“Award Winning Staff, Excellent Facilities, Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Angels Camp, California
“Award Winning Staff, Excellent Facilities, Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in early December. We were blown away by the incredible service we received from the employees at this hotel! From the first interaction with the valet, to the cheerful smile of the front desk receptionist (her name was London) and the incredibly friendly bellman (John). Warm, sincere greetings were everywhere.

We checked in later in the evening during a convention and we were given a complimentary upgrade to an executive king. When we got to the room, we noticed that we were on a lower level overlooking the convention center. The room was clean and spacious, and we went to sleep!

The next morning when I visited the lobby to see about moving rooms, I was greeted by a member of the front desk staff who was roaming the lobby checking on guests (his name was either Eric or Issac, both names come to mind for some reason). He assured me that he apologized, and arranged for our bags to be moved to our new room and promised that new keys would be waiting for us at the front desk when we returned from our day at Disneyland! Thank you so much! Not only did he move us, but he put us at the other end of the hotel with a beautiful view of Orange County.

Everywhere you look this property is impressive. Beautiful lobby, immaculate indoor/outdoor pool with a hot tub, and a shiny convention center.

The only improvement that I would suggest: invest in the guest room bathrooms. The fixtures and tile in the main tower bathrooms are really starting to show their age.

We travel to this area often and we generally stay either here or the neighboring Hilton (which generally has a lower nightly rate), and we are always impressed with both!

We will be returning soon!

Room Tip: The main tower rooms have balconies, but the second tower has nicer bathrooms. Both towers are extre...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. Our staff is a great point of pride and I am glad they were able to make your stay so pleasant. I certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We booked our vacation stay at this Marriott because of how close it is to Disney. We had a great stay the room were standard nothing special Two double beds because we had the kids with us. The room was cleaned every day and done well but my compliant is the pillows. Marriott has horrible pillows. Last time we stayed at the Marriott suits down the road the same thing. The comment we received from them last time was to call down to get new ones. So this time I did and they sent me up two more uncomfortable pillows. What can I say Bring your own pillow from home I guess.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest and for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay and hope to see you again.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed a few times for meetings held at convention center. Nice staff, good service. Due to the volume of meetings I get this sense that they don't have to "try" for lots of business and I feel that is why they don't have to go the true extra mile for rooms and comfort. It's nice, but I give it an average rating for the following:

For size it should have more than one on-site restaurant running.
Rooms are on the small size even for Marriott.
Really small bathrooms
Concierge lounge on small size --at it's busiest it can be cramped and hard to move around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback. I hope you stay with us again in the future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Great place to stay. We walked to Downtown Disney to gain access to the parks everyday and found the walk to be easy, took about 10 minutes. Room was spacious and very neat and clean. Staff were great, Karla was great at check in & check out - a credit to the Marriott and made the welcome and good bye more than the norm. Was great to be located close to several food places plus having a starbucks in the foyer was great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Our guests certainly enjoy being so close to Disneyland. I am so glad you felt welcomed will be sure let the staff know of your comments. I hope you stay with us again.
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I enjoyed my recent stay during a conference. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable, despite being placed near the elevator doors due to an alcove that I suspect mitigated noise. An array of services are available for business travelers and conference attenders, including a FedEx mini-store and business center, as well as other amenities like exercise facilities. Additionally, this hotel is within walking distance of Disneyland. If I ever travel to the area on business again, this Marriott will definitely rank high on the list of desirable options.

However, no inexpensive restaurants appear to be within easy reach of the Marriott, and the in-house options are either expensive, unappealing--like a Pizza Hut station--or both. Families visiting Disneyland, may want to explore other options.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. As far as more affordable restaurants, there is a Denny’s a block away and a couple other reasonable options just north on Katella. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope to see you again.
Bishop, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I attended a conference here, and was greeted before I even entered the driveway. Every staff member I met was helpful and pleasant from doormen to front desk to housekeeping. William, a concierge, was particularly helpful and generous with his time and effort. My room was comfortable, my bed cozy and bathroom/bedroom very clean. I appreciated the tea/coffe service available. The only concern was the sliding glass door, which was difficult to slide and secure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 8 nights during the week of Thanksgiving. My daughter was a participant in the National America Miss pageant. Yes, this is an older hotel. But they have done great job with keeping it up to date. We were in room 1710 for our family of 4. The two double beds & one bath did make it a little challenging after 8 days together. We made it work. Our room had a really cool balcony looking out North, towards Disney. We could watch the fireworks each night @ 9:30pm. As others have mentioned, the service level of the employees is what sets them apart. Sandy checked us in and for the rest of the week, she would call us by name every time we'd see her. Same thing with the concierge lounge. Larry greeted us every morning with a nice "good morning Mr. Smith" Maid service was fantastic too. We had a nice lady from Russia each day. She made sure we were well stocked with extra coffee and towels. She also cleaned around our schedule. We leave for 30 minutes and she'd have it done by the time we got back.

You really can't go wrong staying here. Price of rooms & food is standard for a full service hotel. Yes, they charge for the Internet. That's part of Marriott's requirement. If you don't like paying for it, then become a Marriott Rewards gold level & above member and then it's free, along with concierge lounge access too.

Thanks for hosting us Marriott Anaheim. We had a blast!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Thank you for the review and I hope to see you again.

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!