“Close Proximity to Disney with Modern Amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Close Proximity to Disney with Modern Amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here on vacation for three nights. We've been visiting the Anaheim area for several years and have tried each of the large, nicer hotels. This was our first time staying at the Marriott Anaheim and it is right up there at the top of our list.

A staff member greeted us warmly at the reception desk. We stayed in a corner executive king with city view. The room was huge and quiet with classy, modern decor with an extra large California(?) king bed, a comfortable high-back chair, ottoman, and a work desk with a pull-out table. There was a comfy crisp, white down comforter on the bed. We requested a microwave, and the room already had a fridge in it. There was a big balcony off of the room. There was a large, flat screen TV with a variety of cable channels including HBO.

The bathroom had a white rug at the sink, which was a nice touch. The shower had a high-quality Speakman shower head with great water pressure. There were plenty of lights and mirrors for getting ready, including a full-length mirror near the door. We liked the thermostat/AC control as we could turn it up to 74 degrees and only have the AC come on intermittently or we could turn it off completely. It was very comfortable for sleeping. The room service (Marriott Burger) was good and timely. We were also able to do our own airline check-in and print our tickets in the lobby free of charge. The elevators were always very quick to arrive and in spite of the large number of people in the hotel, it never felt crowded. The location was perfect as it was near restaurants, Target, the convention center, and within walking distance of Disney. We also enjoyed the full-service Starbucks right inside the hotel that offered the same food items and drinks as a standalone Starbucks.

The only minor negatives were a lack of theme park view rooms (due to the hotel’s location behind the Hilton), and our city view looked out in part over the roof and HVAC systems. There was a lot of walking from the self-parking lot to the lobby and then to our room. Okay, and then since I’ve been watching too much “Hotel Impossible” we did hear two young male staff complaining about guests and dropping "f" bombs as they were coming up the back stairs and past our room, and there is a note in black print on the shower tile that instructs guests to keep the shower curtain liner inside the tub while showering. There were fees for internet access ($12.95/day) and parking ($24), but this is fairly standard at any of the nicer Anaheim hotels.

Overall, I would say that the Marriott offers a lot more bang for your buck than staying at a Disney resort, the location is great, and the rooms are modern and complete with amenities.

Room Tip: Executive king, corner room is very large and quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
After all these years in Anaheim, I'm very happy that you gave us a chance to impress you. I'm even happier that we succeeded. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Executive King room and all the amenities that it has to offer. I am disappointed that you overheard two of our staff members using inappropriate language, and I address this during our next staff meeting. Thank you for the great feedback though. I'm glad that you had a wonderful stay, and I would love for you to experience one of our rooms with Disneyland firework views on your next visit. - Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Korean first
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very friendly and efficient staff, nice 18th floor concierge lounge with scrambled eggs, pancakes, cereals, and fresh fruit. Evening snacks in the lounge were basic but enough for a light meal. One mile south of Disney-an easy, flat walk up Harbor Blvd or bus for a fee. Room was clean, bath was small. Bath had a tub but no makeup mirror. Internet was slow even with premium upgrade.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We like our guests to start their day with a hearty breakfast, and I'm happy that you took advantage of this. Thank you for sharing your review. Our dedicated and attentive staff is always ready to assist in any way, and I'm glad to hear that all your needs were efficiently met. We look forward to your next visit to Anaheim. - Dan
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here 8 days for the EFAM Conference.

Hotel is in a great location. It is in a resort location so as you would expect prices are higher than usual. If you don’t feel like driving, there are several places to walk to. Just a short 10 min walk and you can find Garden Walk, which has several restaurants/bars, a movie theater and a few shops.

We did not do Disney, but the entrance might be a bit far to walk, then also walk at the park all day.

Valet Parking is a must and worth the $28 per day. Self-park is $24. They always had the car quickly when we needed it, always asked if we needed directions and were very courteous and helpful with bags.

Our room was smaller than expected, but quiet. Maid always did a good job cleaning each day. We looked over the lobby entrance and could see the Convention Center. Fireworks are each night at around 9:25 pm – we could not see them from our location due the convention center blocking the view.

The restaurant and bar was always busy, but served you quickly. Pizza Hut is open basically whenever they feel like it. There seemed to be no set hours. Starbucks is open from early morning until midafternoon. There is a small gift shop with any items you may have forgotten or for quick gifts.

We drove to LA and Hollywood. Traffic is very frustrating. It is stop and go, no matter what time of day.

Overall, great hotel, Great place for a conference - the conference area is huge.

Room Tip: Was in room 1657 - the balcony was very small, standing room only. The balconies facing the convent...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Perfect! Thank you so much for describing the hotel as perfect, it really means a lot to us. I just wish we could have done something about that traffic for you. Hopefully we will see you again.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Marriott Anaheim is a great place to stay. Nice, clean and helpful staff to get you where you need to go and help you with any questions. Disney is about 4 blocks away and not a bad walk. Its safe and there are a whole lot of people walking to park and restaurant in area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us from Portland. The property prides itself on being clean, friendly, and safe. We hope to see you again!
Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week with our 2 and 3 year old. We have annual passes to Disneyland so we have stayed in our fair share of hotels in the Disneyland area. The Marriott Anaheim is definitely ranking on the top of my list . Cleanliness is usually my biggest concerns when staying at a hotel but our room was amazingly clean! I also loved how we had a balcony! We also enjoyed the pool during our visit and I liked how the pool was partially covered so I didn't have to worry about my son burning under the sun. They also provide swim covers to go on top of babies diapers.
The location is awesome! It took us only 15 minutes to walk to Disneyland. Way faster than loading the kids in the car, unloading the car and kids, then riding the tram to the park. My 3 year old is obsessed with fountains and waterfalls and loved just sitting in front of the hotel and watching the two huge waterfalls in front. Especially the huge fountain in front of the Convention Center.
The only downside is the steep price for parking. But my husband and I both agree that we would stay here again despite the parking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Our guests are often surprised to learn how easy it is to walk to Disneyland or take the ART shuttle. I'm glad that your family opted for exercise! Thank you for the wonderful review. Unfortunately, parking fees are standard across all Marriott Hotels, but I'm delighted to hear that you will return based on our great amenities, dedicated customer service, and high standards for cleanliness. We look forward to having you back. - Dan
Warwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here with my teenage son and nephew so the 2 beautiful queen beds meant no one had to sleep on a roll away or floor! I was delighted to see a fridge - Sheratons or Hyatt hotels never have them in theirs plus the usual iron/ironing board. Nice and neutral decor made this room very relaxing. The balcony overlooking the pool was a huge bonus and great to sit out on at the end of the day. The pool is open until 11pm which the kids took quite literally. The girls on the concierge were fantastic - very patient as I sought their advice on travelling around the area and they rang around a few car hire places for me. I ended up using the Hertz office based in the hotel - again superb friendly service and the car was waiting for me in the multi storey parking lot. The gift shop wasn't too pricey for LA standards and the Starbucks and Pizza Hut was also good for the lazy days of sitting by the pool. We stayed for 4 nights in the end and it was probably the better of all 3 hotels we used during our trip. It's a fantastic location for great restaurants and steakhouses all within easy walking distance. And of course Disneyland - which unfortunately my boys were far too old for!! Huntingdon beach, Long Beach and Laguna Beach are about 30-40 mins drive from the hotel and considering the average prices of hotels in these locations are around $250-350 per night leave you more cash in your pocket. Chase in the valet parking/hotel entrance has the most amazing people skills and always has a smile to greet guests. Amazing hotel at such a great price ($139-159 average). Will definitely bookmark this for a return visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony as they don't all have them and they're great for drying out s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. All of us at Marriott are passionate about hospitality, and I'm delighted to hear that Chase exemplified this during your stay. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to him. Likewise, I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed all the great hotel amenities that we have to offer. We look forward to your next trip! - Dan
Richmond, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just returned from a 6 night stay with my wife, son (5y/o) and daughter (18months).
Hotel:
Full service so don't expect to use the luggage cart to haul your Disney souvenirs or your luggage. Bell hops are quick to unload your car and help you. This isn't a bad thing. The bell hop was friendly, efficient and very informative. Check in was simply professional and friendly (genuine - not fake). Very upscale feel - a-la Las Vegas. Parking $24/DAY !! Outrageous but ... oh well.
Room:
Balcony facing pool. Great sunrise view. Clean but bathroom a bit small. Great TV and comfortable bed. They failed to refresh our soap so I had to call down for more soap twice !! They were quick to deliver though.

Overall - Fantastic.

Room Tip: parking - to save $4/day - park at Sheraton across the street. Buy your Disney Tickets from auto cl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad that we could be your family's home away from home during your stay in Anaheim. We are proud to offer friendly and efficient customer service for our guests, and I'm happy to hear that our entire staff left you with a positive experience. We hope to see you again on your next family vacation to Southern California. - Dan

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!