“Solo 1-day Park Hopper” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Antiquing, Dining, Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the place where imagination is the destination. For young and old, big and small — it's the happiest place on earth! Come build memories with your family that last a lifetime as you discover the wonder of this magical, fantastical world. When you enter the lands that comprise Disneyland Park, stories come to life around you, immersing you in tales from some of your favorite Disney films.
Quezon City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Solo 1-day Park Hopper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

What a great day at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure!

Most people say that doing 2 parks in 1 day is not possible. But my 1-day experience was well worth the ticket price.

I did Disneyland Park first and was at the gates before 8am. I looked around Downtown Disney before the park opened. I think I got lucky because once the park opened, I got to ride Star Tours and Space Mountain without any lines yet.

I kept moving forward, riding all the rides I passed by next. When I got a bit winded, I took the train and enjoyed the sights. Rode a few more rides then finally decided to have my lunch at the French Market Restaurant. Fantastic and filling!

While burning off my meal I walked down by the lakeside. Even on a Saturday on a Summer day, it felt dreamy.

Was able to ride Indy, Pirates, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion after lunch.

Then at around 2pm I walked over to California Adventure. A kind lady offered to give me her fast pass to Tower of Terror! How lucky!! Again, all the rides didn't take more than 30mins. I even got to ride Screamin' Over California twice! I also got to witness the full parade which was fun and relaxing.

At night time, I then hurried over to Disneyland to catch the 2nd show of Fantasmic. What a great show! Words are not enough!! Then, while watching the fireworks, I made my way to California Adventure to watch the 2nd show of World of Color. I watched both shows in 1 day!! Both shows were really magical!!

I strolled over to Disneyland again since it closes later than California Adventure. I was winding down and just enjoying the sights at night. But if you're with someone, you could go Swing Dancing at the Fantasy Faire stage. I just watched the happy couples and gave my better half a call. :-)

Overall, for a solo trip, I had great fun. Of course there was viber to share my photos with my better half just to share the experience. But during the trip, there were a lot of friendly faces and nice people to take your photos too! Not to mention the great staff of Disney who was always eager to help and give tips!

If you have a day to spare during a business trip in California, a park hopper ticket is well worth it. Oh, to make swiping your pass easy breezy, make sure you bring a lanyard with a plastic slot to place your ticket. It made some park-goers lives easier. I made do with keeping my pass in my mobile phone case. :-)

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“All time favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love this place. It is one of my all time favorite places to go. I try to go at least once a year. Perfect of a date, family, and friends.

Visited February 2013
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Never too old for Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to Disneyland a few years ago as a teen with my parents and I absolutely loved it! This time I came with my boyfriend who has never been. I am a big kid so I knew I would love it!!! But my partner isn't so much, so I was a little worried he wouldn't enjoy it as much as me. I was completely wrong!! Even though he's not big on cartoons and kids rides he really enjoyed himself and mainly how much fun I was having made it even better for him. We had 2 days for Disney and I feel it wasn't enough hahaha. We still got to see everything we wanted to see and go on all the rides but there's so much to see and do I know we would have missed something! The parade was great and the fireworks where good too. My best advice would be to take advantage of fast passes! As lines are long and they do move quickly but you have more time to explore when you have a set time to get straight on the ride- especially Indiana jones ride, which is the best :)

Visited August 2013
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Loved!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

What's not to love!!! Nothing like being a kid at the most wonderful place in the world!! California Adventure park has two awesome rides that I enjoyed so much, Soaring California and Cars Land. It was so much fun being a kid at 58 and I can't wait to do it again!!!

Visited December 2012
Vietnam
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic place for the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having heard so much about this place we just had to go.
I must say however that the one disappointment for me was that everywhere you turned there were shops selling memorabilia.
If you look past that however it is a great place that lives up to the expectations of many kids and times their smiling faces everywhere you turn (except for the ones who have fallen asleep) that is priceless

Visited September 2013