“Great place for family, close to Disneyland Free Shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   465 W Orangewood Ave., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #56 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Spokane, Washington
“Great place for family, close to Disneyland Free Shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were overall happy with this resort, the rooms, the grounds, and the staff. It was very quiet at night, it was secure, and the grounds were beautiful. They had kids activities daily while we were there and the pool and hot tub are great! The parking lot for the free shuttle was a few blocks away, so we would walk there each day to shuttle off to disney for free. The only complaint I have is the carpets in the rooms (well at least ours) could use replacing. We also had an issue with the toilet running every so often, and they came to fix it twice to no avail. So we just turned it off at night so it didn't keep us up. Also, the rooms are a bit musty, probably due to the fact that the bathroom has no fan in it, but they provided several floor fans probably for this issue, and that worked great. Overall, we were happy with our stay and would return!

Room Tip: Get a main floor room if you can, or you will be hauling your luggage up one level.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Rohnert Park, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am a Wyndham timeshare owner and I usually love the resorts we stay in but there were a few problems so I can only give it 3 stars.

Check in is at 4 but we arrived a little early so our room was not ready, no big deal. We then waited until about 4:45 when we finally received our key so we were a little frustrated. The staff felt bad so they gave us a free bottle of Martinelli's sparkling cider so still, not a big deal.

We finally get to our room and the door is open, the person cleaning it had just finished and said the only thing we didn't have in the room was small wash clothes and he would bring them up right away. Still no big deal since the room smelled clean and you can tell the carpets had been recently steamed.

I had to use the bathroom really bad, but when I entered it I lifted up the lid. There was poop in the toilet so you know it hadn't been cleaned, grossed out I went to flush it down and the water came up. I grabbed the plunger and it wasn't helping. This was definitely a big deal. I called the front desk right away and asked for a different room.

Now I have to admit, the front desk did whatever it took to make us happy. They immediately gave us a new room but the carpet wasn't as clean as the first one. Everything else was pretty clean though. I love taking baths after a long adventurous day and you can always tell how clean a bathtub is by filling it with hot water, this bathtub was absolutely SPOTLESS. Probably the cleanest bathtub I have ever used.

My husband is dead set against staying here again, but considering how well the staff handled us I would be willing to give it another try. I'm not a picky person and don't really care if a room is outdated, I just care how clean it is.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

It was clean, my kids had a fantastic time. Staff was very friendly. Great game room, snack bar, and pool area. Fun activities scheduled each day. Close to Disneyland. This is a perfect place for a family!

• Stayed November 2012
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have stayed in nicer places but this one worked for us. The staff was nice. The rooms were decent. The only complaint I had was the dirty carpet. I would not let my child play on the carpet without laying a blanket down first. They should really replace it. Definitely need slippers to walk around in your room. Other than that, the rooms were spacious and parking was not a problem at all. Staff was very responsive. I would not mind staying there again.

Pleasanton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights before a cruise. It is an older, apartment style complex. Our 1 bedroom was toward the back and quiet, even though our neighbors had children. It was clean and very comfortable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Dolphin' s Cove Resort is a quaint urban resort with excellent amenities, but that aside, the main reason for stay here is Disneyland. Staff helpful and friendly. We're in our 70's and the parks are within walking distance. Convenient to assortment of restaurants but amenities include full kitchen facilities and groceries are available within half a mile. Trolley transportation to area sights available at marginal cost. An older multi-use resort within the Wyndham/WorldMark Vacation Resort Properties. Rentals available as well as timeshare. Enjoyed our stay.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This property is far from resembling any kind of resort. There was no amenities that are offer by a resort and was disappointed by what little was offered. Unlike the other up-scaled hotels near this property no transportation was offered. I will never be stepping foot on this property again and I will definitely tell my friends and family not use this property either. No restaurant, room services or any other simple amenities.

Room Tip: NO a/c or central heating system. Rooms were very cold in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dolphin's Cove Resort? Share your experiences!