“Great visit” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in 3 rooms over the Disney Tinkerbell weekend and it far exceeded our expectations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were clean, comfortable and well maintained.
When visiting the Anaheim area in the future we will use this hotel again! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a family friendly hotel in the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dan S, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
I am delighted to hear about your great stay. Thank you for your recommendation. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Korean first
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here for 4 days while attending a work conference last year. Large room, comfortable bed. Location is excellent. Very close to Disneyland. Felt very safe walking in the neighbourhood even late at night. Overall enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about out hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Mundelein, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stay here because there is a corporate rate--that I must show for my client. Generally when I go on the website and try and get the rate--there are days/weekends that it's not available. My client won't want the change in price. I tried to break the 3-week stay at the corporate rate into a 2-week and a 1-week through the Marriott line--and I couldn't. Then I talked to Kevin, the general manager. He had Lauren W. call me and they got it done. So, I don't have to stay weeks at a time to get the corporate rate. I've been travelling for 5 years, and this is the first time someone has worked with me to get what I needed when I needed. I really appreciate this--since I've been going to the hotel for a year--and have another half-year to go. I do like to get home occasionally.

In addition, the Starbucks, in particular, Nick is wonderful. If you come back more than once, he'll remember you and your drink, usually.

The SunSpot has a number of wonderful waiters (Jacob, Alex, Leo, and more), Maria the omelet chef always gets me what I want.

This is my home away from home and I really like it.

Room Tip: If you get on the Chapman side, fairly high up, you can see the Disney fireworks
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dan S, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts. I am so glad that you consider us your home away from home. I appreciate your compliments to the staff and will be sure to pass along your kind words. Thank you again.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

First time staying at the Anaheim Marriott was the best experience i have had the staff was very helpful and did anything they could to accommodate the guest they really make you feel welcome especially would like to thank (Dennis Tyler) for proving great guest service. Its in a great location overlooking the city and can see disneyland from balcony especially great at night to watch the fire works its a short walk or bus ride to disneyland had a great bar,restaurant and pool area. Will be staying here agin thank you Anaheim Marriott and its staff for providing a great service making this trip unforgettable for my self and my family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dan S, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I'm delighted that your first experience with us was a great one. Thank you for staying with and for sharing your thoughts.
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I stay at the Anaheim Marriott a couple of times a year and we have been doing this for about 7 years. The location is great, but more importantly its the caring staff that has always made our trips memorable. They do everything they can to make your stay fun and comfortable. From the time you drive up, Nathan our one of the other incredible valets takes your car. Jack or one of the other terrific bellman helps you to your room. Ivan, one of the managers jumps right in to help you get settled and get a great room. As far as dining goes, everyone goes out of their way to help you and get you want you want-even if its not on the menu! From Brandon, Chris,Sharon,Kitty and the amazing Vanessa we were pampered appreciated and spoiled our entire trip. No matter how busy, this grat staff puts it's guests first! Thank you to the ones I mentioned and all of the others who make the hotel so wonderful. It is certainly our home away from home. Many Thanks to all of you! Scott and Kelly Lidgard

Room Tip: We like being near the pool area but it could be louder if you need quiet. We dont mind and love th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you being regular guests of our hotel. I'm so glad our staff goes above and beyond to make your trips memorable, and I will be sure to pass along your compliments. Thank you very much staying with us and I certainly look forward to welcoming you again.
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We travel to the resort 2-3 times a year and this is by far our favorite hotel. It's a great Marriott in a prime location, a short shuttle ride or an easy walk to Disneyland/DCA. There are beautiful views of the park from many of the rooms. The pool area is large and partially covered so its perfect in any type of weather. Since it's close to the convention center we find that the crowd tends to be more adults and couples and less kids then some of the other hotels in the area, which we love being a couple in our 30s. There are also convenient options for coffee and snacks (Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Room Service). There's a Hertz Rental Car right in the lobby and Alamo less then a block away, adding to the ease of the location. To top it off, the customer service always blows us away. These guys obviously care that you enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Request a top floor. The Oasis Tower is quieter as it is set away from the lobby and the main tower...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan S, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you consistently enjoy your stay with us and appreciate your comments. I look forward to seeing you again.
Spruce Grove, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I went down to California for a foot-race through Disneyland parks (more information on these races can be found at the Run Disney website). We were looking for hotel accommodations that were close to the park, easy to get to from the airport and a good price. We found all of that with the Marriott.

We rented a car from a location very close to the airport and drove to the Marriott - took only about 40 minutes through light traffic. And very easy to find. Check in was pretty challenging as the front desk associate didn't know if our room was ready and had to make several attempts to call. Finally we were able to go up (17th floor). The only bummer was that 2 out of the 6 elevators were in service (for the whole weekend I should add) so we had full trips up stopping at almost every floor and full trips down doing the same.

Our room was nice - very clean, but small. The bed was very comfortable and made it easy to sleep.

The best part about this hotel is the location! Walking a short distance and crossing only one road (10 minutes total) and you were in downtown Disney! The walk to the front gates was a little longer, but only by about 5 minutes. We LOVED this location!

The valet attendants were very quick, kind and polite and we tipped them generously for that. Our car never took longer to get to the front doors than it took us to get down the elevator. It was awesome.

We also visited Universal Studios while we were there - about an hour drive away. We were given great directions and had a fabulous time.

All-in-all, the location sold us on loving this hotel. And I would recommend it to others who want something a little nicer than a motel and who still want to be close to Disneyland.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan S, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
How fun, the Disney Race! I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that you'd recommend us. Thank you!

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!