“Great Place to Stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Alturas
Big Bear City, California
“Great Place to Stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on two different nights on our way to Washington and back. This is a must stay place...rooms are spotless, the owners best of the best and it is quiet. Of all the places we stayed on our travels, this was the best and I would suggest to anyone to book a room here. The wi-fi is great, the view is great and the air conditioner very quiet. Great place!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in room 8...the wi fi is great and the place is awesome
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very clean and modern rooms with many extras like coffee maker, big frig, microwave, flat screen TV, modern decore.

What really sets this motel apart from the rest is its' location. It is just outside the Alturas city limits. Beautiful views. It's really in the country. Look around the grounds and you'll see lots of nice features including Bar-B-Que area and a horseshoe pit. That rate for me was $55 for a single after tax.

The only thing I had trouble with was the wi-fi. It was just a touch to slow for what I need it for. I've had this problem before here even though the motel has several routers. But it will be adequate for most travelers.

But, all and all, very nice! The family owners take pride in what they provide - something I can hardly say about every motel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sandy, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Read the reviews here,and they were spot on. Three of us were on motorcycles headed to Yosemite, stayed here one night. Clean, quiet,staff was friendly, even giving us rags to wipe the bugs off our bikes, as noted in another review. The room was large enough with 3 beds to store our gear in. And you can't beat the price of $66/night for the room. I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hi gang,
Stayed here 6/13 for the last nite if my Idaho golf trip. My reservation here was for a king bed at $63/ nite. The motel is of the older variety, '50's vintage single story facility. They've done a wonderful job of adding more buildings, great remodeling, have a horse-friendly area in back for all who travel on horses. The room was pleasantly decorated, the bed had nice printed sheets and large pillows.....very comfy. Room was small (vintage) but with modern upgrades. One thing that bothered me was the laminated religious scriptures hung in a coupla paces. I'm respectful in supporting religious beliefs, but I don't care for the "in your face" presentation. .
Staff excellent/family owned, good parking, VERY quiet. I kept hearing the fridge cycle all nite, it messed with my sleep, but no other noise than that.
I ate dinner at Antonio's Cucina Italiana in town (1/2 mi) good food/good prices. I wanted ice before I left and was told to come to the office, but the office doesn't open until 8:30 am and I left at 6:30, so I found a motel along the way that was able to "accommodate" my needs. No mention of breakfast offerings in the morning, you'll have to ask. I'd definitely stay here again, you feel very welcome, rooms are good, location convenient and did I say quiet ?? Check it out, I'm sure it'll rival anywhere else in town.
Rich
Rich

Room Tip: Find a room in the back for max quietness.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
rimrockmotel, General Manager at Rim Rock Motel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We can't thank you enough for such a wonderful review and we hope to see you again. To add a correction, our office opens at 7 AM. Curious why 8:30 AM is stated.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

An authentic 50's looking motel that has been updated and maintained extremely well. We had a two bedroom unit for $70 and everything worked, including a great shower head, good pillows and two chairs. We will definitely go back. Rory, the manager, knows a lot about the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the awesome review.
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Bright, clean and quiet. Big windows that open. Efficient quiet heater. In room Wi-Fi. Great price.
We always missed this motel on our return trip to Canada because we turn toward Canby and Tule Lake and Klamath Falls and travel up highway 97 which is the most beautiful route. We are so glad we went a mile further and discovered this motel. We will be back next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ellensburg, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the cleanest, most comfortable independent I've stayed in...ever. Someone has done a first-cabin job of making an older motel feel new. If it was a house, you'd need to use the "pride of ownership' label used in the real estate market. Ditto all of the 5-point assessments made by previous guests of this place. Don't miss it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rim Rock Motel? Share your experiences!