“Welcome to the USA” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Welcome to the USA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Brought my family for the first time to USA and stayed at Marriot, Anaheim from 23/8-28/8. After seeing many Hollywood movies most of my family members were very apprehensive about the US. Staying at Marriot really help them adjust to the local lifestyle and feel relax again. Service was friendly especially those at level 18 Concierge rooms, thank you guys. Efficient service from Hotel to ART. Kids had a good time at Disneyland and Universal studios, we preferred the Blue Whale watch and the Redwood Forest.

Room Tip: Get the Concierge level, Guest rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for your first say in the USA, I'm glad you and your family had a good time. Hollywood does sensationalize things a bit as you found out! I hope you'll come again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Korean first
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Marriott in Anaheim is a three star hotel. Although the location is wonderful if you are planning a visit to the convention center, the accommodations are sub-par. The a/c units in the room don't cool your room properly, the pillows are flat, and my towels were dirty.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Although I'm happy that you appreciated our convenient location in Anaheim, I'm dismayed to hear about your discomfort in your room. The issues that you experienced are not typical for our guests, so I am writing you a private message so I can personally follow up. - Dan
Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here with my hubby, two kids and parents. We had two rooms on the 9th floor overlooking the pool with a balcony.
Check in was smooth with Sandy being very helpful. We quickly got to our rooms which were very clean although a tad small with 4 suitcases and a roll away bed.
We were pleased with our overall stay with all staff being very helpful and polite and the general areas and appearance of the hotel being clean and spacious. We always felt safe and there were many great restaurants within walking distance.
Starbucks was good to have on site alongside the hotel shop which stocked trinkets and essentials. Hotel bar was nice with staff being chatty and helpful.
The only gripe I had was the day before we were due to leave, we planned a relaxing pool day. However on entering the pool my daughter noticed a cluster of human faeces in the water. We immediately notified a staff member (not the fault of the hotel as they provide swim nappies free of charge alongside the pool towels) who asked my daughter to point it out and then went off to notify another staff member, I'm assuming management?!
We waited and waited, staff members came out and looked in the pool but nothing was done to rectify the situation. By this time the faeces had been swept around by the water and was starting to break up.....yuk whilst people both young and old swam around it and through it!
To my knowledge nothing was done and we were so hot and disgusted that we couldn't use the pool we left and went out for the day.
Other than that we had a fantastic time and even though the hotel was constantly packed with people the hotel always ran smoothly. We would go back and revisit this hotel as like i said the pool incident wasn't the fault of the hotels though it could have been dealt with more efficiently.

Room Tip: High floors overlooking the pool areas are great, staff ensure pool is not used after 11 pm so noise...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback, I'm glad you had a great, relaxing stay. I'd love to know what day you were at the pool so that I may look into it. Our policy is to immediately shut down the pool and shock treat it until it is deemed safe and ready to be opened for our guests' use again by a certified inspector in these cases.

Once again, thank you and I hope you'll visit us again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

1st we had a room by the parking area but they quickly moved us to another tower where we had stayed last time. It was very quiet after staying at the Hilton across the way last time & they were having a cheer leading competition and it was very noisy! At the Marriott it is alway quiet!

Room Tip: Eat somewhere else very expensive
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I'm very happy that we could welcome you back to Anaheim Marriott. It's great to hear that we were able to give you a room that you previously enjoyed, and I'm glad that you had another peaceful and relaxing stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. - Dan
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My 13 year old son and myself stayed here for 12 nights. As others have said, the hotel was extremely busy but we only noticed noise from other guests on one of the nights. The room was comfy, although a little lacking in storage (3 dresser drawers and a bedside cabinet). The housekeeping team kept it spotless for us.

Despite the small size of the pool and volume of guests, we always managed to find a lounger and the complimentary towels were well stocked.

The on site shop was stocked with a nice range of products which were reasonably priced. It also had long opening hours.

As a single mum, I felt safe in the area and in the hotel itself. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to others in the same position.

The downsides were the additional costs for wi-fi and parking (although, I appreciate this is Marriott policy rather than the locations choice). Also, I guess its my own fault for booking a business hotel, but it felt on occassion whilst we were sat in the lounge as though we were gate crashing a private party (and one we were under dressed for - everybody else in evening dress and we were sat there in our jeans). Again, although this was a little uncomfortable I feel it is outside of the control of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad to hear that you felt comfortable and safe during your stay with us, and I really appreciate your recommendation. I'm also happy that you enjoyed hanging out by the pool on such a busy weekend. You are correct that we do not have control over parking and WiFi prices, so thank you for your understanding. I hope we can host you again on a future trip to Southern California. - Dan
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The best thing we can say about this hotel is the proximity to Disneyland. As it holds up to the brand Marriott, it is not on par. Room was not cleaned properly. We found empty bottles of wine under the beds, along with socks and garbage as it appeared this was not checked nor vacuumed. Air conditioning did not work well. Parking costs are un-exceptable, over $25 per day. This is where they make up the difference in their room rate. Pool area was messy. Beds were not very comfortable. Very lumpy and hard. As an elite member we have come to expect more from Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is very important to me, so I am sending you a private message to learn more and make sure that future guests do not have the same experience. - Dan
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this Marriott when attending an event in the Anaheim convention center.

I booked via expedia since the rate included parking and wifi (the same rate on all other sites was room only).

On arrival, self parking was easy and given that the convention had a huge attendance and the hotel was sold out I was pleased to find a space almost immediately and within a short walk to the elevator.

When I arrived at check in there were a few people waiting in line so the concierge guy told me to use the premium line which is reserved for club patrons (which I'm currently not a member of or at least don't hold much status with the Marriott brand). My check in was smooth, the staff were really friendly and efficient.

My room was a city view room, balcony was a nice size although at a great height and with my fear of heights I can't say I spent much time out there :) Still I had a few of the convention plaza area and could see the big wheel in Disney's California Adventure too.

The bed was comfortable, the room had ample amenities and was clean.

The hotel itself has a Starbucks within it which I found was a nice little bonus :)

Across the road is the Hilton hotel, which was a short walk and that has a small food court inside it as well as another Starbucks.

The convention center is a 1-2 minute walk from the hotel and Disney is a 5 minute drive and probably a 15 minute walk.

There is also an outlet which is approx 2-3 miles away which was really nice and clean, called Outlets at Orange.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I'm very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, and I'm glad that we could quickly check you in during such a busy weekend. Becoming a Marriott Rewards member is free and a great way to experience many extra perks such as priority check-in at thousands of our partner hotels worldwide. Thank you for the great review, and I hope we can host you again on a future visit to Southern California. - Dan

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!