“Did not even stay here and I am unhappy with it!” 2 of 5 stars

Alpine Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   715 W. Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Henderson, Nevada
“Did not even stay here and I am unhappy with it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We booked Alpine Inn through their website. I then had to cancel the reservation so I called them on the phone and asked to cancel. I gave my name and then the clerk asked a question. As I was answering, he abruptly cut me off and stated that "that needs to be cancelled online". Before I could ask him why, since he had my reservation pulled up, he said "goodbye" and hung up?! I would have gladly cancelled online and would have rebooked with them if the clerk wasn't so rude.
It could be a lovely place for all I know, the price was right and the reviews were all good. But that first impression can not be undone. I quickly took our business elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear guest,

I remembered that you made a same day cancellation and yet our policy is 48 hours prior to arrival. In the phone call, you claimed that you intended to book reservation in a different city other than Anaheim. My staff cancelled your reservation without a penalty. We have tried our best to accommodate you. Our goal is to provide the best service to our guest and in this case I felt that we had done that for you. I sincerely hope you can understand our position. Thank you for the review.

Judy Pao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

On the road from Phoenix to Anaheim, I received a call from the Alpine Inn telling me my room was cancelled due to a plumbing issue. The guy offered one hotel two miles away that was about $50/night as an option because he said all the other hotels were booked (weekend convention going on). I asked how nice it could be for $50/night, he hesitated, and said it wasn't a dump. I told him no thanks. This was disappointing as we wanted a hotel within walking distance to Disneyland. I called a few hotels that were indeed booked, but then found the Castle Inn had a room available. It was right near the Alpine Inn. This shows how little effort the Alpine Inn put in to finding me another nearby hotel.

Stayed March 2013
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear guest,

I truly apologize for all the inconveniences that we have caused. This is not our normal practice. However, there is no excuse for our decision. Please accept my apology again.

Best regars,
Sloan, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this property both for buisness and family time at Disneyland. The staff are all very good. The rooms are very clean. The parking is free, and it is about a 10 min walk to Disney.
The beds are comfy and so are the pillows, this is one of the few places I know i can leave my pillow at home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We strive to provide affordable price, best service and amenities. We look forward to your next visit.

Mesilla
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We really enjoyed the Alpine Inn on our recent trip to Disneyland. It was very clean, quiet, the beds where comfortable and it was about a 15-20 minute walk to Disneyland. The small microwave and refrigerator were a plus. I also have to comment on the great job by the housekeeping staff. We would return to our room tired every evening after a full day at Disney and the room would be sparkling clean, bed made, extra coffee left. It was really nice.
The reason for the 3 star rating is becasue after we checked out we were charged incorrectly for an additional night stay. The manager was able to correct the charge but I had to jump through a few hoops to make it happen which was an inconvenience. Also the day we checked out there was over $800. in holds on my credit card for a $250 stay. Luckily we have a large credit line on our card but that might cause a problem for a family that doesn't.
All in all I would recommend the hotel just double check to ensure all your charges are correct.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear guest,

I am glad that you had a good stay but apologize for the incorrect charge. We strive for accuracy of all payments and have implemented new procedure to ensure this will not happen. Thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you as our guest again.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Overall a really nice place, nice people good parking and cute, i would stay here again no problem
A great location near to almost everything and east to find would be nice if it had wireless in the rooms fridge and microwave a great plus.if we were going to Disney I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. You are right on with our location. Adults and children get really excited when they first arrive to see the back of the new "Carland". I am happy that you had a great stay and look forward to serving you next time you visit Disneyland.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We take an annual trip to Disneyland, and I can recommend the Alpine Inn in very good faith, having stayed here for several times now with my family. It is the best deal for a hotel in Anaheim, period, and is actually within walking distance of the Disneyland entrance, even with tired legs. Also, because it's so close, you can wake up and just get to the gates before the crowds come, in case you ever felt like being the first person onto the Pirates of the Caribbean ride! At night, you can watch the fireworks from your room. There is a corner store adjacent to it that is convenient as well.

The rooms are clean and large, and there is pizza delivery service which is good. The bathrooms are fine. It's a good motel which is cute and feels just slightly retro. It's also surprisingly quiet. The continental breakfast is skimpy and is just some prepackaged stuff in the lobby. The pool, however, is very refreshing. This is not upscale, but for this price, you can go to Disneyland very comfortably and not break the bank but also not feel too cheap. This place is a little diamond in the rough. I hope it stays that way for a long time because there's nothing comparable in location or price at Disneyland.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comment. We are one the few original properties in the Disneyland Resort still standing. Our personal service, affordable price and the many amenities such as microwave, mini refrigerator and premium cables are bring guests back again and again. Thank you for you patronage and we look forward to see you at your next trip to Anaheim.

Bremen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you're planning to visit disneyland, this is just a perfect place to start. It's only 10mins walking from the main gate. It has a funny exterior (snow in the summer) and an old interior. The staff is very friendly and is taking care. Checkin was no problem. The price is just perfect, its better to spend your money in the park!The motel is just behind the attractions of disneyland so you can get a sneak peak. There are a lot of possibilities for food and some drinks. a great mall is just minutes away. We had a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom. Overall, this is a perfect weekend place for disneyland.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so very much for leaving the review. You are right on the location, the service, the price and the amenities of the room. We would like to welcome you back to visit us again on your next trip to Disneyland. Thank you.

Judy Pao

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!