“Loved It!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Albany, NY
“Loved It!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was jonsing some good Mexican, so my colleague and stopped by here. He had been the restaurant before but never stopped by. We sat on the outside patio, it was a great night and enjoyed the chips and salsa. I had the fish tacos which were great. Guac was spot on, his steak looked excellent. I can't wait to go again when I'm back in town on business. Service was friendly and prompt, prices are very reasonable.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

California
“my favorite Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I eat here regularly. Weekday lunches are packed so I go on the weekends when it's not crowded. I love everything I've had on the menu but I always come back to the fish tacos and the frijoles. My friend, who is from Mexico swears by the chilaquiles and my mom loves the enchiladas. The hot dishes are always served piping hot, which I love, and the salsa is great.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Clara, California
“If you want GREAT Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you want and need GREAT Mexican food you need to go to Maria Elena's. I have been eating here since the early 80's and have never had a bad dish!! Great place for lunch or dinner, and a great menu, lots of items to chose from.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bay Area, California
“Stick to meat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great Mexican food. Worth a stop. Tried the vegetarian tamale and would not reorder it. The spinach enchiladas were good though. Our server was friendly and funny. A true Alviso experience.

Calgary, Canada
“Reminded us of Mexico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently visited Maria Elena's for the second time. It does not look like much from the outside, but it certainly reminded us of numerous restaurants that we had seen in the Puerto Vallarta area of Mexico. The food is quite authentic compared to those places. We sampled various burritos and enchiladas, all of which were very tasty. The place is very popular for lunch. Even though there is a reasonably large seating area both inside and outside, if you do not get there early, you may have to wait quite a while. Prices are very reasonable with most items between 9-12 dollars. If you are looking for a real Mexican dining experience this place is worth looking for.

• Visited October 2013