“Internet sucks but room is ok” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Alturas
Sacramento
“Internet sucks but room is ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Hotel is older and smaller and dated but pretty much clean and OK. My big complaint was the internet service. It works for a minute or two then wont work at all. I had problems connecting with Google. If you need to do some work or just want to find a place for dinner on the internet it will take you longer than just asking the guy at a gas station. I tried for over an hour and my browser keep timing out before there internet works. so slower than dial up.

If you need to connect then try another place down the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Melody D, Manager at BEST WESTERN Trailside Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the internet, I sure hope you used our tech support service?!

We have business people stay with us all the time that do there work over the internet so I know how important having a good fast connection is.

I see that you enjoyed that we have clean rooms, we take great pride in this matter.

I hope that if you come to Alturas again you will give us another chance, and that this won't stop you from staying with us again.

Melody Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stopped for a night on a my way to eastern Oregon from the Bay Area. Very nice host and check-in, clean and pleasant room, comfortable bed, good self-serve breakfast. good price. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us, we are so glad you enjoyed the stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Melody Davis
yellowstone
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is probably the nicest place to stay in Alturas, that really isn't saying much. The staff was very nice! The hotel is a bit run down. Looks like it is used by Cal trans for their employees working the area. Which is fine... But it seems to be used more as a dormatory than for regular, passing through town guests. It was winter. We were charged about $110.00 for the night for my husband and teen child. The room seemed cool - but again, winter with a winter storm in town. Breakfast was the typical Best Western fair. Grab and go... If I am ever stuck in Alturas again, I would have to say I would stay here again. But not much else to choose from.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Auburn, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

The best thing I can say was the room was clean. BUT..
My mother and I had to make an emergency trip
to Alturas to assist with my now-terminally ill sister.
We had to cut our intended stay short to drive her to
the ER in Klamath Falls. Now we're told that we will
not be reimbursed as they "lost revenue" because
they turned people away from the ground floor room
we had, even though there were rooms available
on the second floor, apparently. Big convention
in town, I guess? Too bad they'll "lose revenue"
when others in our family will be coming
to town and will be advised to stay elsewhere. :)

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Melody D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Trailside Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for enjoying our clean room. As I explained to your mother on the phone that I needed to verify the credit card infromation since it was your mother's credit card. I was able to do this and credit back the stay. I was not able to do this with you since you hung up on me and no, there were no conventions in town but a lot of elder people traveling who do not want to climb stairs to get to there rooms.
Los Altos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

The BW trailside was a decent choice for our motorcycle trip to Seattle in late Oct. Check in was fast and effecient. Rooms are small and the lighting could be better the beds were comfy if not a bit soft. Breakfast was standard issue ceral, juice danish, etc. Riteaid pharmacy across the street for any incedentials. Just OK in a town that has very few lodging options.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Alturas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Used an 800 number for reservation and was charged $15 dollers more than my allocated Per Diem for the Alturas area.
Recieved my credit card bill and was charged $100 for cleaning fee for having a dog in my room....My dog was 300 miles away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Melody D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Trailside Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Stephen C,

In response to you review I want to thank you for letting people know that we take pet hair serious in non pet rooms for those people who have allergies to pet hair. You indeed was charged the extra fee because of the hair that was through out the room and bedding. What you fail to let the public know is after you contacted the hotel all charges was reversed back to your card.

We take cleanliness very serious and am sure that guest's are very happy that we do.

As far as the rate that you were charged, you initialed the rate at check in so that was the rate that was charged. When making reservations there is a $7.70 difference in Federal rate and State rate in our area. That was also reversed back to your card even though you initialed the rate.

We regret that you feel we are dispicable and cutthroat when trying to run a clean and honest hotel, when we tell guest's that we only allow pets in certain rooms.

M. Davis
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We weren't sure what we were going to get in this little town but were pleased with this place. Super nice guy at the desk when we checked in. He recommended a restaurant for us and he was right on in his recommendation. There were no street noises so it was very quiet. Clean room and well equipped for everything we needed. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Trailside Inn? Share your experiences!