“The place to be” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth, Texas
“The place to be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here to run the half marathon sponsored by Disney, with my 2 small children to avoid the mark-ups of Disney property hotels. This hotel is the place to be if you want to save money, have a clean room, but go without a "view", and a microwave. The staff is professional and friendly, the rooms are clean, but we were promised a "microwave on arrival" that never came to our room. We paid extra for "high city view of Disney" and our window stared right out at the Hyatt that blocks the "view". There is a walk area that is lit at night and is nice but save the money and stay here if you want to save on Disney. There is a shuttle service, especially for the marathoners that drops you right at the door. The walls are thin, we heard our neighboring room enter/exit on their balcony all night long. The fridge smelled like it needed to be cleaned more regularly, and was slow to "cool", but eventually did the job. Beds were comfortable enough, but felt small, especially when sharing two "doubles" not "queens" with a party of 4. The room service menu was nothing special. As a matter of fact it was the exact same as the menu for Cafe Del Sol in the lobby. Save money and just go pick it up from downstairs. They dont offer waffles apparently for room service either. But on arrival the concierge says, "the best waffles for breakfast". Well, he was right! But you have to go to the restaurant to get them. The buffet has a very nice spread of just about everything you could want for breakfast and averages about $23 pp and kids do NOT eat free. The pool area, well, I never used it, because those who are dining at Cafe Del Sol stare right into the pool area. Not exactly fine dining experience from the inside and I didnt want to be the show on the outside. The concierge was helpful. Parking is outrageously expensive and there is no avoiding it either. $25 to self park, $29 to valet, but dont forget the valet work for tips too. Overall, it was comfortable enough. Better than resort prices. If I run another half marathon here, I would consider staying here again, or at the host hotel on Disney property just for the experience. That's my humble, honest opinion. This Hotel is just average, with exceptional service, so you be your own judge.

Room Tip: 15th floor middle rooms see "some" fireworks, only on weekends. concierge lounge closes o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for staying with us while you participated in the marathon, we're glad you think we're the place to be! We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Korean first
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place has the best staff of any chain hotel I have ever stayed at. All of the staff did a great job. The place was spotless inside and out. Very friendly. I just wish they had a coffee pot in the lobby. I was on central time and was wakeing up two hours early. Starbucks did not open until 6 am and I didn't want to wake my wife by my early hours making coffee in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We're looking forward to having you for your next Disney adventure as well! Thank you for making us a part of it!
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

You think it is Marriot, the quality is high.

The bed is smaller than to average American size bed. The hotel is visibly old, but maintained. This hotel is nothing more than just to sleep at after a day of fun and magic at Disneyland.

Value for money? You definitely paying for the name.

To travel to the hotel, make sure you listen carefully to your navigator. It's location is confusing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us for your Disney trip! We hope you'll come again!
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriott Anaheim for 6 nights in early Jan. 2013. This was a family vacation, and we had two rooms.
The rooms were clean and spacious - perfect for our young child to run around in!
The exterior and lobby are immaculate. Very well kept and welcoming. The hotel cleaning staff were super friendly and hard working. The cleaning woman on our floor was amazing, and brightened our day by her friendly greetings and smiles for our daughter. Room was always spotless!
We used the Starbucks every day for breakfast before heading to DL. So convenient! Also loved the lobby water dispensers. Nice touch.
On previous trips we had always walked to Disney, but now that we have kids, we opted to buy a multi day ART pass (available in the hotel gift shop). Buses stop regularly in front of the hotel and get you to and from the park quickly.
Overall, we had a fantastic stay at the Marriott Anaheim. Sad it had to end! Already looking forward to our next Disneyland adventure and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks for telling us about your fantastic stay! We can't wait for you to come back for your next Disneyland adventure!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Anaheim for 4 night at the start of December. We booked the room through Qantas travel (online) at a special rate with a free night and didn’t realise that the rate included parking which saved us nearly $100.

We arrived early and were able to get in to our room. The room was clean and comfortable – just what we needed after a 14 hour flight! Unfortunately the room backed on to the elevator and we could hear it going up and down, but it didn’t keep us from sleeping. The feather pillows were small and uncomfortable. It would be great to have a pillow menu available...!

The hotel was very busy with conferences and it make finding parking a little harder, or we had to walk further away but again no major drama. Also a couple of our showers were barely lukewarm.

Overall it is a great hotel with the Starbucks and other cafes on site. We would definitely stay again. We were going to get the shuttle to Disneyland but didn’t want to pay the $20 (I think) for all of us, so we walked across the road to the Disney carpark and caught the tram from there to Disneyland. We walked back later that night.

Overall we would recommend this hotel, especially if you don’t want to be in the middle of Disney busyness.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and on a high floor for a view of the Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for spending your trip with us! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to walk easily to Disney! We hope to see you again!
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in Anaheim, and my experience with the Marriott Anaheim was one of the worst. I booked two nights through Priceline, then later added a third. At check-in, I was told that I had two separate reservations and that I would have to come back to the front desk on the third day so that I could check out and check back in. Slightly annoying, but I guess that was my own fault for only booking two nights initially. The building is huge and feels like a mall. There were loud drunk people all over the lobby and I woke up several times during the Friday and Saturday nights I was there because I could hear people yelling outside while waiting for cabs/valet. The room itself was below average. I definitely got the "Priceline room". There were stains in the carpet and all of the furniture looked like it was falling apart, with the knobs barely hanging on the dresser, etc. The bathroom was spacious and nice - probably the best part of the room. Internet access was $12 or $13 a day. Parking was $24/day for SELF PARKING. Room service was average. One of the weirdest things was that my maid rearranged my stuff. Both days I came back to everything in different places. Who does that?? And on my last day, the maid came into my room TWICE. First, she walked in at 8 AM when I was still sleeping. The second time I was just getting out of the shower and I had to push the door shut on her. If the door had a "do not disturb" sign on it, I would have put it on, but it didn't. At check-out, I heard another guest complaining that he never received maid service and secretly wished that had happened to me. I have stayed at much nicer 3 star hotels. Overall, this was one of my least favorite hotel experiences, especially for a Marriott. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Marriott Suites down the street in Garden Grove... or anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
danomatic, Director of Sales at Marriott Anaheim, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We'd love it if you'd book directly with us next time so we could assure that you have everything you need. We appreciate that you stayed with us and hope to see you again.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

we stayed here for 4 nights in january and it was an absolute treat after being in freezing parts of the USA for the previous 4 weeks. we walked to DL, the outlets at orange were a short cab drive away. staff were very friendly and went out of their way to assist on all occasions! very convenient. we were there for business and leisure and all bases were covered, i would definitely recommend for families and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We're so glad you could come enjoy our fantastic weather! Thanks for staying with us and we hope you'll come again!

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!