“Great service, good location, but watch out for the add ons” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #20 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lafayette
“Great service, good location, but watch out for the add ons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

The staff here were to a person, excellent. Everyone was friendly, helpful and efficient. That alone gets the manager kudos, believe me.

While this particular location is clearly designed for the Convention Center crowd half a block away, my family of four visiting Disneyland were equally welcome.

PROS
Superior Staff, service, amenities

3 blocks from Disneyland - definitely walkable but the $4 unlimited pass for the ART shuttle, which stops in front of the building is a full size bus that whisks you to the front gates of Disney with only a few stops.

Large Starbucks in the lobby. Also a Hertz desk somewhere in the building. If you want breakfast inexpensively, there is a IHop one block away.

The rates were competitive, at least during Spring break. $119-$139 and I have paid alot more for Marriotts in other areas

Huge common areas in the lobby.

CONS
Internet was via iBAHN - $15 a day, which is ridiculous given how inexpensive bandwidth is, in 2012

Parking was a day $35 - San Francisco downtown prices

Rooms and bathrooms were standard size, probably because it was originally conceived as a business hotel. But acceptable size, just a wee bit tight.

Friday night there was a large food convention and the big party was in the Marriott. Loud music until late at night. I thought on the 14th floor it would not be a problem but heard music and laughter/talking from the pool area at least for one hour after we went to bed. As I am sure parties brings huge revenue to the hotel and it was Friday night, it couldn't be helped but if there on a weekend, you want a room that faces the front of the building, as high up as possible and not the back of the building overlooking the pool

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Typical well used Marriott. Our room is a bit musty , check in staff was very heful and efficient.

Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Anaheim Hotel for two nights while visiting , you guessed it, Disneyland. Marriott is a Good Neighbor partner for Disney. Well, their staff must have had the same training as Disney staff. The could not have been more friendly, helpful and caring. It was like an extension of Disneyland! The rooms and baths were very clean and comfortable. The food was superior. The morning to night shuttle (last is 12:30am) was very convenient, right outside the hotel front. You can also purchase 1 day shuttle passes at the hotel. The room prices are extremely competitive and AAA discounts are available. I always thought part of the magic was to stay at an on site Disney hotel. Not anymore! The Marriott is super. It's the happiest hotel on earth! Thanks Marriott. We'll be back!

Room Tip: I am pretty sure all rooms are very good. We stayed in 812 and 814. Perfect!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I wasn't planning on spending the night in the LA area but when faced with it narrowed down the best deal to the Marriott Anaheim for myself and my 8 year old.

As a Marriott Rewards member I must say this is one of the better properties I have stayed at. The facility was well maintained and clean. The room was spacious, up to date and very comfortable. I ordered room service which arrived promptly the next morning.

All the staff were friendly throughout the hotel with a smile and greeting being offered everywhere I went in the facility.

I was quite surprised because I would rte the stay and service on par with a top rated five star hotel that I stayed at recently.

The Marriott Anaheim will definitely be my first choice if I ever find myself needing a place to stay in the area again.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is a nice property, and the service is excellent. On my recent stay, though, the in-room wireless service (provided by iBahn -- shame on them) was so pathetically slow that I gave up after trying to send an email with an attachment for 30 minutes. I had to go to the Kinkos to send it. Therefore I can't recommend this hotel for business travelers -- or even vacationers who need to stay in touch with the office.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The Marriott Anaheim at the Convention Center is a great hotel to stay at while visiting Disneyland. It's only a few minutes away from the Park via ART (Anaheim Resort Transit), which only costs $4 per day for unlimited rides. You can buy ART tickets at the front desk. Even though it's only a few blocks away from the Park, they're long blocks and are feet were hurting from running through the Park all day- we recommend the bus instead of walking.
We enjoyed a wonderful lunch and cocktails at the bar when we checked in- which we did a few hours early and they let us in our room anyway. And there is a full service Starbucks in the lower level which my husband and I both visited every morning to get our breakfast.
The hotel was quiet and clean and a nice contrast to being in the hectic Park all day long. We wanted a place to have a break from all the action, especially since we don't have kids, and this hotel was a great match for us. Disney was closed one morning due to a suspicious package left at the gate and we were able to relax poolside and have drinks in the sun instead! I only wish they had servers outside when we were by the pool to take our orders- but it was just a few steps to go to the bar.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I just completed my stay here a few hours ago, so everything is still fresh in my mind. Came to this location for a 2 night stay for business.

It was a late Saturday night checkin so there was no line. The person at the desk was extremely pleasant and efficient, and gave me the room indicatd on my Marriott profile.

After dropping my thing off in the room I went down to the lobby bar for a night cap around 10pm, and a full menu was still offered for food. I had the BBQ chips with chipotle sauce, and boneless BBQ wings, but went well with my 6 dollar bottled beer, And the service was spot on.

In the room : lots of electrical outlets, very comfy king sized bed and pillows, a mini fridge. The only things I would list on the to do list would be to install electronic safes versus the old key ones in the closet, and install new air filters since there was always a layer of dust on the dresser and tv after coming back to the room, and the air conditioning in the room was very noisy as well (room 939).

The property has a nice pool area, outside fire pits and heaters, a large Starbucks , and 2 restaurants, and is adjacent to the convention center and walking distance to several restaurants and the nearby mouse themed theme park.

• Stayed February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#1 of 115 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 stars 1,451 reviews

Been to Marriott Anaheim? Share your experiences!