“Great last minute dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steakhouse 55

Steakhouse 55
1150 Magic Way, Disneyland Hotel, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Disneyland)
714 781-3463
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: Begin your day of magic with a relaxing breakfast of steak and eggs, eggs benedict, huevos rancheros or one of the healthful menu choices. Kids can dig into Mickey-shaped pancakes or a just-right sized serving of scrambled eggs.At dinner, start your meal with the famous Seven Onion Soup or one of the fresh salad selections. Tender cuts of certified Angus beef seasoned with the restaurant's signature rub are definitely the focus of the menu, but you can also order one of the fresh seafood choices or delectable lamb, pork or chicken. Guests 21 and older can select a bottle of wine from the extensive wine list or have our sommeliers expertly pair wines with their meal. Don't forget to complete your meal with one of our signature desserts. Prix-fixe and children's menus are available. The private Oak Room may be reserved for parties of up to 24 Guests.
Felton, California
“Great last minute dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We missed our reservations at another restaurant so we checked to see if Steakhouse 55 would take us. The place is classy and we loved the old Hollywood movie stars on the wall. Our server was Whitney and she gave some great wine suggestions for the meals. She even brought out a couple of tastings. I had the prime rib and Au Gratin potato stack. My husband had the rib eye.

We had to try out the famous chocolate cake and it lives up to the hype! Delicious meal, excellent service and worth the price.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Mexico
“Mashed potatoes or baby food??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked a reservation at this restaurant because I was staying at the Disneyland Hotel and spent the day on Catalina Island so we wanted a dinner in the hotel after our long day on the Island. Our reservation was for 7:45 and our boat from Catalina was running about 15 minutes late so I called and notified them we were running late (It was a Sunday night). The person on the phone (not from the restaurant, just Disneyland resorts employee) was short with me and indicated that my reservation would only be held for 5 minutes beyond my reservation time which surprised me since it was a Sunday night. At any rate, we arrived at 8:00 and were made to wait about 10 minutes in some undesireable lobby area. I assumed the wait was because we were late and they were working to accomodate us. However, when we were taken to our table there were at least 10 empty tables in the restaurant.

After we were seated a bus boy began cleaning a neighboring table and made so much noise banging dishes and silver ware around we couldn't hear each other speak. Next, I ordered and ice tea and it was delivered to me without a teaspoon so I requested a tea spoon and was told that they didn't have any and was offered a coffee spoon instead. I shared a salad with my mother that was the most expensive one on the menu, the Steakhouse Salad. It consisted of iceberg lettuce, ranch dressing and some other flavorless veggies. I ordered prime rib (medium rare) and lobster tail. The prime rib was flavorless and I had to add large amounts of salt to make it edible, the lobster was nice and large but didn't taste particularly fresh and was slightly overcooked. The mashed potatoes could easily be mistaken for baby food. They had the same consistency as baby food (artifically flavored, luke warm and pasty). I thought they might have come from a box. My mother ordered a filet (medium) that was very tough and flavorless and she too had to cover it in salt (a condiment she rarely uses).

On the brighter side the service was good (not excellent) and the night before we had dinner at Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel which was truly a remarkable dining experience. Hope this helps.

Visited June 2013
Moreno Valley, California
“Food was good, BUT...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The shrimp appetizers were amazing in the spicy sauce. The food presentation was perfect when our meal was given to us. The problem was that the two baked potatoes we were given were both lukewarm like they had been under a lamp. The butter would not melt when we put it on the potato. Then both of the prime ribs that we received we both the same. They were not hot and lukewarm at best. When we ordered we asked for rare on one of them and medium well on the other. We were told that since it was later in the evening they did not have any rare steaks left. That should have been our clue that they were pre-cooked and not made to order. We knew that it was not going to be rare, but never for the price we were paying did we expect the food to not be hot. We asked to have the potato's switched, which they did with no problem. We ate the prime rib's since we did have the juice to dip they into which was a better temperature. The pork chop and steak that we got were perfect and actually the best the others in the party had ever had in their life (actual quotes from them). Maybe it was just the timing of our meal on the prime ribs since we did eat after 9 PM.

Visited June 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
“24 Layer Chocolate Cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was the only reason we ate there. I saw a youtube video of the dessert chef making the 24 layer chocolate cake. We went and indulged in a slice. One slice feed three of us. It was excellent!

Visited May 2013
Napa, California
“Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went there for our anniversary, it was a beautiful restaurant. The food was excellent, the service was great, reasonably priced.

Visited September 2012