“Nice rooms and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Main St, American Canyon, CA 94503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Pleasanton, California
“Nice rooms and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Feb.22 to Feb 24th for the 24hrs of LeMon car race at the Sonoma raceway. The room was good size, updated decor,free good breakfast and had a small gym.
The location is great its next door to restaurants, super Walmart, and about 15-20 mins drive to downtime Napa. Its 10 mins to Vallejo, fairgrounds and amusement park.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Room had all the usual amenities of this chain. Room was not a suite and there was no microwave oven in the room, But it was clean and had plenty of space. Breakfast area is as the photos show it: large and in order.
Upon check in I showed them my Priority Rewards card. The only slight issue was when I entered my room it was a handicapped access room and I hate the bathrooms in those rooms. There is no bathtub, just a shower and curtain (so it is easy for a handicapped person) but the whole bathroom floor gets wet. Those who have used one know. I went back to the front desk with my luggage and he mentioned my reservation was "based on availability". He found me a room that wasn't handicapped access. If they were crowded, I would have been stuck in the first room which I hate. So much for being a Priority member. I booked online with a discount website, perhaps that's the issue.
Right next door are several restaurants and another block away are some stores, so that is very convenient.
Wifi worked fine. I didn't try the pool or business center.

Room Tip: If you pay for a suite you'll get a sofa and perhaps a microwave oven and a refrigerator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very nice staff; breakfast attendant is especially so. Decent size rooms; some are suites which include microwaves and refrigerators. Room rate includes breakfast in a breakfast room (not a restaurant), which is very good. Fitness room is small and not great; a nearby gym offers day passes; ask hotel if discounts are available. Small, but adequate business center. Located in a shopping center which is anchored by a Wal-Mart. Several counter service restaurants within walking distance so one can get a snack or beverage without needing to drive. Plenty of free surface parking. A bit far from Napa if that is one’s destination, but great for American Canyon and Vallejo.

BOTTOM LINE: Excellent value, but non-descript.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Quincy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We needed to spend a week in the area and found this pet friendly hotel. The front desk was helpful with some needs of ours. The breakfast was pretty good, I really liked the automatic pancake machine! Room was very nice but lacked a table and chairs for eating in. Several restaurants and shopping directly next door.

Room Tip: Pet rooms are only downstairs which I would prefer anyway. Be prepared to pay a $50 non-refundable f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a 3 night excursion to Sonoma/Napa to visit a friend who works at Repris winery and go visit our friend who works for the Oakland Raiders and go to a game on Sunday! We booked our trip to the Holiday Inn Express using points. It was a really nice hotel! Nice people and the suite room was beautful. Couldn't ask for a better choice of hotels!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
san diego california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This stop was on our NoCal road trip and proved to be a good choice. In mid-August every hotel in Napa was $300+ (even the so-so ones) so definitely a good value as we had to be in Napa and St. Helena. We booked through hotel.com.This is a new property, so the facility is fresh. The room was not large, but very comfortable for 4 and clean.

Since this is a 'suites' hotel, I had checked that they had laundry on site and decided in advance this would be where I was going to do our weekly wash, while the family swam in the pool (it was very hot out). Upon check-in, the front desk clerk told me that unfortunately the laundry was broken and she hoped I was 'ok' with that. I told her my saga, that THIS was the spot for me to do wash, and she called the manager. He told me not to worry, but to bring up my wash to the front desk and they would wash it for me in their housekeeping facility while they fixed the guest laundry. I took them up on it and brought my first load up front. In the meantime, a knock came at my door that the guest facility was repaired. I stopped by the front desk on my way for change and he filled my hands with at least $8-$10 worth of quarters and said 'let us take care of the cost for you'!! My family enjoyed the lovely pool, I got my work done and my first load of laundry was delivered by housekeeping, folded and fresh.

As for the rest of the experience - my kids loved the breakfast - there were many choices and the hotel was full, so it was a little busy, but not bad. My only small issues were that the internet was so slow it was almost unusable (not sure if it was just our room's location or due to the hotel being busy) and, in these new facilities, they don't have ice makers on each floor so we had to take the elevator up a floor multiple time to get ice. We assumed it was to deter people from filling their ice chests as we were on the first floor (away from the road, so no noise).

Overall it was a very pleasant stay - lovely accommodations and excellent service for a value hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montebello, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I know this hotel is newer in the area, so I expected it to be nice--but it was actually even better than I had hoped for. I used Hotwire to secure an excellent rate and later called the hotel to ensure we would have two beds and a room facing away from the highway (thanks to reading other reviews on Trip Advisor). The room was impeccably clean and we even had a couch! It was on the second floor and faced some mountains and the nearby condo complex. It was only a little loud when I opened the window because there is an active lumber mill operating 9-5 (but if you keep the window closed, it's quiet).

The hotel is also adjacent to any affordable and casual dining choices, like Panda Express, Round Table, and Sonic. Fortunately we didn't need to venture out for breakfast--the one at this Holiday Express is pretty awesome (I can say this because a few days later we were disappointed by the Monterey Bay HIE breakfast). The employee handing breakfast takes much pride in her work, keeps everything replenished, cleans everything up right away, and generally makes breakfast run all on her own. Kudos to get for a job well done (we stayed three days & were genuinely impressed with her dedication to her job).

I'll definitely stay here again. Everything you need is in walking distance and traveling out to either Sonoma or Napa is easy. I also like that its casual, friendly, and has plenty of parking. It was the best hotel on our 10-day trip, and although I also am fond of the Doubletree just down the street--I like this hotel even better for the value, cleanliness, service, free coffee all day long, free wi-fi, and free breakfast. I paid something like $80 a night, so I feel this hotel surpassed my expectations and I think other travelers will find it pleasant as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway (quiet room).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!