“Nice balance of cost and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Nice balance of cost and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Recently returned from a five day/four night trip to Disneyland Resort (DLR) and decided, after reading the reviews here on trip advisor, to make this our hotel.

The short version - The staff was incredibly professional, the hotel very clean, the location absolutely wonderful, and the cost a relative bargain given the area (especially given the need for a room for a party of five). The ONLY complaint was that it is (not surprisingly) a busy hotel and a bit noisy as such. Bottom line - We will stay here again if/when we return to DLR.

The longer version - We arrived at 9:00 AM on a Monday morning and "checked in" with the front desk so that we could leave our car there while we went over to DLR for the day. The staff was VERY friendly both in getting the car parked (we self parked with no problems) and taking care of initial paperwork. I made it clear I had no expectations to get my room and formally check in, but was just there to start the day. They took very good care of us and the whole process (despite it also being check out time for those leaving that day) was efficient and welcoming. We were off to a good start.

Next, we walked over to the parks. While there are one or two hotels that are closer to the parks than this one, I won't complain about the convenience/location of this one. From the time we locked our motel room door to the time we cleared ticketing was under 15 minutes walking at a "family" pace. I have stayed "on property" in WDW and spent nearly that amount of time just getting to the bus stop on my hotel's property and still had 20-30 minutes of waiting, bus rides, and ticketing in front of me. That short timeframe was a real plus.

About mid-afternoon I received a phone call indicating my room was ready but that I need not return to do anything about it - it would be there for me when we finally returned. In other words, they made a real effort to have my room ready since they knew we were nearby. When we finally returned at 8:00 PM we found that the room was reasonably sized, very clean, and very comfortable. I was a bit hesitant about our location - just around the corner from the guest laundry and the elevators on one of the lower floors because I had read some complaints about noise in that location, but we decided not to make waves at 8:00 at night. I still don't know if that was a good decision or a bad one. More on that in a bit.

The staff at the Fairfield needs to be given big kudos for their professionalism. We were always met with big smiles and hellos from EVERY member of the staff we met from the front desk staff to the housekeepers to the young men watching the parking lots. ALWAYS. The only place even close to that level of friendliness is Disney properties themselves and I'm not sure that this beat that (at a fraction of the price). Also, on two days I called housekeeping and indicated I only wanted fresh towels and replacement coffee but not full housekeeping. Both times they were there in a matter of five minutes to take my old towels and replaced them. I ask for this in nearly every hotel I stay in and it's nearly 40 or 50% of the time that my request is ignored or missed. I appreciated their attention to this detail.

At this point I probably should indicate why I only give it four stars and not five stars. My ONLY issue with this hotel is the noise level. We did hear people every night that we stayed there. This ranged from the teenage girls in the adjoining room who returned about 11:00 PM the first night and stayed up talking for a couple of hours to a fairly constant sound of feet and voices moving up and down the hall/balcony outside our door. None of these were loud and obnoxious or anything that the management could/should have done something about. BUT, if anyone in your family is a light sleeper you will likely hear a bit of extra noise in this hotel. It is a busy property. I can honestly say that it never kept me awake, but it did disturb my sleep a bit by waking me up once or twice each night.

That was my only complaint. Other folks make other complaints but I look at it this way - Yes, you will pay $11 a night for parking. Yes, you do NOT get free breakfast. Yes, you do NOT even get a microwave (although you did a fridge). Having said all of that, my family ate a "picnic" breakfast of cold cereal and toast each day (what we have at home anyways) and even with those costs added in to the parking and the room, I STILL paid reasonably less than the places that throw parking/breakfast in "for free" Seriously - a family of five paid about $160 a night (even with all of the extra things factored in) during the start of summer vacation season. That was a bargain in my mind. I WILL BE BACK to the Fairfield if we return to this area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might ask for a room "higher" in the hotel and far away fro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience with us, from our location to the professionalism of our staff. We also appreciate your honest feedback about the noise level and will pass your feedback along to management. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your family again on your next trip to Disneyland!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Artesia, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just returned from a 6 day family vaction with 9 people. First night they had us on seperate floors, but the next night they were able to get all 3 of our rooms right next to each other. They have amazing staff. Loved the vallet staff. Laghed and joked with us everytime we saw them. The only problem was on 6/16/13 someone pulled the fire alarm, around 2 in the morning. The only thing that upset me was that manaement took to long to come on the speaker to anounce that is was a false alarm, and then to come on again 30 mins later to announce it again. Only suggestion is to have management better prepared to handle a hectic situation like this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your review! We are so happy to hear that you found our staff so friendly and accommodating, and that our location worked out so well for you! We also appreciate your feedback about the fire alarm. Rest assured we will pass your comments along to management to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Kennewick, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just got back from a 5 day stay at the Fairfield. We got there early and they got us into our room early. The rooms are average but clean the twin sleeper chair was perfect for a kid and the mini fridge was really cold, it even froze the water bottles to take into the park. We had read about parking problems and it is true definitely not enough parking spots. Our package came with parking included self or valet so when we couldn't find a spot we handed it over to valet. Nice walk and great location with McDonalds in front of hotel and the Pizza Hut inside the hotel. The food cost more than other McDonalds and Pizza Huts but still less than eating at Disney. Overall a good stay and easy walk to Disney.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view of fireworks and the Matterhorn.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so happy to hear that your room accommodated your family of five so well. We also appreciate your feedback about the parking. Rest assured we will pass your comments along to management. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again next time you are in the area!
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 3 night trip to Disneyland and had no complaints with this hotel. The room was very comfortable, with nice amenities, television and a comfortable bed too. We mostly chose this hotel for the price and location and we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We upgraded to a high floor, Disney theme room and didn't face the park, but the room was cute with a cars themed bedspread, wall paper, shower curtain etc. The room was in very good condition and looked brand new and was spotless. The quality of sleep was good, we didn't hear noise from our neighbors, so we were happy. The location can't be beat and it takes about 8-10 minutes to walk from the front door to the gates of Disneyland. I would highly recommend staying here for the price and a quick ease of access to the Disney Parks!

Room Tip: I would try and get a room on a higher floor, so you can see into Disneyland if you face the park an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are thrilled that everything from our location to your room met your expectations. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your wife again on your next trip to Disneyland!
La Crescenta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Rooms were decent but nothing fancy. A bit small and no ventilation in bathroom made room stuffy. Room was clean but looked like it was well used. Furniture was newer but looked kind of cheap. Great location - across the street from the Main entrance of Disneyland and about 4 hotels down. Right in between McDonald's and Mimi's Cafe. Pool was okay (off parking lot). Shampoo and Conditioner were tiny (I forgot to bring shampoo and conditioner). No lotion. Coffeemaker was no frills. Room did have a fridge which was a plus. Bed was hard. Pillows were nice. Mattress had a sealed cover on it which is good (yes I did check for bed bugs didn't see any). My daughter said sofabed was comfortable. They usually are never comfortable. Rooms were quiet didn't hear any neighbor's and hotel looked pretty full. Walking back to room at night with kids was great (not far). Staff was very friendly. We have stayed at Howard Johnsons and the rooms were on the dirty side so this was definitely a step up. But the kiddie pool at Howard Johnsons was a step up with pirate ship play area. I've had also stayed at the Westin down the street - rooms were fantastic (suite) but it was too far to walk with young kids. Fairfield Location was idea. I've stayed at a lot of Marriottt's and this was definitely not my favorite. I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience, both favorable and unfavorable. Our guests' feedback is a priceless tool in our goal of making every stay with us a magical one. We are happy to hear that our location near Disneyland worked out so well for you!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family stayed here June 9th for one night. Superb location. We arrived early and were able to check in and go to our room. I love the location, and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The lobby was very inviting for both adults and children. The front desk staff were excellent in providing suggestions on w here to eat and WHERE NOT to eat. We went out and came back around 10 that night. As I set up the bathroom for the family showers I noticed we needed more towels. Rosa came promptly and smiled. I say about 12:30am, my daughter was cold, she slept on the sofa pullout, so I called again for a regular comforter, Rosa again was prompt and very friendly. The beds were large enough to comfortably fit 2 people. The room was very clean. They have the whitest bath tubs I have ever seen in a hotel! The only reason I could not give this hotel and score of excellent, was due to the limited parking, which we paid for. We were forced to use valet parking, at no additional charge, but still then you have to tip. I would stay here again and also recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for joining on your recent stay. We are so thrilled to hear that our location and service exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate your feedback about the parking, and will certainly pass it along to management. Thank you for your review and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night. I booked a standard room with a king size bed and a sleeper sofa and had requested a room with a view of Disneyland. I was told that they did not have a room with a park view available, which was not important anyways. Upon arrival, at 9 pm, there was no available self parking, literally. After 30 minutes of searching I found a spot quite far from my assigned room. When I called to book the room I asked if breakfast was included with the room and they said it was. After I got settled in my room (which ended up being a Disney themed room with a Disneyland view). The room was clean, I had a new pair of socks on and they were still clean, not even a dull hint of dirt! Plenty of pillows on the bed, an extra blanket available and a good supply of towels. Marriott beds are usually comfy, though this bed was a little firmer than I recall their standard beds being it was still comfy. There wasn't a microwave in the room which would have been nice. I called the front desk to find out what the serving times were and the clerk said there was no complimentary breakfast. There is a McDonald's, Millie's, and Mimi's within a one or two minute walk. The location was right across the street from Disneyland and would easily be a 10 minute or less walk, you'd save $5 on parking fees and avoid the hassle of the crowded trams. All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. The fire alarm malfunctioned in the middle of the night (1:40ish til 2:30) SO inconvenient to have bright strobe lights and alarms going off. Hopefully they can resolve it quicker if it ever happens again. Overall it was ok, not really an excellent value but a good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, both favorable and unfavorable. Our guests' feedback is a priceless tool in our goal of making each and every stay with us an outstanding one. We apologize for the confusion with breakfast, and we will be sure to pass your comments along to management. We are so happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful, and that your room met your expectations! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!