“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mystic, Connecticut
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently stayed at the Anaheim Marriott for a writer's conference and the service was great. From the first moment I arrived at 1130 pm to when I left 5 days later, I was greeted by the staff with a smile and a professional attitude. Our room was large, clean and I wanted to pack the bed up and take it home with me. The staff was great with our conference attending to every need and request. And, for once the conference chicken was not "rubber chicken". I only ate in the hotel restaurant once - eggs Benedict - and loved it. This hotel is also an easy walk to many restaurants in the area as well as shopping. Near enough to Disney for those that wanted to go to the park where they could have walked or jumped on the shuttle bus. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others staying in the area.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 5th floor, overlooking the pool. We could hear the people in the outside bar, but I...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Korean first
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott in Anaheim for a conference and it was a FABULOUS experience.

My room (1810) in the main tower was on the concierge level and the food was unbelievably good. For example--breakfast was usually scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes or pancakes, oatmeal (real not out of a packet), tons of fresh fruit, pastries, juices etc. Dinner was equally as good.

But one of the best things about my room was the lovely balcony with two chairs and a table. Sitting on the balcony I had a PERFECT view of the Disneyland fireworks. You're high enough up so your view isn't impeded by the Hilton (which is across the street). You definitely don't want to be in an odd numbered room (where you would be facing the wrong direction) or a low room (where the Hilton would block your view) I'd suggest the 18th floor or 19th floor with a number of 1808 (or 1908) and higher (1808, 1810, 1812 etc) would be what I would shoot for. If I return to this wonderful hotel within walking distance (approximately a mile) of Disney, I'll definitely ask for my old room (1810) again!

Room Tip: See my review above.
New Providence, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott in Anaheim for a writers' conference and I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. In terms of a conference hotel, they did not miss a beat. Check in was a breeze, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and there were so many convenient things about the hotel (easily navigated, a Starbucks, a well-stocked gift shop, easy-to-find ATM machines). The staff is friendly, too. A few minutes after I had checked in, I was wandering the lobby with a puzzled look on my face and a staff member approached me and asked if she could help me find anything. The best thing about it was probably the beds. SO comfortable that I took home the brochure detailing how to purchase then. Overall, I'd come here again in a heartbeat if I were coming to Anaheim on business. I don't think I'd stay here for a family vacation or a romantic getaway. It is a conference hotel, and strictly that. But I was very pleased with this hotel.

Versailles, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you are familiar with Marriott's, then you already know the bed is comfortable. This hotel is no exception. The corner room was a bit funky with smaller, rather than larger square footage. Nice little balcony with chairs to enjoy the cool evenings (yes in summer). Right by the convention center and just a few blocks walk to Disney.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed here for 5 days during the last week of June 2012.
Our trip was fabulous and the staff here were amazing. My daughter didn't have her room key one day and I was visiting friends at another hotel. She was worried about not being able to get into our room. The security was wonderful walking her to our room and makig sure she was ok.

The shuttle to Disneyland was great using the ART. We loved having Starbucks in the hotel. The pool was nice and the hotel is very clean. I will for sure stay here again since we do a Disney trip once a year! Good job Marriott!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I was staying at this property while attending a convention. Most convention hotels are similar including accommodations, quality and price of food, and service. I had an issue when I checked in as my rooms (2) were not ready and was assured that they would be shortly. The front desk was extremely busy as it must have been "moving day" with one convention leaving and at least one coming in. After 45 minutes of waiting I politely but infatically asked the status of my rooms and one manager type individual personally took the time to find me 2 rooms, upgraded us to the executive rooms on the concierge floor, and gave each room a modest cash credit to spend. They also comped our internet service for the week. In fact, every single employee from our room service to the bartenders to the bell staff have been exemplary.

As I mentioned, convention hotels are similar but the staff at this property made the difference for me. Well Done!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Alpine, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have stayed at this Marriott multiple times over the last few years for a convention. It's great if you are attending a convention as it is across the street from the convention center giving you just a short walk out the door to the center. It is also very close to Disney and 10 or 15 minutes walking or I believe they offer a shuttle to Disney. The hotel is very nice and the rooms have always been clean. The pool area is great and in the evenings was usually quiet and a great time to kill some time in the hot tub. Great hotel staff is always accommodating.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#1 of 115 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 stars 1,453 reviews

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!