“Location, location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
northern VA
“Location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Location was my top priority. Planned Disney, knotts berry farm, and nothing else, so we did not rent car. Paid $110 for private car service for 5 from LAX. found cabbie to take us back to LAX for $75. Hotel is 1 block from main gate entrance. McDonalds is next door. Ihop, Denny's, are within 2 blocks, PF Changs about 7 blocks walking distance. Computer w printer in lobby to print tickets, boarding passes, whatever. Fireworks visible and loud from most rooms. Breakfast options available to buy on 3rd floor, but we brought our own stuff and ate in room. I would probably stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Keith O, Property Coordinator at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the review!

I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary computers and printer in the lobby. We are within walking distance of a lot of restaurants and places to snack.

Supper Shuttle or the Disneyland Express are two other options instead of cabs to get here from LAX. They range from about $16-$22 per person each way so they are possibly less expensive ways of getting to our hotel from LAX. However these two options will have other drop offs and pick ups, so the drive is not as direct as a cab and can take a little longer.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay...perfect location and we had a super view of the fireworks every night. The food options could be better, but really there are so many restaurants right outside the door, you don't need to eat in the hotel. i would highly recommend it as a place for families to stay..great value!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Keith O, Property Coordinator at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review!

I’m very happy you enjoyed your stay. The fireworks go off currently, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, and we are in a great location to view them.

Hopefully we’ll see you again!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Really a good choice for a Disneyland hotel. Price is reasonable although they do charge for parking. Location is just about perfect, maybe a 10 minute walk to Maingate. This is super helpful with small children as it is an easy trip back to the room for a mid-day nap. Clean rooms, comfortable enough bed. Practically shares a parking lot with McDonalds which was very convenient as I would run down and grab breakfast while my wife was getting the kids ready in the morning. We stayed in a standard room. I would recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the rooms facing I-5.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel. We receive a lot of feedback about our proximity and how nice it is to be able to walk back during the day for breaks and naps with the kids. And I agree, the beds are very comfy.

We’ll see you again soon I hope!
Livermore, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Was booking last minute and the Best Western Park Place was all booked up. The Best Western is our normal place of stay since it is sooooo close to the park. The Fairfield was available and we stayed 3 nights. We were traveling with my 7 year old and 9 year old. The room was great. Clean with two queen beds and a small pull out bed. In fairness, we were only in room for sleeping and at the park during the day. From California Adventures, it took 10-12 minute to get to my room. Quick.

It was a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review!

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay.

Come back and see us again!
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The beds are good, decent (if small) shower, clean and comfortable. Not luxurious, or spacious (if with a family). Short walk to Disney and not too noisy if you get rooms on the opposite side of the main road. The pool is Ok, but next to the entrance drive. The snack bar food was awful, but the Millies restaurant was reasonable, typical diner fayre.

Room Tip: If your kids are a decent size, then ask for two queens and a sofa bed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are a quick walk to the park, and I think our beds are very comfy.

I did want to mention that we are going to be changing the landscaping around the pool to make it more tranquil and make it a more distinct and a separate place so you won’t notice the front entrance when you’re trying to relax.

Hopefully when you come back we’ll be done with the landscaping!
Redwood City, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed Mon Oct 29 through Fri Nov 2. We are a family of four with two kids (8, 5). We stayed in a room with two beds on the 2nd or 3rd floor facing the pool in a non-Disney decorated room. The better rooms are the ones directly facing the park and upper floors - then you can get a view of the fireworks. Instead, we just walked out to the parking up and looked up.

The toilet and bathtub have a door that can be closed. The single sink and bathroom countertop is open to the bedroom (which causes a lot of light to flood the sleeping areas - good thing our kids don't care about light when they sleep).

The small fridge was convenient, especially since no breakfast is included so we stored drinks, etc. in it. No closet with doors, just a closet rod in the bathroom area. This property is more like a motel when it comes to the room itself but like a hotel because it has many floors. Rooms were sufficient for our purposes as we were at Disneyland every day. Having the McDonald's right there was super convenient. The hotel also has a small eatery in the hotel - prices were reasonable - plenty of breakfast options for under $5.

We did not swim in the pool, but many people did. So, if the noise bothers you (did not bother us), then request a room high enough or away from the pool area.

There is a daily parking fee. I think it was $10/day. While I certainly would prefer not to pay (some nearby hotels do not charge for parking), the cost was reasonable.

Front desk service was friendly, but they were very busy. We arrived 30 min before check-in. I was all processed and they took my cell number so they could call me when our room was ready. It was ready within the half hour.

Lastly, I booked this hotel through a Disneyland package from Costco. Everything was fine except that I didn't know that I would not get Marriott rewards credit for my stay. This stay would have given me enough nights to get into the next category of membership. Oh well.

Lots and lots of kids and families at this hotel with only one destination in mind - Disneyland!

Room Tip: Upper floors directly facing Disneyland can see the fireworks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review!

We do have rooms that specifically face the fireworks, but if you don’t have one of those rooms, it’s as easy and walking to the other side of the building to see then when they go off. Even after seeing the fireworks countless times over my 7 years here, it still makes me smile every single time.

We do cater a lot to families given how close we are to Disneyland. So there are children all over the place which can make the lobby really noisy at times.

I do apologize for no one telling you earlier about not getting points. To get Marriott Rewards points you have to book directly through the reservations hotline or online. Any reservation booked through a package or websites like Travelocity, Expedia, etc are ineligible to receive points.

I do hope you come back to Disneyland for vacation, and stay with us again!
Bairnsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here in December and just loved it. The staff are very friendly and eager to please. They posted our postcards back to Australia for us and just couldn't help us enough. We came with two teenage kids and the free wifi was great. The location is just across the road and down a bit from Disneyland. Only a short walk. Right out the front door is Millies, a great little restaurant. Very handy to everything.
The room was nice and clean and we had a great view of the nightly fireworks from Disneyland. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone heading to Disneyland. We will be back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review!

I’m glad you enjoyed us and that your teenage kids were able to keep connected with our complimentary WiFi.

I hope we’ll see you again soon!

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!