“Great hotel - Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Alpine Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   715 W. Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Berks
“Great hotel - Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

We stayed for two nights at the Alpine Inn whilst visiting the Disney Parks. This hotel is very reasonably priced and is very good value for money. The room was a nice surprise when we opened the door as the courtyard/pool/parking looked a little dowdy. We had two double beds, tv, fridge, vanity area and bathroom.

The location of the hotel is the best. If you turn right out of the hotel you are almost at the gates to enter the parks. If you turn left you head up the street to Harbour Drive which includes many places to eat and another entrance to Disney.

Don't expect too much for breakfast. On the one day we went along there was one packet danish left and some nasty orange juice - save yourself for breakfast in a nearby restaurant/Disney.

If you are looking for a great base at a reasonable price with a 10 minute walk to the parks this place is for you.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
chicago, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I read the reviews on trip advisor and went ahead and booked the Alpine Inn. The room was perfectly adequate, extremely clean and convenient to the convention center. The front desk staff were all very friendly and willing to help out with the things we asked. I highly recommend staying here, the price could not be beat!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

I had a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. This motel was walking distance from both the Convention Center and Disneyland as well as some restaurants close by. 7-11 is at the corner which was very convenient as well. After a little exploration, I knew where everything was and felt very comfortable. I made a great choice!!! When I first walked in the room, I was a bit disappointed but I have high standards and I usually stay at the more luxury hotels. I choose Alpine Inn because of the location, the convenience, and mostly because of the reviews on TripAdvisor.com. All in all, my stay was 4 days long and I LOVED IT! I could partially see the Disney fireworks from my door. The room was big and spacious. The beds were big enough for me to share with someone but luckily I never had to. I also chose Alpine Inn because most of the time I was going to be alone. I had friends who came to visit but I did have to stay by myself at night. I felt safe and safe enough to walk to 7-11 which was about 50 feet to the corner from the motel. Okay, enough said. Even with my high standards, I would recommend staying at the motel and would definitely stay there again especially with getting such a great value. The Hilton was charge more than double and i was hardly in my room to enjoy it. I'll get off my soap box now...

Stayed June 2007
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Nothing can describe the incredible value for the hotel room $99 to the proximity to Disneyland.
Room is very clean. For $10 more you can add a roll-out bed.
The best bang for the bucks. Will definitely come back and stay here.

• Liked — Very walking distance to Disneyland
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

My family stayed at the Alpine Inn for 2 nights over Spring Break & enjoyed the stay. It is one on the historic Hotels in the Disneyland area, it was built during the orignal construction of the park, it is
located right agenst Callifornia Adventure park & you can see & hear the excitement from the rooms, as well as a good view of the fireworks. Back in the old days it was right by the main entrance however due to the opening of Disney California one now needs to take
a tram to get tho the park or walk about 30min. If you are looking ofr a good value & Old School Disney nestalgia the Alpine Inn is a great place to stay.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — No elevader & cheap contential breakfast
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

We booked the Alpine Inn for a 7 night stay over our Spring Break. We booked this hotel for 3 reasons: 1) the good reviews on tripadvisor 2) the proximity to Disney 3) affordability.
Many hotels were already booked solid for the Spring Break, or wanted a fortune for a room. We booked the Alpine for 79.99/night during the week and 99.99 for the weekend. Our room was located on the second floor with two beds. The room was clean, and the beds seemed fairly new. The room had a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom had plenty of hot water with good water pressure.
My daughter used the pool frequently during our stay, and the pool was kept clean.
The continental breakfast was sparse...orange juice, coffee and hot chocolate with an assortment of packaged pastries (cinnamon buns, cheese horns, berry horns and bear claws).
The hotel was very conveniently located to Disneyland. We had 2 options for visiting the park. We could walk around the corner to the maingate, which was never longer than 10 minutes (that includes waiting for a traffic light). We could also walk to the Timon parking lot at the Katella St. Entrance and catch the Timon Tram to the Maingate. One day we split up our party to see which way was the fastest. Walking was the quicker way! (this was when we were the only ones loading on the tram, and it let us off closer to the parking lot entrance than usual)
There were a couple of negatives...the motel was very busy, and therefore quite noisy (although I am sure that this was the case at many hotels) A few nights we were awoken by some noisy guests...the noise comes right through the walls and under the door. The pillows were hard...so if you need a good pillow, bring your own.
Overall, for the money we spent, and the little time we spent in the room, the Alpine Inn was a good choice.

Stayed March 2007
West Richland, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

Here's the "straightup". This hotel is an cute old motel alone in a sea corporate big boy motels. The doors leak daylight as they have no seals and the sounds of traffic, your noisy neighbors, and their TV's next door pegged to maximum volume. If you wish to sleep in, forget it, and the pillows are hard as a rock.
Meanwhile, the staff is pleasant, helpful, and friendly. The rooms are dated, but updated, and are very clean. A fridge and microwave are included and help save a few more bucks. The location is great and is within walking distance of the maingate. Free coffee and packaged pastries are provided each morning. Most of all, the prices are phenominal, in the $55-65 range, quite inexpensive compared to the Disneyland Hotel @ $250-300+.
We had a great time, despite the short comings, and would stay there again. In fact this was our second time.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple