“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Salem, OR
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a week in three rooms. All three rooms were spacious and kept very clean. On the third floor there is a Pizza Hut and games room which was nice. The is also a McDonald’s within walking distance. I would stay again.

The only thing I didn’t like was the room doors are on the outside instead of in a corridor.

Room Tip: From rooms 630 to 640 or so you can watch the fireworks from your room. All of the rooms on that sid...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Keith O, Property Coordinator at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your review!

Our housekeeping department does a great job at keeping the rooms fresh and clean. And I’m glad you were able to enjoy our Pizza Hut/Seattle’s Best as well as the game room.

Hopefully we’ll see you again next time you’re in the Disneyland area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am a Premier Annual Pass holder to the Disneyland Resort. This hotel is my first choice for visiting Disneyland. The rooms are very clean, and for the most part very quiet. I recently stayed in room 420 and this room is the only that I have stayed in that I could hear the people above me, however I slept fine.

There is a Pizza Hut on the third floor that offers a breakfast as well. There is valet parking for the same fee as parking ($11.00). There is also a McDonald's next door and is a favorite of my son for a midnight McFlurry.

There is a heated pool (outdoor) and a small (less than five people) hot-tub next to the pool. The nearby Howard Johnson has a much more 3-10 yo friendly water-park style pool if that's what you are looking for. However the Ho-Jo is a farther walk to the parks and food options. For my money I prefer the Fairfield Inn to any other property at the Disneyland Resort. It's a third of the price of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and closer the main gate than the Disneyland Hotel. I have stayed here a number of times and have never had a negative experience.

Room Tip: Rooms that boast of a "fireworks" view do not look over the park, due to the fact that Dis...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for being a frequent stayer!

There are of eateries around the area but midnight McFlurries are the best.

Hopefully we’ll see you soon.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with parents in this hotel across from Disney in January 2010. For the price, we liked the room, amenities, cleanliness, and access to Disney.

In-room dining options not great but lot of good eating places near the hotel. Walkable to Disney parks with a great view of the parks and fireworks at night from outside the room.

Didn't use the pool since it was too open to the public.

It's a busy location due Disney so don't expect perfect privacy / solitude.

Room Tip: Request higher floor to avoid lobby noise (very busy due to the location with mostly families visiti...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review!

I’m glad you liked the rooms. We renovated 2 years ago, and the rooms still look brand new!

If you’re back in this area again, I invite you to stay with us.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have stayed at other hotels near Disneyland and this hotel is now our hotel of chose when visiting Disneyland, they check in staff are so friendly asked us where we had come from and what we had planned while we are in Anahiem. The hotel room was nice and clean the added pictures of disney make it really feel like you are so close to Disneyland, it is only a 10min walk door to door from the hotel to disneyland entrance gate, and it is a close walk to the garden grove that has many good places to eat and there is also many resturants close to the hotel that are nice to eat at. we had an amazing view from our balcony of the matterhorn and we could see the nightly fireworks from Disneyland on the nights that we didnt stay at the park. There is a coin laundry in the hotel if you need to do washing.
We caught the Disney express from LA airport you need to prepay this trip as they no longer accept cash when you arrive at the Disney resort

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room that faces Disneyland so you can watch the nightly fireworks
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review!

I’m glad you had a great stay. I’m glad you pointed out how many things are within a quick walk from our hotel. There’s a lot of food options and even some shopping all within 10 minutes walking from the hotel.

Hopefully we’ll see you again!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My family visited this hotel in August 2012 for a one week stay. We booked through our travel agent and paid before we arrived.

As we travelled from Australia we arrived at the hotel well before check in time. We were exhausted from the 14 hour flight and had all our winter gear still on. Whoa !! how hot was August this year in Anaheim. Unfortunately our rooms were not available. The very kind lady at check in I think saw our desperation and accommodated us with an upgrade to the newly refurbished character themed rooms on the top floor overlooking Disneyland Park which at night offered the best viewing point for the fireworks. We were able to go straight to our rooms. Yeh!

We had booked 2 interconnecting rooms as there were six of us in total. Each room had 2 double beds. Rooms were clean, surroundings comfortable, air conditioner worked (thank goodness), tea coffee facilities were provided. Bathroom a little dated however fine. TV provided excellent channels. For us ozzies back home anything over 5 channels is a luxury.

The location of this hotel is the best. We have stayed here now two times and once next door at the Howard Johnson. It takes approximately 10 minutes walk to reach the main gate to Disneyland. McDonalds and Millies Restaurant are right at the front of hotel about 2 minutes from the main entrance. Great for late night returns from the park. My suggestion though with Millies is get there early for Breakfast. Seems everyone has the same idea as us - big breakfast means less you buy at Disneyland throughout the day.

The hotel has a laundromat. Excellent for families. You do need to pay for this service however reception always willing to change money for you.

Parking now I believe is being charged at $11.00 per day, however my tip is join the Marriott Rewards Club. Free to join and the benefits excellent. We didn't pay for parking, wifi in the rooms was free and each stay you gain points towards free stays down the track.

The only real let down obviously because we have stayed at the Howard Johnson before is the pool area at this hotel is quite basic. Fine to cool off but its not really private from passing traffic and people. Not a sit by the pool, relax and sun bake type of pool.

I highly recommend this hotel for its location, price comparison and comfortness of the rooms.

Thank you Marriott.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I love informative reviews.

Thank you for the kind words, and I’m very glad we were able to help make your trip great. We try our best to accommodate early arrivals- especially those who just flew around the globe!

Hopefully we WOW’ed you enough that we’ll see you again next time you and your family come to Disneyland.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We just got back from a 4 night stay here, after booking an airfare/hotel package. We have stayed at quite a few hotels on Harbor Blvd, however It was our first time at this hotel. It was a nice surprise! First, the staff smiled and welcomed us to the hotel! This may not seem like much, but from our experiences other hotels in the area (with the exception of the Disneyland Resort hotels) this was a breath of fresh air. The staff was so much more helpful than others we have stayed at- opening doors for us, assisting us with luggage, asking if there is anything we need, fantastic! At first there was a little bit of a wait with our check in since there were a couple of people ahead of us. The staff apologized for the wait and was extremely helpful at making the rest of the process quick and easy. I was a little dissapointed that we weren't able to check in right away. We arrived at 2:00 and check-in isn't until 4:00. It seems they are pretty strict on the check in time. However, this might be due to us having asked for a specific room. We wanted a ground floor room, so maybe if we would have been ok with any room we could have checked in early? Not sure. We were staying at the same time as some other of our family members. They had checked in a day earlier and had put our name on their reservation as well so we could leave our luggage in their room since we were arriving before the check in time. We had not asked for our rooms to be put next to each other, but when we came back later to officially check in we had been put right next to them. Perfect!

The location of our room was great. It was on the ground floor (we have a double stroller and didn't want to deal with the elevators) and we were right on the corner towards the front of the hotel facing the park (not on the pool side). We were able to see the fireworks from our room and getting to and from our room during the day was so easy. It was also great having McDonalds and Millie's right next door for breakfast on the way to the park.

I was concerned about there being a lot of noise due to the room being ground floor. But it was actually fine! I don't think there was any one above us...or if there was, we never heard them. And since our family members were right next door they were courteous and quiet as well. I think this is the first time I've actually slept at a hotel while at Disneyland.

We had a two queen bedroom. The beds were actually pretty comfortable! For once my back didn't hurt after sleeping at the hotel. The only con was that with using a playpen for our toddler, there was not much space left over. (We are used to getting 2 rooms or family suites.) But it was still fine, since we are not in our room very much during the day anyway. The room and bathroom seemed clean. There was lots of counter space in the vanity bathroom area. However the shower/toilet area was a little small. I missed having the 1 1/2 -2 bathrooms that you get in family suites. It made it much easier to get ready in the morning. The air conditioning/heating unit was pretty loud, but not as loud as the other hotels we have stayed in. I also liked that it used a thermostat instead of turning the knob on the unit.

Overall, a great stay!

Room Tip: We liked having a ground floor room so we didn't have to wait for the elevators with our strolle...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the in depth review!

I’m glad you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. Checking in before 4:00 PM is based on room availability. So, if you were waiting specifically for a ground floor room, then that might be why you had to wait until then.

Thank you for the comments about the courteous staff. The front desk agents love seeing compliments posted online!

Hopefully we’ll see you again next time you’re in the area!
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I planned a nice getaway to Disneyland. I booked thru Costco travel and picked this hotel due to its location. There was a little wait to checkin, but that was not a problem, they were just busy. The Front desk staff were very friendly with a Can-Do attitude. Our room wasn't ready yet (10:30am), I asked for a park facing room, and they stated they would try (hotel was 98% booked). We had our luggage locked in their storage room. While there, the scooter I rented fro my wife from Apple Scooter was waiting there.

We go back to the hotel around 7pm and they had our room ready. It was on the first floor facing the park. At first I was not happy, but it turned out to be great. No waiting for the elevator, and easier for my wife to get in and out of with the scooter. With staying 4 nights, this was a plus. The room was a good size and clean. The room was also remarkably quiet. the only time we heard anything outside was when the fireworks were going off.

As far as location, it was perfect. It was short walk to the Disneyland entrance (less then 10 minutes to the DL or DCA gates). McD was right there along with other resturants.

I would definitely consider staying here again when visiting DLR.

Room Tip: Get a park facing room. First floor won't see anything, but it does allow a quick in/out of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review!

I’m very glad that everything worked out for the best for you and your wife.

Hopefully we’ll see you soon!

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!