“Nice stay, very pleased!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #22 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice stay, very pleased!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our first time ever visiting California and our first trip to Disneyland. I was very pleased with our stay. We were able to check-in early as our flight got in at
10 am. We were greeted in parking lot by staff who instructed us where to park and where to go check in. The check-in process was quick and easy. We had a room on the 9th floor. We had a balcony and view of the pool. The bed was quite comfy and had tons of pillows. The room is kinda small but it was more than enough space for me, hubby and 5 yr old son. We never heard any noise except for the fridge inside the room other than that it felt like we were the only ones on the floor. It was easy to get on and off the elevator despite the many groups staying there. You can either walk to Disney or catch the bus right in front of hotel. Staff told us it was cheaper to get multiple day pass for the bus at the hotel store. For 3 day pass for 2 adults and 1 child - $27 I forgot I had downloaded a coupon for a free pass off the Anaheim tourism site ; ( The pool is nice although its not heated well. The hotel provides pool towels. Loved the infused water they had everyday! Hotel has beautiful foyer. Last day we asked about beach. Staff was very helpful asked us what we were looking for and recommended Huntington Beach. Only a 20 minute drive!
Just overall great experience! Will definitely stay again! The only real complaint would be the cost of parking at $24 a day and no free wifi to send pics of our adventures at Disneyland and the noisy fridge ; )

• Stayed April 2013
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We're delighted that we could welcome you to the Golden State! We're happy that you were able to experience Disneyland AND the beautiful beaches of Southern California, but we're sorry that you didn't know to take advantage of our free WiFi in the Lobby. Thank you for the great review, and we hope you won't wait too long before your next trip back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Marriott hotels are typically predictable, good value and with good amenities. The same was true with this hotel. Unfortunately though, this hotel was just average. Nothing outstanding, nothing exemplary. Usually I come across someone or some experience at a hotel that is great and memorable. Not so here.. all that said onto the details.
Our room was fairly standard pleasant enough, but the colors were a tad dated. An alarming thing we noticed that the lock to the sliding patio door was gone and in its place was a bolt attached to a piece of wire, that I guess you were meant to stick in the hole...we did that, and it did nothing to stop the door from opening. A bit of a bummer. Its little things like this that can leave a bad impression. Although we didnt expect anyone to scale the balcony to get in our room, it didnt feel great.
When we checked in, we asked for a higher floor, the guy said "Sure no problem" and put us on the 6th floor. I cant recall how many floors there were but were at best halfway up.
The beds were comfortable and the hallway noise fairly minimal.
Housekeeping was efficient.
We had snacks and drinks down at the bar in the lobby and enjoyed the ambiance there - good service for sure.
The onsite restaurant was quite large and mostly empty when we went in there. I had an incredibly good Reuben sandwich there.. delicious.
They had decorated the lobby for Christmas with a gorgeous Christmas tree and it was quite lovely.
All I can say about this hotel is - it was ok. Not thrilled with it. With so many good hotels to choose from - see my review of the Embassy Suites South. I wont be back here in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your visit and your thoughts.
Kinver, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel was chosen by our main supplier for a convention at the nearby convention centre. It is literally a two minute walk from door to door. The staff were very helpful and pleasant and did everything they could to make our stay pleasant.
A ten minute walk to Disney with several places to eat on the way.
Nice pool in the centre of the hotel but business did not allow time to experience it.
If travelling in from LAX a shuttle is the most cost effective, with five or more in the party a cab is as economical.
Would recommend this hotel and would gladly stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left hand side of the building overlook the parking lot and can be noisy at times, howe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
...And we would gladly have you back! Thank you for the wonderful review and room tips. We hope you can enjoy some poolside relaxation on your next visit!
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here in April for family vacation. This hotel is only two blocks from Disneyland and California Adventure. There is also the ART bus service that will bring you to the main gate for a small fair. Having been to Disneyworld in Orlando, it was quite a treat to be so close to the park and pay an excellent price. In addition, there were so many restaurants within walking distance.

The rooms were nice and clean, but generally no frills. We spent most of the day out of the room. They had a nice family friendly pool area as well.

The check in was a bid slow, mostly due to the friendly staff giving Concierge type guidance to each of their guests. I didn't mind the wait, as they were very accomodating when we needed a room change.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review, and thank you for your patience during check in! We're delighted to hear that we could make your Disneyland experience a more convenient one. We hope to see you again on your next family vacation to California!
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My sister and I stayed here two nights for our Disneyland trip. It was really nice! The hotel is very clean and the room was comfortable - my sister thought the bed was too hard but she is use to sleeping on a fairy bed of pillows, so I don't know. I thought it was great. When we checked in, I had booked 2 double beds (I do not want to share a bed with my sister, thanks), and it seemed like they didn't have any left, but without pressuring us to take a king the front desk woman just spent a little time typing away and then got us the room we wanted. My only complaint about that room is that it was right next to the elevators, and this is a really busy hotel, so there was a WHOOSHH sound every 15 seconds or so. It was a little tough for sleeping, luckily I had earplugs but my sister did not. Other than that, great shower (really good water pressure), and I liked that the lotion was Bath & Body Works and smelled great. We had a balcony and that was awesome. Starbucks downstairs is very convenient but has crazy lines, be prepared! Anyway, I would totally stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We're happy that you enjoyed smelling fresh at Disneyland with our Bath & Body Works lotion! Thank you for the great review. We can't wait to have you back on your next trip to OC!
Columbus, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is located right next to the Convention Center. We were first welcomed at an outside stand on the palm-lined drive to the hotel. Apparently, a message was sent to other staff of our arrival, because everyone thanked us for being a Platinum Elite member.

We were upgraded to Executive Platinum Room 339 with a balcony overlooking a parking lot. It was a nice large room, typical Marriott décor. The older-style bathroom has a low sink, which is great for kids & petite folks like me who usually find hotel sinks uncomfortably high.

Surprisingly, the bed was not the typical comfortable Marriott mattress that we love. In fact, it was the worst I’ve experienced in a Marriott – very soft, springy, uncomfortable & squeaky. You sink into it. I’m petite and still sank into this mattress. (I had the feeling I was getting folded up in it). I kept waking up every 1-2 hours with horrible back pain and pain in both hips. Every time spouse or I would turn, the bed would shake & make springy noises. Since we were here to work at a tradeshow on our feet all day, we needed to be well-rested; but, unfortunately, we never got a good night’s rest. I hope this Marriott will adopt those wonderful mattresses that all the other Marriott’s use.

The TV remote was finicky. It wouldn’t allow us to just change the channel, with the up or down arrow or by punching in the numbers. Instead, we had to first turn off the TV, go through the menu once again, and input the next channel we wanted to watch. Either it needs new batteries or it just was not working right. I feel it is up to the hotel maintenance to go around to each room occasionally to make sure things are working before guests arrive.

Other than the mattress and the TV remote, this was a nice, albeit older, Marriott in need of renovation. It has a nice lobby and a rather good, casual restaurant for a hotel restaurant (Degrees Wine and Patio Bar) that was suitable for business lunches. This Marriott also has a JW Steakhouse and the Café del Sol restaurant. Morton’s is a short walk at the end of the drive. The Concierge lounge is just OK. We’ve seen better & we’ve seen worse.

Room Tip: Executive Platinum Room is very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for being a Platinum Elite Member, we appreciate your loyalty! We appreciate your feedback about your stay and will share it with the management team. Let us know when something isn't working for you in your room right away next time and we'll be happy to assure your needs are tended to. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The Rooms Were Ok, Check In On The Slow Side. But We Felt Like We Got What We Paid For. We Were In Town Strictly For A Volleyball Tournament. There Just Happened To Be A Cheer Comp. In Town Also, So Needless To Say It Was Really Busy. But That's To Be Expected At The Convention Center. Over All It Was nice To Be Realy Close.

• Stayed June 2012
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We're sorry that you caught us during a busy period, but we're happy to hear that you still had a comfortable and convenient stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!