“Don't expect much from the concierge lounge or rude staff” 2 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #25 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Don't expect much from the concierge lounge or rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Mediocre room and accommodations. Staff is uncaring and rude. We paid extra for our two rooms to have the concierge experience. The concierge lounge staff was rude and way understaffed for the number of guests. They didn't have enough food for the number of guests - almost everything was empty and what was left was cold and tasteless. They had 50 seats and about 80 guests. They didn't clean the tables and told you you could take a small plate to your room but refused to supply guests with trays. They had 3 people working and needed many more. They ran out of food 30 minutes before the time. It was a terrible way to start the day. The staff was over worked and snippy on top of it. Do yourself a favor stay at The Hilton across the street. This Marriott doesn't deliver a good guest experience and they don't care!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Korean first
Eagle River
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

The first room (King) that they gave us there were black hairs in the bed, on the bathroom floor, and all over. I have a 6 month old and 2 year old and I was really grossed out. Then after complaining they comped my room 50.00 and agreed to move us. Hours went by and still no key or attendant to let us in and the longer we stayed in the room the more hairs we found. It was nasty. Then finally after two more calls they moved us to a room across the hall and as my husband was setting down his suitcase he noticed a bug on the bed. It looked like a spider (could have been a bed bug), but we were not taking any chances. We ran back to the hair room and stayed there until they agreed to send someone up. Mind you, I couldn't let my 6 month old down because there was a million hairs on the floor. Hours go by and still nothing. I call again and they send someone up who tells me "It is just a small spider." I said "Gee, that is nice, but no thanks." Then they moved us up a floor, but never brought us any keys and they didn't have us on file for the housekeeping service. So, the next day we had to call 3x to get it cleaned. The bathrooms are old and there is hard water stains on the fixtures. This hotel is old and they over charge for everything. If I had it to do all over again I would have stayed farther down the street away from Disneyland and in a newer/nicer hotel. Crown Plaza, Sheraton, Hyatt, and there is a Marriott down there too. Believe me you can sacrifice the short ride to Disney on a bus and be farther away because this hotel is old, gross, and not worth the money. The rooms are small and the Pizza Hut is gross too. Fake cheese and it is 20.00 for a large Pep. Lovers, are you kidding me? Room Service was 75.00 for breakfast (3 meals). Pay more money and stay down the street! The closer you are to Disney the older and more you get ripped off.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

Strong leadership and communication is happening here to foster positive guest experiences. Everything around me looked and flowed so well. This Disneyland location is a wonderful venue for both weekend get-a-ways with the family, or for conferences what I attended.
I was there for two nights for a Marriott Training Conference. The banquet halls boast lots of functional space and design. The quality of food, and staff service was awesome too. It was only rivaled by the level service in the hotel itself. The property was immaculately clean, and the modern décor was inspiring as well as just fun to look at. My room had every feature a forgetful business traveler like myself could need. The room was very comfortable for both working or relaxing. It was one of the cleanest rooms I have every stayed in. Seriously!
Only had one minor issue. The guest service clerk informed me all the rooms had mini-fridges, and perhaps most of the rooms in the hotel do. Well mine didn’t. Concierge arranged to make it happen very quickly, and all it took was a brief call.
I am the General Manager of the TownePlace Suites, and we are the # 1 Tripadvisor.com pick for hotels in my home area. While some situations we face are not always perfect, I think my team knows how to create great experiences.The team at this hotel knows how to deliver quality. I will for sure remember my experience. The Anaheim Marriott Hotel and it's truly represented Marriott’s Spirit to Serve.
tclemons

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Burlingame, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I stayed at this Marriott because the conference I attended chose this Marriott as the host hotel. Excellent location for convention goers as the Convention Center is right next door. The hotel comes with standard amenities with an on-site Pizza Hut and Starbucks ( although both seemed to close earlier on the weekends).
I was originally given a corner room with1 King bed but the power plant/ machinery across the street was so noisy that I could feel the humming noise even with all blinds and windows shut. I talked to Front Desk and was changed into a room away from elevators/vending machines/power plant. Everything in the room worked except the heater fan. The heater fan constantly produced a loud vibrating sound that interfered with my sleep. I had to turn it off in order to go back to sleep. Other than that, the wallpapers and some areas of bathroom showed signs of wear and tear. The entire hotel could use some TLC.
Staff was great. Everyone I talked to was very professional and always greet with a smile. A big thank you to concierge who had helped me to make my various reservations. I ate dinner at Decree bar. I ordered a tortilla soup and a mushroom burgef. Both were delicious. I also ordered room service for breakfast and it came on time ( a big plus for poeple who need to attend early meetings). I also went to dine at Garden Walk, a big restaurant and shopping complex not too far from the hotel,
The hotel is located within 20 minute walk to Disney ( I did this myself). Shuttle stops are at the major intersection of Katella and Harbor ( not too far from the hotel). Super Shuttle
will take you to the Orange County airport (reservations recommended),

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stay on a business trip in July of 2010. The hotel is one of the better Marriotts I have stayed in, and I stay in Marriotts every year. However, not with standing the wonderful service. I was very pleased to been introduced to fig bread. It is the best bread I have ever had. I ordered alot to bring back with me just so I could share it with my family and friends. Great Job!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Bay Area Cali
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We recently returned from a 6 day trip to So Cal and spent 3 nights at the Marriott and 3 nights at the Hyatt in Garden Grove. The hotel is nice, staff was friendly and the food was ok but our room was on the small side and the bathroom was very small - the interior of the room looked outdated but the beds were very comfortable. My husband attended a conference for 3 days and we frequent Disneyland at least once a year so I wanted to try out two different hotels. I was pleased there was a Starbucks but they charged $1 more for every coffee - The Hyatt also has a Starbucks and their prices were more in line with the Starbucks on every street corner. The lobby area was nicely decorated in Christmas Decor and the shuttle to Disneyland was steps away from the hotel but we probabley would not return any time soon

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of November , we were going to the hockey game on Friday night and then to Disneyland on Saturday. The hotel is very large and clean and as others have mentioned the service was great. We showed up at about 2 pm on Friday and I was expecting to have to wait, but we were checked in within minutes, the valets at the door where friendly and quick and provided lots of little bits of advice about the area. The room was a good size for us with a huge King bed and a big flat screen TV after a day at Disneyland it was nice to come back relax and watch a movie. The room service fees are a bit ridiculous but it is the same food at the restaruant downstairs and it is decent for a fair price. The one downside I would say and I report this about hotels and airports everywhere I go is the Starbucks in the hotel. Why if I go to a Starbucks in a mall a regular coffee costs me $2 but in a hotel like this one it is $3???? Disneyland is quite close but if you had kids it might be a jaunt but we took a cab and I think it cost 9 dollars each way which with a return trip is essentially the cost of the shuttle for a family of 4. I would highly recommend this hotel for the Anaheim area, lots of restaurants around and a Target down the street for water and things. We didn't use the pool but it does look quite small if that is a main feature that you are looking for in a hote, keep in mind this hotel has tons of rooms too. The parking was included in the rate we paid so we didn't get dinged on this but as a regular Marriott visitor I know their rates can be high, I believe it is $22/day for self parking, but the lot is pretty easy to access, so definitely consider that.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!