“Clean room, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Alpine Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   715 W. Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
St. John's
“Clean room, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Good staff, clean, large rooms, close to the convention centre and lots of nearby shopping and dining. The AC was a little loud but over all it was a great stay. There is an outdoor pool which got good use but I did use it myself.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Location, location and location; you are absolute correct on our great locations. We are directly across from the Anaheim Convention Center and right behind the California Adventure Park. Because we are a small property thus allow us to give a more personal service. We wish to your home away from home. Thank you for staying and I look forward to serving you soon.

Judy Pao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was our third stay and we have no complaints. This time around we stayed on the first floor and we were able to park right in front of our room. The room is updated and very modern and it it's very clean. We will definitely come back!

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us again for your last visit to Disneyland. This year we have installed new carpeting in all the rooms, replaced all TVs to LCD flat screens and added some colors to the rooms with the new paintng on the wall. I look forward to your next visit with us in the near future. Have a great holiday!

Judy Pao
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable. It is close to the Disneyland entrance, about a 10-15 minute walk. Several eating options on the walk to Disney.

The cons were not deal breakers but did irritate me from the customer service stand point. Check in is 2:00 or 3:00pm which is industry norm; however, usually if the hotel has a room available they will let you check in early at no charge. Alpine charged me $35 to check in early. I've never experienced being charged if they room is available. I could understand if I had asked them to clean a room quickly so I could check in but that wasn't the case. The hotel also charges for ice - again I've never seen a hotel do this either.

The other con could be a pro depending on your outlook. Since the hotel is adjacent to the backside of CarsLand, you can hear the performers practicing at night after the park closes in a courtyard to the side. The pro is you can see the entire performance from your window. The con is if you are trying to sleep, you can forget it. The constant drumming noise will keep you awake unless you bring ear plugs.

Nice hotel, might stay there again if the price is low. Otherwise I'll just pay the $10 more and stay a bit closer to Disney.

Dear guest,

I did a little digging and found your reservation. According to our system, you checked in at 9:21 in the morning. That is the $35.00 early check-in charge. Our normal check in is at 2PM and always try our best to accommodate all guests. Please call me at 714-535-2186 directly when you book with us next time. I will personally take care of you. Thank you for your valuable comment and I look forward to your next visit with us.

Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have stayed at many nice hotels in my past travels and this one was decent. It's a no frills motel that is clean, convenient, and comfortable. The value can't be beat with free wifi, free parking, and free continental breakfast. It backs right up to California Adventure and is within very comfortable walking distance to Disney. The rooms had newer contemporary style furniture with flat screen tv's. I thought the size if the room was pretty standard. There was also a small microwave and fridge which was nice to have. Overall the rooms were very clean and housekeeping came everyday and refreshed our room. The motel itself was not bad in terms of noise level. You will hear the evening festivities of Disneyland but that's what happens when you are so close! Parking was not a problem but we also stayed during the week when there were less people. The pool area looked clean and well-kept. Overall the grounds were very clean. Staff was friendly and check in check out process was very quick. We booked on Expedia and had no issues. I felt safe at this motel with my family. I would come back and have already recommended this place to others.

Dear guest,

You are right on that we are a no frill motel. However, we try to provide the best amenities, service and price for our guests. With all the money our guests spend at Disneyland, we try our best to offer reasonable rate to stay with us while enjoying all the fun at Disney Resort. Thank you for staying and your kind words to your friends and family. We hope to see you soon.

Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Alpine Inn for 4 nights on our trip to Disneyland and California adventure. The walk was a little more than I thought and may have been a little too much for our 4 year old but I enjoyed it. The room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job keeping up with it. The beds were so cozy! We didn't use the pool because I forgot our swimsuits and we probably wouldn't have had time anyway but we went to dip our feet in and it was nice and warm. Breakfast selection was minimal but definitely convenient to have a little snack before heading to the parks. We added another night and they were very accomodating. I'd definitely recommend Alpine Inn to friends/family and if we ever go back to disneyland I would most definitely stay there again!

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback of the stay. We understand that after a long day at Disneyland, you need to have a good rest on a comfortable bed. We were very careful in selecting the mattresses for our guests. Our pool is set at comfortable 85F for our guests to take a dip year around. Please do remember to bring your bathingsuit to enjoy on your next visit with us. See you soon.

with warmest regards,
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at the Alpine Inn last week. It was affordable, clean and a close walk to Disneyland. All the staff were very friendly. The continental breakfast was nice, easy to grab and eat on the walk to the parks. Would recommend the Alpine Inn to anyone looking for a great price and great location. We will stay again on our next trip.

Dear guest,

It is so wonderful to learned that you had a great stay and will come back to visit us on your next trip to Disneyland. We strive to make your vacation memorable and glad that we have achieved our goal. Thank you and see your soon.

Gardnerville, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have stayed here for the past 15 years for our trips to Disneyland and have seen it change considerably. The rooms are clean and quiet. There is a pool that I have not ever taken advantage of but they do keep it clean. The breakfast items they have in the lobby each day are of a wide variety and there is something for everyone. During our recent stay, the internet connection in the room wasn't working properly but it was in the process of being fixed. There was a computer available in the lobby. I would recommend this for anyone looking to stay close to Disneyland. Additionally, they don't charge for parking, which is another plus.

SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Wow, you have been our guest for 15 years. It is such a privilege to earn your loyalty. Now we need to work even harder to keep you coming back. Please stop in the next time you visit us. I would like to personally thank you.

With warmest regard,
Judy Pao for Alpine Inn

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!