You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Receive $50 Daily Credit!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Diego, United States
“Wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Not overly satisfied due to reasons previously stated. Room not properly cleaned, poor reception on TV, torn cover on bed, all pillows not on bed, lotion in bathroom not restocked. Need to check and replace items such as room service info as pages were worn and spotted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
My sincere apologies for the problems you experienced during you recent stay. The issues you have referenced have been addressed with our housekeeping supervisor and housekeeping staff. I have been assured this will not happen again. I do hope that you will consider staying with us during your next visit to The Napa Valley. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly for assistance with future reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Camarillo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A very nice property that I enjoyed for the most part. I was on business and thinking about how nice it would be to bring my wife with me. I'm sure she would've enjoyed the soothing grounds and decidedly pleasant dining experience at the on-site restaurant. But then I retired to the room to get some work done and was jolted back to reality by the poor internet connection. It started out pokey, then vanished altogether. It felt like I was stranded on a deserted island, unable to prepare for the next day's meeting. OK, it wasn't quite that bad, but you business travelers know what I mean. This is the place for me if I'm on a leisure trip. On business, I'll probably take my work to Starbucks....

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

My apologies for the sub-standard internet connection you experienced. Both Hilton and DoubleTree understand the importance of high speed internet and realize the quality of internet service today’s business traveler is expecting. For this reason, StayConnected was created, a dynamic partnership between Hilton and AT&T. In my opinion, one of the most impressive features of StayConnected is the twenty-four hour a day guest service hotline. I have yet to hear of a situation that the StayConnected guest service team was not able to quickly resolve. In the future should you again experience HSIA problems, I can assure you a call to StayConnected will quickly remedy your situation. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Third Visit. I will continue to come back on business and for pleasure. Access to Napa Valley (Wine country) is excellent, as well as, the overall Bay Area.

Thank you Double Tree for the quality service and for making my visit there a pleasure.

Best Wishes for the Future!

Room Tip: Choose the ground floor if you desire ready access to services and/or activities. Choose the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments; it’s very rewarding to know our staff made your visit a pleasure. That is what we strive to do and knowing that we accomplished our objective makes us very happy! We hope to welcome you again very soon!
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The location is convenient if you have a car as it's located on hwy 29 which runs through Napa. The hotel is at the "gate" of the napa valley so you will need to drive at least 15 minutes to get to Napa and at least 25 minutes to get to Yountville. The drive is very nice though. When you come back in the afternoon try to avoid the rush hours (4-6pm) during week days.
We stayed in a ground floor room with view on the pond. The room was spacious and clean. Same thing for the restroom. the big door/window allows lots of natural light to enter the room, which is very nice.
The internet connection was working just fine.
The staff was very nice and helpful. They gave us nice recommendation about nearby winery and some coupon as well.
We only had one issue: the room was not done at 5.30 pm when we came back. The very next we notified the hotel about this inconvenience before leaving for the day and when we came back in the afternoon the room was done.
We did not hear noise coming from the streets. Only the sound of the animal leaving in the pond which is kind of cool and relaxing.
Breakfast was average. nothing special. There's some nice bakeries around that I'd recommend to go instead of paying for the breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as your room was not made up in a timely manner. I understand our housekeeping department was a little short staffed that day and running behind their normal schedule. This is not typical of the level of service we endeavor to provide. Next time you stay with us, please be my guest for our signature Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast®, I can assure you, it will be anything but average. In fact, it will be great!
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is nice and new, all rooms are nicely equipped and clean. The front desk staff is not always very welcoming (at least not while I was there) and they charged me for requesting extra water to my room. I get it....you are "conserving" but I have stayed at a Hyatt for a week and asked for water every single day....they have not once noted charging me and are more than happy to deliver to my room. Simply not a welcoming hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hotel is beautiful, but that's about it. Couldn't sleep because of their landscape pound filled with frogs singing at night; experience about this hotel was mediocre. Definitely won't go back, and I wouldn't bother if I were you. Stay somewhere else!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am sorry that you did not find the soothing sounds of our lagoon frogs relaxing. We do have many rooms away from the lagoon that will provide a noise free environment for absolute rest and relaxation. I invite you to give us another opportunity to showcase our beautiful hotel in a manner that you will get the rest you deserve. Perhaps a signature massage in our award winning Spa Gaia is in order. Please come back as my guest and I will personally place you in a room that will provide a noise free zone for ultimate relaxation.
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'm start with positive notes... The room was larger than expected and clean and normal for a Doubletree.. Bed was comfortable, pillows great and comforter all in all slept well on the bed... Breakfast was basic and adequate. Made to order omelet was great as well. Eco friendly hotel as well, a plus... The fridge is hidden under the TV...

There isn't much around the hotel except for a Wall-mart up the street and a small casino next door... Napa is a good 15 minute drive north and Vallejo 6 minutes south of the hotel...

Jacuzzi heater pump broke over the weekend so was disappointing couldn't relax as I enjoy that after a long day of work, anyways... The only real downside was trying to relax at 8pm in the evening and a staff member vacuuming the hallway carpet. ( I was sleeping after getting up at 4am to start my day) What started off as a high pitched whine and got louder and louder until it was outside my door and I called the front desk to ask if they could ask him to stop since it was 8pm. Their response. "He's probably almost done". I once again asked politely for them to stop. IT was extremely annoying at that time of night. Also when people shower the water heaters or something that controls the water flow to the showers are located in the wall without insulation or something and if you are near room 210 stay away, it's broken and you can hear what sounds like water gushing and more high pitched squealing noises all the way down to room 218 and around... Hopefully they fixed it. I had to record it on my phone to prove to the front desk the noise levels...

Even though there are train tracks on the back side of the hotel, no trains passed in the 3 days I was there which I was slightly concerned about but the front desk staff guaranteed me that it's rare for a train to pass...

I left for a meeting at 8 and returned at 5 to find my room was still not serviced. I had to leave for 30 minutes for them to clean...

These are all minor issues most likely. The noise was a problem though, not sure how it is for other sides of the building or floor.

I didn't eat dinner or lunch at the restaurant and the pool was heated but small and lacked towels or chairs really to lay out in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I do apologize that your stay was less than perfect. Your feedback is taken very seriously and was addressed at a recent department head meeting. Moreover, our department managers will take your comments back to their respective staffs and further discussion and action for improvement will ensue. Our team is constantly looking for ways to do it better. The Jacuzzi has been repaired. In fact, we replaced the heater which will insure no further problems for years to come. The vacuuming situation you experienced was completely unacceptable and appropriate communication had been delivered as needed. I again apologize for the sub-standard stay your experienced. I do hope you will give us another chance and will contact me personally to assist you with your future reservations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines
Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
BEST WESTERN PLUS Elm House Inn

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
Our Hotel: Begin your Napa Valley adventure at the DoubleTree. The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley is the perfect Northern California hotel for exploring Napa wineries, holding corporate retreats, hosting fabulous Napa Valley weddings or making lifetime family vacation memories. Our environmentally conscious, LEED-certified hotel in American Canyon, CA, is only 45 minutes north of Oakland International Airport (OAK) or 60 minutes north of San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Spa Gaia: Spa Gaia is a world-class day spa which is part of California’s first fully environmentally sustainable "green" hotel, DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley – American Canyon. Decorated with a tropical Balinese atmosphere, Spa Gaia offers traditional and contemporary healing and relaxing spa therapies which will provide our guests the beauty of rejuvenation and a thoroughly enjoyable spa experience. Spa Gaia is a unique fusion of "East meets West." Our spa menu honors both the ancient wisdom and rituals that have been handed down for generations in the East, and blends the latest skin care and healthy lifestyle research emerging from the West. Our philosophy is to pamper you with world-class spa treatments that also include indigenous to our fertile Napa Valley. DoubleTree comfort and convenience: Our full service Napa area hotel guest rooms and suites feature modern conveniences, stylish decor, eco-friendly bath products and all the Doubletree comforts you love. Enjoy in-room entertainment, generous work surfaces and dual-line phones, our luxurious Sweet Dreams® bedding and complimentary high-speed internet access. Our guests also have full use of many hotel amenities and services, including: •Sparkling outdoor pool and whirlpool surrounded by a tranquil lagoon •Fitness Center by Precor® •In room dining (6:00 am - 11:00 pm). Resort style hotel accommodations in Napa Valley. While there is no shortage of exquisite nearby tasting rooms and dining establishments in Napa Valley, rest assured that when you choose to dine in at the Doubletree you'll thoroughly enjoy the cuisine at our Gaia hotel restaurant. In keeping with a sustainable focus, we serve a variety of fresh, locally-grown and organic dishes sure to please every palate. Don't forget to start the day right with our extensive DoubleTree Breakfast Buffet. Pore over a library full of interesting reads and make yourself at home in our inviting lobby. For your convenience, wireless HSIA is available in all hotel public areas. Have a massage or facial. Set a tee time – we're minutes away from several challenging public and private Napa Valley golf courses. Our convenient American Canyon location and plentiful recreational amenities are perfectly suited for business or leisure travel to Napa Valley. Plan your next event at our Napa Valley hotel. Considering a Napa Valley retreat, conference, training seminar or reward package? The Doubletree Napa Valley - American Canyon Hotel & Spa has over 4,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet facilities including two magnificent ballrooms, state-of-the-art audio visual equipment and a well-equipped Business Center. Our creative catering services and a professional staff will anticipate your needs and flawlessly execute your next successful Napa Valley business meeting, reception, destination wedding or gala social event. Enjoy Northern California from our Doubletree Hotel and Spa: Take a Napa bike tour, hot air balloon adventure or helicopter ride. Board the Napa Valley Wine Train or visit any of hundreds of wineries offering daily tours and tastings. Our American Canyon hotel is close to many Napa Valley attractions, as well as family fun favorites like Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Jelly Belly Factory and the Infineon Raceway. We're also well situated for day trips to Northern California destinations like the Petrified Forest, Golden Gate Bridge or Old Sacramento. Whether business, vacation, or weekend getaway brings you to Napa Valley, our caring hotel staff looks forward to welcoming you with our signature, warm DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie at check-in. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Hotel Gaia Napa Valley
Gaia Napa Valley American Canyon

If you own or manage DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.