“Great Value & Close to Disney” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Scottsdale, AZ
“Great Value & Close to Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived early (noon) and the only room option was facing the Interstate at the rear of the property, so since we wanted to get to the park quickly (& weren't planning on spending much time in our room, except to sleep) we took it. I did read the earlier reviews, and brought earplugs! So the traffic noise was not an issue for me (the rest of the family never noticed the noise at all, we were on the 6th floor). I thought the $11 valet was great! No issues trying to park the car, just drive up, give them the keys and check-in. We were on our way to the Park within 30 minutes of arriving.

There are 3 restaurants nearby: Mimi's to the right (I thought was nicer than Millies), Millies, and McDonalds. There is also an iHOP at the traffic lights where you need to cross to get into the park. I'm thinking its a 5-10 minute walk to the front gate.

We hit the pool a couple of times (be warned, the pool gets shaded around 4pm at this time of the year). It was a basic pool, with a tiny hot tub. Based on the size of the hotel, I thought it should be bigger, but we didn't have a problem getting loungers. Pool towels were well stocked.

The rooms were recently updated with all the basics. We requested extra towels, which came quickly. Overall no complaints, and based on what we paid, we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing Disney, high floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review us. We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us, including our valet service and location, met your expectations. We look forward to having you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Alberta,Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights with my young son. I'll start with the good, since that very much outweighs the bad. The room was large, and updated, clean, the bed was a comfy king bed and there was also a pull out sofa,fridge and safe. The staff was helpful and kind, especially the valet staff. We did eat at Millies a couple of times, and it was okay. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub very much, its true that it is right by the driveway, but I had no issues with feeling it wasn't private enough, and I am not one that enjoys wearing my bathing suit in any type of crowd! There were a few nights that things got a little loud as we were facing the pool, but it wasn't too bad, pretty much any hotel would be the same, and I was equipped with a sound machine that covered the noise any time there was any. We just had to walk a few steps to the other side of the balcony and had a great spot for the fireworks. my son greatly enjoyed this. As for the parking, I really didnt think it was an issue, if you want a spot right out front it was a little hard to get , but you drive back a few hundred feet and there was always plenty in the back , and if you don't want to walk ( really not far) the valet guys were always more than willing to assist , and not rush you at all if you were hauling in kids/groceries etc.

We only ate once at the place on the 3rd floor, and I cant say we enjoyed it at all. I don't know if it was because we showed up a little later in the morning or not, but the egg sandwich we had really was barely edible and cold.

The only real complaint I have , was when I checked in at a very late ( or early morning hour) the shuttle dropped us off at the end of the "driveway" and I had a sleepy toddler who wanted me to carry him, since I had to wake him up to walk in, but I couldn't as I had all our luggage as well. Once at the check-in, the person checking me in, obviously noted how flustered I was, and how I was struggling to carry all my stuff, and I was not offered any help at all , or even a luggage cart. Other than that I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled that your overall experience with us including your room, the pool and your view of the Disney fireworks met your expectations. But we are truly sorry about the experience with breakfast, and our failure to assist you with your luggage. Rest assured we will share your feedback with our team to ensure that this will not happen again. Thank you and we hope that we may have an opportunity to serve you in the future!
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great hotel with as close of access to the Disney main gates as possible. Hotel staff were very friendly and allowed us a early check-in, which was very handy as we were trying to do Disneyland the same day as our flight arrival. Room was very nice and son enjoyed the buzz light-year wallpaper and throw on the bed. parking is $15 on site which is well worth the convenience, much more convenient then parking at Disney's crowded structure. They will even allow guests to park for a fee as well at their lot. McDonalds in parking lot, many options for breakfast. No free Fairfield breakfast at hotel which was fine. Also we were able to purchase our Disney 2 day park hopper passes at the hotel which was convenient.

Room Tip: High floor facing resort will allow you to see fireworks from disney
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience with us, and that you found our location and parking convenient. We are also happy to hear that your son enjoyed the Toy Story themed room! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Richland, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am writing this review in my spare time while we are at Disney. We chose to come at a great time of year. Paired with nice spring weather and smaller crowds, I'd come again during this time. I booked our vacation only a couple of weeks in advance, so my choices were limited if I wanted a hotel near the maingate. We had previously stayed at Best Western Park Place Plaza many years ago, but that one was booked. I am glad we didn't make our reservations at that hotel, because they are currently going through what looks like major renovations. Fairfield Inn is much, much cleaner and all around nicer than what I remember of the Park Place Plaza, but is forty dollars more expensive per night (for a suite) without the awesome breakfast the other provides. However, this is a Disney vacation, and I expect to pay high prices for everything. The last time we visited Disney was about four years ago...so this experience doesn't come around every day. So far, this hotel experience is much better. Cleaner rooms, nicer exterior/interior, nicer entrance and front desk, helpful staff. I slept better this time, however, my room is on the seventh floor as opposed to ground level at the Park Place Plaza. So, if you are trying to determine between these two hotels, you have to decide if having a better sleep is more important than saving money. I prefer the Fairfield Inn. (Oh, and one more note, we did use the pool the first night. The kids loved it.)

Room Tip: Upper levels are relatively quiet, depending on who sleeps next door to you. The rooms are definite...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your review! We are so happy to hear that our location, rooms and staff have lived up to your expectations. We are also glad that your kids have enjoyed using our pool! Enjoy your remaining time with us and we hope that we may have an opportunity to serve you in the future!
Lebanon Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We, again, had a very nice stay at the Fairfield Inn across from Disneyland last week. The location is unbeatable, almost directly across the street from the 2 parks, and the service and accommodations were a great value.

We stayed 5 nights this time and found our room to be the perfect place to rest and recover after hours walking the parks. The third floor Pizza Hut / Coffee Shop was convenient and not ridiculously priced compared to food at the parks.

Overall I think it is hard to beat this hotel for comfort, service and location.

Room Tip: You can see the park fireworks and some of the water show at California Adventure from park facing...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled that you found our location unbeatable and our service and accommodations a great value. We appreciate your positive feedback and hope that we may have an opportunity to serve you again in the future!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Fairfield Inn is one of the nicer hotels/motels outside of the Disney main entrance. The rooms are clean and spacious, and look like they have been updated recently. Room service is available from the Millie's, the restaurant at the front of the property. The pool is heated. Some rooms have a view of Disneyland and/or the fireworks dispay.

However, there are some downsides. The hallways are exterior (motel style). They charge extra for parking ($11/day) and breakfast is not included. Other competing hotels in the area offer free parking, free breakfast, and cost a little less. The seal around the room door is not tight, and combined with the exterior hallways means that on a cold evening, expect cold air to be blowing into your room from the cracks in the door. The room has a refrigerator, but no microwave (apparently there are some on the 3rd floor).

All in all, it was an OK experience. Most of our time was spent in Disneyland, so we didn't stay in the room for very long. Kids loved the pool and jacuzzi. Wife liked that the rooms were clean and relatively new. I didn't like having to pay extra for parking and breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate honest feedback from our guests. We are glad that your family enjoyed our heated pool and jacuzzi. We hope that we may have an opportunity to serve you in the future!
NSW Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Spent 9 nights here as part of a large group. Staff were helpful and check in & out process was quick & easy. As we were going back & forth to Disneyland the location was fantastic. There were quite a few places to eat around the hotel including Mimi's which served nice food. We did not eat at the eatery on 3rd floor or try the pool. The rooms appeared a little dated, but were clean and comfortable & the beds were very comfortable. The close proximity to Disneyland is the big draw card. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to review us. We are so happy to hear that the service and location lived up to your standards. We look forward to having you again!

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!