“Loved this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Fort Hood, Texas
“Loved this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

This hotel is the perfect location to Disneyland and we had a wondereful time. The room was more than adequate and the staff was wonderful. We would definitlely stay here next time we go to Disneyland.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — No indoor pool
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
kansas city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

We went to Disneyland for the first time in October. This was one of the hotels with the free 4th night offer and it was the closet to Disneyland that we could get at the time.

We are a family of five. There were two beds and a small chair that pulled out into a very slim bed. The room was okay. The walk to Disneyland is pretty good. We are use to all the walking at Disneyworld where you can walk for miles to get from one attraction to another. You basically walk past a McDonalds and then about three other hotel/motels to get to the traffic light that leads into the parks.

There are two elevators at the Fairfield and one wasn't working at the time. There is a pizza hut mini restaurant on the third floor. There is a Mimi's restaurant right outside in the same parking lot which is similar to an Applebee's but not as nice. Just okay. Like i mentioned earlier McDonalds is right next door as well. The hotel was clean and the pool is small but clean as well. We asked for extra toiletries on our first day and they arrived very quickly. We also asked questions at the front desk and they were polite as well. I would rate this hotel/motel a 3.5. Somewhere just above average.

It seemed safe. We did have a fire alarm go off one night but it was a false alarm. All the hotels on the strip looked about the same to be honest. i would stay as close as possible if I were you. I would return. Kids really liked being able to see mountains on one side of the hotel and disneyland on the other.
From one vantage point if you go to the top floor and look out onto Disneyland you can see into the park....we could see splash, haunted mansion, and other rides. That was pretty cool.
Let it be know that I am a disneynut, we have been to the world several times. Disneyland was awesome. It is sooo much smaller (obviously) but the rides here we on whole much better than Disneyworld. So much to tell you and so little space.

Hope this helps.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small pullout
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

I am an avid Disneyland traveler and I always stay at one of the Disney Hotels. This trip there was no availability and I wanted to stay close so I chose this hotel. I expected it to be a moderate class hotel but I was surprised just how nice it was. The rooms were very clean and the hotel was well managed. It is very afforable and great for families or couples alike. This hotel is truly a pleasant surprise. I was very impressed by what I got for the money I spent.

• Liked — The Value
  • Disliked — Outdoor Corridors
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

Like the previous reviewer, we chose this hotel because of the good reviews it had on Tripadvisor, which is accurate 98% of the time. The only times the reviews did not meet my experience at the hotel is at John Jeffries in Boston and this hotel.

The first thing I didn't like about it was the motel type accommodation. I should have paid more attention to the hotel's internet pictures. The second thing I didn't like was the poor conditions of the room. The curtain was threadbare. It was so worn out looking. The towels were thin and cheap looking. The AC didn't work properly. When we called about it they said they would send someone around, but nobody came around. We called during the night and understand that maintenance people might not be available, but if that was the case, they should have just told us that rather than saying that someone would be around. We called again in the morning and someone eventually came around to fix it, but when we returned from a day in Disneyland, the AC wouldn't turn itself off, even though it is set on auto. So, it was still not in working order. As that was our last night there, we didn't report it. They did leave an apology card for not sending somebody sooner.

The location, however, was good. Not directly in front of the Disneyland entrance (as I believe one reviewer said it is), but it is within walking distance. It is also close to an ihop and the bus servicing that road has a stop right outside an In & Out (which makes the best burger in the US) about 3 miles away in Fullerton.

Also, the bed is comfortable. Other than that, the Fairfield Inn was terrible and I would not stay here again. There is a Hilton, a Courtyard Marriott and a Sheraton further down Harbor Blvd where I wished I had stayed and where I will stay if I was to have to come back to Disneyland (which is unlikely as I hated Disneyland).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Towels and curtains
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

We chose the Fairfield Inn based on the following:-
- It had good reviews on tripadvisor.com particularly for families;
- It is managed by Marriott;
- It is walking distance from the main entrance for both Disneyland Resort and Disney's California Adventure Park;
- It is close to several eateries including Millies, McDonnalds and Mimi's; and
- It has a no pet policy.

To start with we found most of the positive reviews to be true and we were decently happy with the hotel. However, we did manage our expectations to begin with. We knew at the outset that the hotel would not be a 5-Star Marriott. The hotel facilites were definately not what one would be acustom to at a 5-Star hotel. While we were aware of this, we based our decision on the assumption that the level of service would be good as it is managed by Marriott. Although the rooms were a little small for a Marriott, we were quite happy with the size, despite the fact that we had 2 young children with us and a further 2 adults, 1 teenager and 3 toddlers in the ajoining room travelling with us. Each room comprised of 2 queen sized beds and a sofa bed which sleeps one.

The distance of the hotel to the park was close enough for us to get to the main entrance to either parks within 9-12 minutes or so (depending how fast you walk). Nevertheless, after a whole day at the park, the distance felt unbelievably far after having returned the rented strollers at the park and having to carry 2 sleeping toddlers all the way back to the hotel. On that note, Best Western's Park Place Inn which is located nearest to the park looked like an inviting place to stay.

For breakfast and dinners we were usually either at Millie's or Mimi's located close to the hotel. Between the two, I would think Mimi's to be the better restaurant in terms of both service and quality of the food. As for the nearby McDonalds, while it is a fast food restaurant, the service was painfully slow. I have been to McDonnalds around the world, the UK, US, Italy, France, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan and Australia, and this outlet is by far the slowest, even when it is nearly empty.

There is also a (very) small Pizza Hut outlet on the 3rd floor of the hotel which is okay but nothing to shout about.

On the service of the hotel,..........well let's just say that as the rooms, it is definately not Marriott standard. On one occasion after a whole day at the park and dinner afterwards, we came back to the room at 11:00 o'clock only to find the room half made up. The bathroom had been cleaned and towels changed but only one bed nearly made up with the other bed having the sheets removed and new sheets and blanket piled on top of it by the side. We also found that someone (possibly the inefficent maid) had left a pullover in the room (which I had returned to the front desk together with a complain to get the room made up immediately eventhough it was late). To compensate me for the trouble, the guy at the front desk (Alexis) who was very helpful and understanding provided me with some coupons to use at the Pizza Hut which I never used (I had mentioned that I was not after a free meal).

I was also rather miffed that there were 2 false fire alarms that went off in the middle of the night. In the midst of the all the bush fires in Irvine and San Diego, and having some evacuees escaping the fires staying at the hotel, I did not particularly appreciate the fire scare and waking us all up in the middle of the night. We actually thought it was a real fire and grabbed whatever we could and rushed out of the building before we were told that it was a false alarm.

Other minor peeves was that 2 of the elevators did not work, and based on the other trip reports that I have read have been broken for sometime and have yet to be fixed, and the front desk after having obliged my wife's request to keep 2 bottles of chocolate milk in fridge while we went to the park after I had checked-out (we needed the milk for my 3 yr old for the flight back to Kuala Lumpur later that night) lost the bottles of milk.

Notwithstanding the above, both the staff at the front desk and the ladies who ran the concierge and tour desk were very obliging and helpful.

Would I stay at the Fairfield Inn again? Probably yes on the assumption that the troubles that we had was just a one off and that the maid would get reprimanded or better training, the lifts would get fixed and that there will no longer be anymore false fire alarms in the middle of the night.

Unless of course we opt for the real Marriott the next time.

• Liked — The location to the park, the rooms were decent and the front desk and concierge staff were rather helpful,
  • Disliked — The quality of the service of the maid, the 2 broken lifts and the 2 false fire alarms.
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canberra
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

Overall, there has to be a better place to stay near Disneyland. Granted the hotel is within walking distance from the park but that is as good as it gets. I stayed in a room with 2 small kids and my wife on level 8 facing the park. The rooms were average size, did not block out any noise, had a small bathroom that is in need of renovation, paper cups to drink from (that weren't even replaced), no means to eat food in the room and a coffee machine that well produces something???

The market place on the third floor was a waste of space and we even resorted to walking down the street to buy supplies. Millie's too provided terrible food and the service matched.

Even the hotels concierge was rude and gave out advice that we found hard to trust.

This hotel is in dire need of a makeover and 2 out of the 4 lifts still are not working.

The only good thing about this hotel is the less than 10 minute walk to Disneyland resort and they will store your bags - but don't expect anyone to provide any service. I have stayed at similar class hotels near Orlando FL, Fiji and Sydney Australia and this one was the worst.

• Liked — Location to Dinseyland
  • Disliked — The room
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California's Central Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

Noise level, especially the howling wind was never ending here. Good location quite near Disneyland, if that is the purpose of your visit. If it is not, consider elsewhere for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!