“Magic and Pure Joy” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Dining, Shopping, Antiquing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the place where imagination is the destination. For young and old, big and small — it's the happiest place on earth! Come build memories with your family that last a lifetime as you discover the wonder of this magical, fantastical world. When you enter the lands that comprise Disneyland Park, stories come to life around you, immersing you in tales from some of your favorite Disney films.
Sacramento, California
7 attraction reviews
“Magic and Pure Joy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just got back from Disneyland and California Adventure Park on a 4 day park hopper. Five adults (four of them over 50) and three kids ages 3, 6 and 11 and we all enjoyed every minute of it. Sure you get tired, sure it is expensive and there are lines for the really good rides but you have to expect that when going to Disneyland. We never waited more than 30-35 minutes per ride and while that may sound like a lot to some people it is actually a good break and time to talk and get excited. The food is dang expensive and we didn't plan very well or else we would have packed more of our own food and not spend $10 on a mediocre sandwich. We stayed 8 hours each day and were pooped at the end but it was worth it and memories made that will last a lifetime. We could see the fireworks from our condo but we did stay late one night until closing to watch. Be ready, it is packed. There must have been 10,000 people standing with us to watch but boy we couldn't have asked for a better show. Pure mayhem leaving the park after the fireworks but we knew that would happen. Use the fastpass ticket system so you don't have to wait in line so long. The new cars ride is the most popular and we waited about 35 just to get the fast pass! Be aware that you cannot normally have two fast passes at the same time. So don't try to get a bunch of them right away as we did and had to wait until the first pass time passed until we could get the next one. Soaring over California is awesome. We went on that three times and there was virtually no line. Splash Mountain is awesome as well. I don't do crazy rides but the kids loved Tower of Terror and Screamin California rollercoaster. Both parks are so much fun. Just be prepared for crowds and lots of $$$$. Also, try to get on the rides during the nighttime parades and fireworks as there is hardly anyone in line. Take a backpack or don't be afraid to take a larger purse as I was and wish I had taken a bigger bag better packed for the younger kids for food and stuff. I saw all kinds of people taking bigger bags on the rides with no problem. Bring your own food, sunscreen and good walking shoes. Oh yeah, lots and lots and lots of strollers and motor scooters. They kind of get in your way all through the park. And we saw all kinds of characters and were able to get our own pictures (don't bother paying their high prices). Just get in line ASAP as soon as you see the characters somewhere as the lines grow quickly. We just ran up to them and were able to take our own pics and get in and out in a jiffy except for the Princesses line which was way long and with three princesses at a time and taking 15 minutes for each kid, we didn't wait. One day is never enough and it gets cheaper each additional day for the ticket so well worth buying the three or four day hopper. Layer clothes, it can be really warm during the day and after the sun sets it is cold. We had a blast. Can't wait to go again. Not overrated at all but you need to know what to expect. It is still the Happiest Place on Earth!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“where is the enchanted world?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

we were a little disappointed by our visit, as we expected to enter the enchanted world, but found lots of roller coasters etc.
Tomorrow land is terrible.
Fantasy world is not enjoyable at all with little kids, it should be named Scary world. Not one ride is without a scary monster or witch.
The mountain ride is nothing great.
Mickey's town is very cute and nice.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Always Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Love Disneyland. Even in August, when it's crowded and hot, the atmosphere is cheerful and fabulous. Amazing staff, fun rides and magic all around.

Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
10 attraction reviews
“Disney Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

What's not to like? It's Disneyland for crying out loud... I really like the saloon where they have the stage shows in Frontierland for lunch. I did notice that the characters were harder to come by than in my previous Disneyland experiences...

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles
“Great attractions, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have an annual pass, my daughters love Disney's attractions, I generally recommend it. Unfortunately, with the annual pass i have seen how the service deteriorates over time. The last experience was that a dance event was closed early. Would not be a big deal except the service agent said it was because the DJ left early! My little daughters were very disappointed, so I went to file a complaint and I was told I could NOT file a complaint, but I could give a suggestion. A complaint is a complaint and I cannot be told not to file it, if internally it's categorized in any other way, that's another issue, but I have a complaint and no internal process at Disney can change that. So here it is, in writing.