“Comfortable, Clean and Close” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Disney Package
Ranked #20 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
San Jose
“Comfortable, Clean and Close”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This Fairfield Inn across from Disneyland entrance (Down about 2 blocks after the light) was a very nice Hotel. The rooms were cleaned every day like clockwork, the staff was very helpful, the laundry machines worked fine, and the 3rd floor take-n-go food court is convenient. I found some of the food at this court cost less than McDonalds next door! (McDonald's prices at Disneyland entrance off Harbor Blvd. are a rip off due to the location) Bottom floor(of hotel) they have a nice little snack and gift shop, and if you need Cigarettes or Booze, they have it in stock too.
The beds were very comfortable, and they don't slouch on the pillows either. The rooms are older and dated, but good size & the place is clean. It's comforting to see that they work to keep it clean. I saw staff out every day cleaning vents, rooms, gardens, driveway, lobby, etc, etc. The Fairfield Inn is a good value neighbor to Disney. The room costs are reasonable, but the only thing I wish they would do is allow free parking for their Marriott Members points program. I give them 4 stars because we're members, and have disabled placard, but they charge $11 per day to park there. I there should be no charge for Marriott club members , and/or disabled vets etc.

Room Tip: If you're a D23 member, or /not Go to the Pizza Press cafe on the way to Disneyland/ after McDon...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Keith O, Property Coordinator at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review!

First, I’m going to agree 100% with the recommendation of Pizza Press. It’s delicious.

Our staff does a terrific job at maintaining the property. Our housekeepers and engineers really do a fantastic job making us look beautiful.

Unfortunately with the parking, it is controlled by a 3rd party company so we aren’t able to offer it complimentary. But I have passed your suggestion up to Senior Management.

Hopefully we’ll see you next time you’re at Disneyland!

1,292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights to see Disneyland. Great location 10 minute walk to front gate. A shuttle would be helpful but overall a great spot. Close to Mimi's for great food. Would stay here again. Good wifi too

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review!

10 minute walk to the park? Check. Good food within walking distance? Check. Free high speed WiFi? Check.

Yeah that’s what I look for when I choose my hotels when I travel too.

Hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was a great hotel for a quick trip to Disneyland. There was lots of space in the room and the vanity counter was huge, plenty of room for both my husband and I to get ready at the same time. The room was very clean and the convenience to Disneyland is a huge plus! My only complaints are it is kind of noisy, you can hear noises from the rooms next to you, especially early in the morning as people are up and getting ready. Also, the bed was on the uncomfortable side, the mattress was hard as a rock and the pillows soft and flat. Marriott should invest in upgrading its bedding.

Room Tip: Both Valet parking and Self parking are the same price, but it's worth the couple extra dollars...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your reply!

I’m very happy you liked our property and it’s closeness to the park. Being able to walk back and forth to the Disneyland gates saves a lot of time and hassle of having to drive, then park, then wait for the tram or bus to shuttle you to the gates.

I have passed on your comments about the bed and pillows to our Housekeeping Manager. He is going to have his team check all of the pillows to make sure they are all fluffy and comfortable.

We hope to see you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed at a few different marriott properties in the area, one because I am a marriott member and two, a disneyland annual pass holder. This location was not only extremely close to the park the rooms were the cleanest I have seen at any property. We went on a family trip so I reserved three different rooms. I had read online that this location had bed bug liners on their mattresses, which i did check to see if they had and it was true!
The only reason I did not grade this as excellent was due to the bone chilling cold nights we encountered when we visited. The hotel rooms are not enclosed which was not a problem, but our door did not have a weather strip on the bottom. Cold air was leaking through the crack, we used a towel to block the air and our room became nice and toasty for the rest of the evening.
This is now the place I stay every time I venture to disneyland

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review!

I’m glad you think so highly of us compared to all the Marriotts in the area! I did share you concern about the lack of weather stripping with our Chief Engineer and him and his team spent a few days focusing on checking all the weather strips and replacing if any were missing or broken.

I’m very happy we are you “go to” hotel in the Disneyland area. We’ll see you soon!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

It is less than five minutes walk from the front entry of Disneyland - the hotel is clean and the rooms are quite spacious. There is a coin operated washing machines and dryers on each level (fantastic for a longer trip!). The lobby is nice, valet are very efficient and check in easy. Big bathroom is guest rooms, pool looked okay although we didn't use it. The little store onsite was cheap for late night snacks and they sell washing powder and other things u might need. Good option if you can't get into the Disney resorts.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review!

I’m glad we were able to help make your trip special while you were on holiday.

Hopefully we’ll see you again next time you’re in the states!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Anaheim Fairfield Inn by Marriott
To start with I can not believe that this hotel has a 2 1/2-3 star rating. It certainly deserves higher. The staff are excellent and extremely willing to help. The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable and it is clean! There are so many dining establishments in the area and the proximity to the Disney theme parks are great. My only criticism is the lady who runs the gift shop....every time we went in she was chatting on the phone and we seemed to be an inconvenience to her. Apart from that I give this place a big thumbs up.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith O, Property Coordinator at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review!

I’m glad you loved our property. I’ll bring up the issue with the Gift Shop to the managers of the store. No one should be on the phone while they are helping someone.

We look forward to seeing you again.
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights while at Disneyland. It's a reasonably priced hotel room. You really can't beat the location...it's very close to the parks. Took a 5-10 minute walk from our room to the park gates and just a few more minutes to downtown Disney. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Friendly and quick check in. Helpful front desk staff. Our room was not ready when we arrived, we were told they would call us when it was ready, but they never did. Not a big problem though because it was ready when we came back.

Rooms open to an exterior hallway, which always concerns me because it can be noisy....but we didn't hear a thing from the hallway or from neighbouring rooms Good view of the fireworks if you are on the front side of the hotel.

The room was a good size, very clean. Basic toiletries were provided (shampoo, conditioner and soap) and were re-stocked daily. Love the extra towels we got (6 or 7 instead of the usual 3). The beds were very comfortable...we slept very well. There is a fridge in the room, which is a plus. No safe though...which was a bit disappointing. The tub wouldn't drain after our first shower and it was fixed immediately (they even left a little note, apologizing for the inconvenience and if it still wasn't working to contact them again).

Pizza Hut is located on the 3rd floor that serves breakfast...and they also have some other food/snacks there (cereal, breakfast bars). There is a well stocked gift shop in the lobby. There are computers in the lobby that you can use to print off your boarding passes....LOVE THAT!!!

We would certainly stay here again. It's a good, friendly, clean hotel within walking distance to the parks. Hope to be back again soon!!

Thank you for your review!

I’m glad we were able to help make your vacation wonderful!

When you do come back, the rooms have safes under the sink.

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!