“Best Bell Desk ever!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orem, Utah
“Best Bell Desk ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just wanted the bell desk to receive the recognition they deserve. Had so much ridiculous stuff to move in and out for our stay that it took two men to push the trunk shut when we left, yet their pleasure at helping us was genuine. Their desk handled the delivery and return of a locally-rented wheelchair for our family member with feet problems to get around Disneyland. They happily posted my letters for me when I asked where a mailbox was, got me set up with the very convenient shuttle to Disneyland, and answered every question like I was the most important part of their day.
And when my child got separated from the family, and kept getting on and off elevators on random floors trying to find us, it seemed they and the entire hotel staff organized a search party to get her back safe. Thanks Anaheim Marriott for a great Disneyland experience, and thanks Bell Desk for the best bell service I've ever had!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Sounds like you had quite a trip! I am thrilled to hear that our staff gave you the best service you have ever had and will be sure to pass along the compliments. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Korean first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed here for 8 days while attending a conference in December and could not have been more impressed. The staff and facilities were second to none and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of a visit to Disneyland or on a business trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad to hear about how impressed you were with our hotel and appreciate your recommendation. I hope you come stay with us again.
Manassas, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We recently returned for a trip to this hotel. I thought I would draw your attention to some of the highlights and other issues that you should consider when booking this hotel.

First our trip was specifically to visit Disneyland with my wife, 3 adult children and my daughter in law. I booked a few months prior to the trip and got a pretty good rate considering the holidays.

Pros:

- I have the Marriott app on my phone. This let me check in ahead of time. As we were riding on the Super Shuttle from the airport at 12:30 pm, the app send me an email saying our rooms were ready. Not bad!

- Arrived at the hotel - Check in took about 10 seconds to pick up the keys. Not bad!. The service staff is top notch. This is actually the best part of the hotel. Every person we encountered was just perfect.

- We received adjoining rooms as requested in the tower with a view of the part. Not bad!
Rooms were nicely decorated. Roll a way was already in the room as requested. Very nice!

Things to be aware

- As others have mentioned, the rooms are small. In fact...very small. Double beds just don't cut it for us. The bathrooms to me seem like they are ready for another round or remodeling. For example, the tub had a water line running down the middle of the tub were the finish had obviously worn off.
- Housekeeping kept the room clean and neat, but you would think that with 4 people, we would have received more then one tiny bar of soap and one set of shampoo/conditioner.
- The hotel is quite a walk from the park. It doesn't bother me, but did for my wife. We bought the 3 day ART tickets, but frankly, if you don't leave very early, the amount of people trying to get on a bus is more then it can hold. We wound up taking a taxi both ways one day. If I were to do this again, I'd dispense with the bus and just taxi it. It's more, but you if you are going to Disney, you know you are going to be spending lots of bucks.

In summary, I was pleased. The service level of the hotel was fantastic and made the stay quite enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I'm delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience staying with us and I appreciate your feedback. Hope you had fun at Disneyland!
Oceanside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We are Marriott gold members so we spend a lot of time in Marriott hotels, in addition to being timeshare owners. I usually love my Marriott experiences and "splurged" a bit over the rate I wanted to spend to stay closer to disney at the holidays. However, this is the first and last time I will ever stay at this hotel. The staff is wonderful, but the bed was beyond firm. I am a side sleeper and found it virtually impossible to fall asleep, let alone get a good night sleep. The concierge lounge was closed for 2 of the 3 nights, and the one night it was open the food ran out early and the staff picked everything up much earlier than the published time. Not great form a cranky toddler who was looking forward to the promise of a chocolate chip cookie. The location is great.....very walkable to the parks, but I simply cannot get past the fact that I was only able to sleep for 4-5 fitful hours and woke up feeling like I had been beaten. I will still frequent Marriott, but not this one and am on the hunt for a new hotel at Disneyland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I regret to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. I am sending you a private message.
Lowell, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great concierge staff. Great bellhop staff. Clean and friendly hotel. Great rooms with balconies. As a Marriott Elite, they truly make you feel like an elite in the concierge lounge and when checking in. Separate elite counter for long check in lines as well. Overall a great hotel, for events and for family visits to Disneyland.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments about our staff. I am glad that you enjoyed the benefits of being an elite member. Thanks again and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Palm Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

As always, when you stay at Marriot Hotel, you can expect a high level of standard. Can't say anything unsatisfactory. You will always be pleased with the service and the hospitality that you get. The hotel is located right at the center of Anaheim and you can explore the area by just walking. You can also depend on their hotel service if you want to go quickly to Disneyland.

Room Tip: You may want to choose rooms in the east side facing Disneyland.
Green Features: I think Marriot maintains their high standard and their care for the environment> I'm glad to find a hotel that is responsible and are making people responsible. I want to see more hotels following the example of Marriot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. I appreciate your comments and am glad that we were able to uphold the standards you have come to expect from our hotels. Come back soon!
Seattle, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed at this property for three nights for a conference. Location is excellent to both the convention center and Disney. Arrived early 12:15, self parked for 24 a day (ouch), and as should be expecting when arriving early my room was not ready. When it was finally ready at close to 4pm, was assigned a KING room on the 4th floor. Wasn't the view I was hoping for, but the room itself was fine. Typical room size and Marriott furnishings. Bed was great, bathroom small like most Marriott's but was what I expected. ONE HUGE plus was that the floor I was on was quiet. Did not hear one door slam that woke me up, and that is my biggest pet peeve of hotel travel. This Marriott has their doors figured out and they don't slam unless you were to pull them hard to do so. Bravo!
Due to the lateness of my room being ready was provided an upgrade to use the concierge room on the 18th floor. Beautiful view and great perk. Had breakfast each morning and had no problem finding a place to seat or something good to eat in the AM. Room remains open during the day for soda, water, small candy snacks, etc.
Stopped by the hotel bar once and had some light snacks and a beverage. As most hotel bars, a bit expensive but that's pretty typical.
I wish I could remember the name of the housekeeper, but she did an amazing job and was always smiling and happy. I tipped her well each day, as in my opinion these folks are the hardest working people in the building and they make their money from what you put on the bed each day, not their hourly wage...
I saw some really cool "loft" style two story rooms on my hallway and would want to inquire about one of those if I came with my family. They looked pretty sweet.
Over all had a nice stay, great interactions with staff and loved the location as it related to my conference.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the CITY on a high floor if you can..can't see all the fireworks as the HILTON...
Green Features: Not so ECO friendly on the recycling deal..they do the normal, we'll wash your towels if on the ground deal, etc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed the concierge room. I would love to have you and your family stay with us and I hope to see you again.

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!