“Good Hotel, not too far of a walk from DIsneyland” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #25 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Victoria, Canada
“Good Hotel, not too far of a walk from DIsneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

We stayed at the Mariott over New Years. We got a great deal (only $79 per night!) for 4 nights, which was well worth it. Our room was a corner room, with a decent view. You can't really see the disneyland fireworks from the hotel b/c the Hillton hotel is in the way, but you can make out some high ones just above the Hillton.

Our room was very clean and modern. As noted by other reviewers, the bathrooms are a bit small, but ours wasn't too bad. The bed was ok... I have a sensitive back so it started feeling sore a couple of days in.

The hotel is a 10-15 walk to disneyland., which is very manageable. If you don't want to walk, take a cab (about $7), or the bus ($4 for the entire day). There is a Denny's that is about 7 mins away. We didn't try the food or drinks at the hotel as it seemed to be a bit on the pricey side (although I'm sure that is the case at other hotels in the area as well).

We didn't try out the pool, as it closed around 11pm every night... but it seemed inviting!!

Overall, we were fairly happy with the hotel (especially because of the deal we got!)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

We booked this in combo with a rental car, so essentially the rental car was free. So, the parking fee (self parking was $20/day in Jan 2010) wasn't a huge issue for us. The parking is not horribly away from the hotel - perhaps a 3 minute walk from the lobby to the elevators - but seemed safer than an open lot.

Rooms were very large and most of a balcony - we were on the 15th floor and had a sliver of California Adventure visible but plenty of the open valley and mountains. Elevators were fast and even with a convention in town it was busy but not too loud. You could hear people walking down the hallway but we didn't have anyone rowdy on our floor.

Drinks and food is expensive, but this is common with every Marriott. At least they do have a bar if you want a drink - but the rooms have a mini-fridge and there are grocery stores within a quick drive for any food/drinks.

The walk to Disneyland is quite long. We are in our early 30s and it was a comfortable walk but took about 20 minutes one way. They do have the resort transit (for a fee) and a cab ride is about $7 average each way.

I probably would stay there again because the value for the room is so high - we have stayed in some smaller hotels near the entrance, but they are around the same price and poor quality in my opinion.

Nice outdoor/indoor pool, nice hottub (great to relax after a long day at the park and there is a way to get there without going through the lobby).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

This hotel was just alright for me. The rooms were nice, but the bathrooms need some serious updating and cleaning. It's bad when you find wads of hair on the floor from other patrons. I didn't think the cleaning staff did the best job when cleaning the rooms. I found a makeup compact under one of the chairs in the room and hair all over the bathroom. The hotel is nicely located, but the parking expense at $20 a night is a little much. I would never go to Disney again over the holidays since I could barley move in the park and my kids had to wait way too long to get on any of the rides.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

Two trips to this hotel in 1 week. Both times I was in the Oasis Tower. Rooms were very nice and clean. Gym was nice and big. Parking was plentiful and attached. Restaurant food was good and service was friendly. I did encounter a small issue on the 2nd stay, but the manager made everything right very quickly. It started with my request for a room with a balcony and I got a handicap room which did not have a normal desk. Since I had work to do this became a problem. Ultimately, they gave me the key to the attached room and I had access to that workspace without having to pack up and move rooms. Had a great view of the firework from my room (1448). This same manager gave me a tip to a great restaruant since I was craving Thai food. Having a FedEx Kinko's on site allowed me to ship some stuff back home early without having to take it on the plane. An ordinary stay, turned into a very positive when when Frederick responded to my needs the way he did.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

We traveled to Anaheim to experience Halloween at Disneyland with another family. From the moment we checked in our experience was excellent. We were even given a $10 a day discount on parking, even though we were prepared to pay the $20 a day. We had 4 adults and 1 child on a roll away bed in our standard room and we were all very comfortable. The room was not the biggest hotel room I have ever stayed in, but we did not feel cramped at all. The tolietries in the bathroom were Bath & Body Works products . We asked for a view of Disneyland and we were given 2 rooms on the 15th floor facing the park. You could see the nightly fireworks from our balconies. We will always stay at this hotel when we make a visit to Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

We have stayed at both the Marriott and Residence Inn maingate in Anaheim. Pros for the Marriott: King size bed and free breakfast, happy hour and evening dessert if you have concierge priviledges. Cons for the Marriott: $20 per day parking. Pros for the Residence Inn: free parking, free breakfast, kitchen, close to Gardenwalk stores and restaurants. Cons: Queen size bed, more expensive. We like the location of the Residence Inn more because we can walk anywhere we want to go, but when we stay at the Marriott we buy the $4 all day bus pass and use it to get to Disneyland and the Gardenwalk area. Both hotels were quiet, clean and comfortable with good service and friendly staff.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
At a hotel near you
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed here for one night to attend the Disney Expo. The decor is what you would expect from a business-type hotel. Sophisticated and clean. The standard room is unusually small. Good thing my husband and I didn't bring our three kids. Though we only utilize the room to sleep in, it would have been nice to have a spacious room. Nevertheless, the room was clean and the location to the convention center is nearby. I brought my laptop but didn't want to spend money for internet, especially when self-parking already cost $20. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant is pricey. Not going to do that again. The room has a mini refrigerator. I suggest you utilize it by bringing your own milk, drinks, fruit and snacks. I would return to this hotel if I can get a good deal.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!