“Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bend, Oregon
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

First time stay here for business conference. Excellent reservation staff - April was very good at explaining hotel amenities and pre-trip planning. Check in very nice, room was clean neat, no view from the room really, but didn't matter to me since I didn't spend much time there, but if room matters to you - ask questions. I was on 2nd floor so it was a convenient location to the conference and to Starbucks inside the hotel. Restaurant by the pool was nice for outside dining and food offered delicious options - several families with children were there enjoying the pool and being so close to Disneyland. Inside the hotel, there is a Disney concierge and they offered evening entry tickets into Disneyland at a reduced evening rate for one park - not bad at $67 for entry after 4pm for our conference group. They also sell shuttle tickets to Disneyland for $5 per person. Excellent daily room service and I would totally stay here again and next time perhaps bring my family next time.

Room Tip: Ask about the view when you check in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We'd love to host your family! Thank you for the wonderful review. We're so happy that you had a great business conference experience with us, and we hope to see you again for a vacation next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Korean first
Cedar Hills, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our 4th time staying here for our annual family vacation to disneyland. We are always amazed at how well the hotels treats us. One night they delivered movie treats so we could enjoy a movie in our room. The hotel is a great location and using the shuttle service to the parks is convenient.
We would highly recommend this hotel for families looking for a nice alternative to the Disney hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We love having loyal guests such as yourself, and we're so happy that we could help make your movie night a little more special! Thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again for your Disneyland vacation next year!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. I requested a king room but it was changed on me to a double. It didn't really matter as I was traveling alone. Not sure if they would have changed it for me if I asked. The room was clean and had a balcony. It was nice little balcony and I looked forward to sitting out there with my book at the end of the day of meetings. No such luck. My room was at the front of the building and for some reason unfathomable to me, they were blasting rock/pop music outside all day! It was so disturbing to the peace. To make matters worse, the a/c in the room was marginal. It wasn't too hot out so I normally would have just opened the window for fresh spring air. But with the music blaring, I couldn't do that either. Very disappointing.

As for the room itself, it was well appointed...had a high tech entertainment center with hookups for your laptop to display on the Large flat screen TV if you wanted (note: TV was not HD broadcast so if you are used to viewing that like i am, you will feel like everything is blurry). Lots and lots of outlets for recharging all your stuff- something that seems to be lacking in so many hotels these days. Good water pressure in the shower; small fridge, in room coffee. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Couldn't be more convenient to the convention center. Room service pricey- $21+ for a cheeseburger including service charges.

I would stay there again, I would just insist on a room in the back of the building where it was quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view room to avoid noise from outdoor sound system
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank your for staying with us and for all of your comments. We really appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you would stay with us again. Let us know when you're planning to stay.
Mountain View, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here for a convention. There was over 3000 people staying at the hotel for this convention. Imagine what a head ache it was try to get down to the lobby for meetings or back up to your room after the meeting when all these people want to use the same 3 of the 6 working elevators. What a mess. We also stayed there last year for a family trip. Please believe me when I say it wasn't any better. They always seem to have 3 of their 6 elevators working. We were told the elevators are being "upgraded". My question was, for over a year? They never really gave me a good answer to that question.

Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful hotel, great people working there. But they really don't cater to their convention quests.

Room Tip: If your a couple be careful. The beds are very small. We had to sleep in separate beds.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for telling us about your experience. We will definitely make sure that your comments are shared with the right team members here. We appreciate your compliments and hope you stay with us again!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel. My room was not ready but I was given a nicer room. I was so relieved as I had been traveling all day and wanted to relax. The bed was very comfortable. Despite the close proximity to Disney there were not a ton of kids running around. There are 2 sit down restaurants and a Starbucks and pizza Hut in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thanks for your great review and feedback! We're happy that we could immediately upgrade your room for some much-needed relaxation. Come back and stay with us again on your next trip to Anaheim!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I like this property, not fancy but in very good shape and good service, nice bright rooms, easy to maneuver if you are attending an event all meeting space is in the same area, there's a Starbucks for a quick fix and also close to the parks, not quite walking distance but the city shuttle stop there every 20 minutes ($5.00 USD p/p ride all day tickets for sale at the front desk or the gift shop).

At the hotel there's a Disney tickets desk and I learned the have a "Twilight" ticket that applies for people attending an event (you jut need to show your badge) and for $62.00 US you can enter the park by 4:00 pm and stay until it closes. I thought this option was brilliant.

I think this hotel is a great option they offer pretty good rates and are definitively a level above all the economy options in the area that can be quite ugly.I will recommend this hotel for functions, meetings and tourists. Did I mention is across the street from the convention center?

Room Tip: All rooms face the Hilton and the convention center, you can see the Disney fireworks from your balc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Great to hear that you enjoyed your event with us! Thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation. We're glad that you discovered the "Twilight" pass, and we hope you were able to take advantage of it. We look forward to your next visit to Anaheim!
Chehalis, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The staff here is friendly and very helpful.
We came here for a conference and the hotel is well set up for this venue.
They have a nice pool and spa. The Spa is a bit dated but ok. As for the room it is small but adequate. The A/c was not working the first night but in the AM I called the desk and they fixed it right away. There is also a nice 40 in. flat screen tv .They have installed a real nice electronics outlet station with plugins galore,s-video and hdmi for game stations. Morning coffee is available in your room and nice lil refrigerator for sodas or leftover dinners.
On another note It is located within waking distance of Disneyland and many prime resturaunts.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thanks for the great review, and thanks for your patience with the AC! We're glad that we could fix it immediately so you could enjoy the rest of your stay with us. We hope you will come back on your next business trip to Anaheim!

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!