“Nice for a Napa/Sonoma trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Main St, American Canyon, CA 94503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Oslo, Norway
“Nice for a Napa/Sonoma trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for our trip to wine country. Very nice facilities, clean and big rooms. Staff was very friends. Breakfast was ok, nothing out of the ordinary but fills your belly for free. Internet was unstable and super slow.
No real restaurants in the area, but the pizza place next door was very good!
Free parking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Unfortunately it's been about 2-3 weeks since my stay that I forgot the gentlemen's name at the front desk, I want to say it was Tyler? I arrived at night, after 10pm, and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. When I got to the room I noticed there were 2 Queen beds instead of the 1 King bed I ordered, he advised that all rates were the same and management had made some adjustments. Whatever the case was, his answer was satisfactory, and it kept everything serene and tranquil still. Slept well, good selection of TV channels, and it was glad to get toothpaste from the Front Desk, instead of walking a mile to the Wal Mart. Woke up to HOT breakfast in the morning. Eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, individual milks, fruit, the whole schbang! Very pleased with my hotel experience, will come back again if need be :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

You can't go wrong with this property! Close to everything....and walking distance to a plaza that has a Starbucks!

Room Tip: Not near the Stair Exits...very loud doors..... Room walls are a little Thin....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently for business. As with all hotels, there are pros and cons. Unfortunately, I think the cons outweigh the pros on this one... I'll start with the pros first:

Pros:
Hotel is clean and staff is frendly. Upon check-in, hotel staff informed us of the amenities and what's in the area. Very knowledgable and friendly staff. The restaurants and the vineyards that they recommend...top notch! The complimentary breakfast was like any other Holiday Inn Express breakfast - very plentiful and is satisfactory. The hotel is at a convenient location. Walmart is a 5 minute walk away, and there are plenty of fast-food restaurants next to it if you don't have a car. If you have a car, excellent restaurants are only about 20 minutes away.

Cons:
- The Air Conditioner was LOUD!!!!! Like a 747 taking off! I wondered why my next door neighbor had the TV blasting until I turned on the A/C and did the same so that I can hear the TV. To think, I was blaming them for being inconsiderate!
- The internet access was slow! The hotel offers wired and wireless internet access. On a crowded night, when I suspect a lot of people are surfing, wireless was virtually "no access." I wired up my laptop and it was still slow. I did a speedcheck and it was 0.25 Mbps downloading and 0.03 Mbps uploading. I was there on business and there was no way to get work done in this manner.
- The first night I got there, I had 3 bath towels. I used 2 the first night, and housekeeping staff removed the 2 without replacement. I used the last one the second night, and housekeeping staff removed the last one without replacement. On my third night, I had to call to get a few bath towels at 11pm. It's basic, and that's why I'm mentioning it. I can understand forgetting to replace towels for one night, but for two??
- If you sleep light, try to get a room that does not face CA-29. The traffic goes on 24/7. But then again, between noise from the traffic and the A/C, don't expect sleep on a hot night if you're a light sleeper.

All in all, there are plenty of hotels in the area, and most of the people who go there drive. If I repeat my trip, I don't think I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The convenience, staff, and the cleanliness is great. But if I am there for business, I couldn't (and didn't) get any work done. Even for leisure, I'd think twice with the A/C and the slow internet. YMMV.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear eyl1819,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our clean and convenient location as well as found our staff to be knowledgeable and friendly. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the internet connection, level of noise and housekeeping service caused you. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these with the proper department to improve the quality and service that we offer to our guests. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel is very clean and a great location for going to the wine country. The staff is very helpful and in knowledgeable in all thing "wine country". The breakfast was pantiful and served in a very comfortable atmosphere.

Room Tip: Going to Wine Country?
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The property is clean, rooms are quiet. Avoid room #201 though, "high speed (if they want to call it that) internet is unuseable. Centrally located in the Sacramento valley and Napa wine country (though Sanoma makes better wines in my humble opinion).

Room Tip: Don't get an end room, poor internet comnections.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel for our stay at napa valley. From here it was a enjoyable drive to napa downtown and the premium outlets at napa and vacaville. The hotel was also located within walking distance to Walmart and Starbucks nearby. There are also Safeway and restaurants around that area. The room is small but reasonable for the price we paid. However the loud aircon noise at night is a real disturbance. Breakfast was decent with the good spread. We also made use of the self laundry facilities. One improvement the hotel can do here is to put up signs on the approximate timing for the washing machine and dryer like what we saw at Hyatt. We made a few trips to the laundry room just to check if the laundry has been completed. Overall we enjoyed our stay but may book other hotels nearby until the air con issue is resolved.

• Stayed February 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear eatshopeatshop,

I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. While you noted our location and breakfast of the hotel as being positives, I was sorry to hear some aspects in the room did not meet your expectations. While I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the not so good comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made. Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!