“Excellent for People on a Budget!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Victoria
“Excellent for People on a Budget!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. Since we were on a budget and planned on staying in the park from open to close each day, we knew we needed something close to the park without the price of being IN the park. At the time I booked it, the Faifield Inn had a "so-so" rating on Trip Advisor. I was a little nervous, but the other hotels in the area either had the same rating or lower. And this was the first trip I had ever planned, so I really had no idea if I was picking a good hotel name or not.

We really enjoyed the view (we got a room that looked right out onto the park.)
We thought the room was definatley adequite for the money we spent and the fact that we only slept and showered there.
We loved that it was only a few steps to the Disneyland entrance, and on the way you had a choice of McDonalds, or IHOP, or smaller restaurants to grab a quick breakfast (or late night snack) at. Location REALLY makes a difference when you walk around a park for 10hrs a day!
We were slightly disapointed that the pool wasnt open past the park close time, so we never had a chance to enjoy it.
The front counter staff were very knowledgable and helpful when we had to ask directions on how to get to the train station the day we went to Universal City.
There was no safe in our room, but we had locks on our luggage, and they were never tampered with.
All in all, this was an excellent hotel for people on a budget, and who dont care about having "fancy" hotel rooms.
Honestly, if the only time you're gonna spend there is sleeping, what more could you ask for? Clean room, comfortable bed, and air conditioning.
We especially liked that the money we saved by booking a "budget" room was extra money to be spent in the park!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed here 7/7, just one night. We were able to park in the hotel lot at 9am and walk to Disney, even though we didn't check in until later that afternoon. The walk was pleasant, didn't have to deal with the trams and the parking fee. The room was very clean, not modern and the tv was smaller than usual but that was not our #1 amenity. The bed was so comfortable, new sheets, it was a very restful night after a day of walking. The next time we visit Disney, this is where we'll stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

My husband and I and our 3 kids ages 3, 5, and 7 stayed here from June 30-July5 and we thought it was great. Very convenient to park, Pizza Hut was nice and convenient, McDonalds is in their parking lot. Our room was always clean, staff was attentive and we stayed on the 8th floor and enjoyed the view from the balcony. The beds were comfy too, we would stay again and recommend to others!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for two nights, our car parked at the back, right under the balcony/ hallway. The morning we were leaving, we found our car with a broken windshield and heavily scratched roof - someone must have thrown a beer bottle from the balcony corridor. The guards together with the manager, Miguel, came out, took pictures, and assured us they will file the paperwork with Marriott claims who will take care of everything, no need to call the police, etc. Except that Marriott is not financially responsible for anything, their parking is considered "public" and the only recourse is to go through your insurance. i got a feeling the manager knew we won't get a penny from the Marriott claims office, but was intentionally misleading just to get us off the property ASAP and make sure we won't call the police to file a report.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I was very scared about staying here (we were also staying at the Ritz Dana Point and the Four Seasons Aviara). I'm a little picky about beds because I have a broken tailbone and I wasn't too sure whether the term "close to the park" really meant close to the park. It does!

The beds were extremely comfortable. They recently switched all the double/double to queen/queen; meaning those are new. Tolietries and towels are not the best, but for $99 a night - I was happy (and had my own). The proximity to Disney is great and enabled us to head over several times for just a few hours rather than commiting to an entire day. Nice, clean, spacious room. Set up similar to the old Holiday Inn style but not run down.

My in-laws met us in Anaheim and we did discover there are two restaurants right next to one another - Millies (like a Dennys) and Mimis (MUCH better food). Took us forever to realize we were waiting in two different restaurants. Ate at the Anaheim White House which was spectacular, although dressier than we had planned. The McDonalds is close but very poorly run.

Great to do laundry at the Fairfield; never a wait. Pool/hot tub were enjoyed by the kids.

I would definitely stay here again and can't imagine paying the extra to stay at a Disney hotel!

Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

We used marriott points for the stay. The location was very good. Short walk to the park. The hotel was not clean at all. Mold in the bathroom, floor was filthy. The cleaning crew is understaffed. Our room did not get cleaned until 5pm typically. Internet service was very weak. Parking was a nightmare because they let people attending Disneyland park in their lot.

While the location was good, I would not stay there again. I would rather pay for a nicer place and use my marriott points elsewhere...

Louisville, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Yes I would stay again. The location is great. I am very grateful I called to see if the price had changed from the time I made the reservation. I would not have been as willing to stay again at the original $149 a night. For $95 a night I was willing to accept concessions. Here are the concessions:
1. The towels are pitiful. It has been years and years since I have been at a hotel with thin small towels. They are the typical hotel towels from the 80's- won't wrap around your body and some were so thin they were see through. Once they were used there wasn't a dry spot left on the towel.
2. No lotion bottles. Yes this is a minor thing but when staying for a week I didn't pack lotion to keep the liquids and weight out of the luggage. I expected to use the small bottles provided. Imagine my disappointment when there weren't any.
3. Sleeper sofa is not a sofa. The sleeper sofa is a chair. When the bed is unfolded it is the equivalent of a narrow cot. Our camping cots are wider than this bed. Don't expect to use it for an adult. Luckily for us the 9 year old slept on it without complaint all week.
4. One computer in the open lobby for the entire hotel. This hotel is very large and has one computer for all guests to use. It is in the main lobby for all to see. There is not a chair because they don't want you to be comfortable so you won't stay. That is hard to do anyway because there is always a line. A hotel that has two buildings one 8 stories and one 9 stories needs to have more than one computer.

Those weren't listed in any specific order. #1 & #4 were the most disappointing for me. The staff was very friendly the few times I had contact with them.

I read a lot of reviews before booking a hotel and many people talked about how great Millies tasted. We ate one meal there and were not impressed. If you like Shoney's or Denny's it will be just fine.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!