“For Families and a Younger Crowd” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 things to do in Alpine
Alpine, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“For Families and a Younger Crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying the wife and I are not spring chickens. That being said, we recognize that the outlet stores are aimed at a young, more family oriented bunch. We were disappointed with the selections, especially at stores like the Nike store, where I could not find a shoe that I would wear in public. I can't blame them for targeting their audiences that buy from them. I would like to see some stores that are more for the mature buyer. We spend a lot of time (and money) in the kitchen goodies store because it is one of the few stores that carry items we can use.

We gave up on shopping for clothing there. We tried to find flannel shirts for the father in law, but the ones available were around fifty bucks. We ended up ordering them on line for a lot less.

One thing I will give kudos for: LOTS of places to sit and rest. Benches are outside many of the stores which is a real blessing to those old guys who do not wish to accompany their wives while searching for bras.There is a nice food court with indoor and outdoor seating. The Viejas Casino/Outlets always has some kind of themed event going on.

My assessment is if you are a young couple or family you will really enjoy the shopping. If you are more (Pick one: mature, ripe, ancient, OLD) be happy you are still kicking and enjoy watching the younger kids shop.

Visited October 2013

San Diego, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Casino shopping!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Viejas Outlet is a great addition to the casino and resort. The outlet is fun for the whole family. KIds will love to play in the water area. They also have a really cool water show in the evening. They have a few fast food restraunts and now a bowling alley. I like the shops there. They seem to always have some great deals. I have noticed in the past that sometimes some of the stores in numerous outlets dont have really good sales. I beleive a outlet should have the best prices. Not always true.
This one had some good sales in the stores we went into. I was a happy girl. Its really nice to walk around.
One other plus that I thought was so fun for the family was that they have a area where they play a movie in the evening! Free!!! People were on the grass and chairs with blankets watching a movie. ( I happened to go on the weekend. Not sure if they do this every night. )
Overall this is a nice outlet and if you are a viejas and win a jackpot why not go shopping. :)

Visited September 2013
Cheshire, UK
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Excellent shopping but come with a coat if coming from AZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Guidebooks talk about how AZ tourists to the coast tend to come under-dressed for the weather (can be up to 15 degrees cooler), this drop in temperature tends to happen as you ascend the heights on the I-8. Consequently when we got to the Viejas Outlets from Yuma & Tucson in April, we were freezing. Freezing to the extent that the shopping had to be curtailed somewhat, which was a shame as the bargains here seemed better than at the nearer outlets to LA like Outlets @ Orange and the Citadel. The outlets are good stop on a weekday when it isn’t busy – deserted in fact when we went – but not particularly well sign posted from the I-8 so follow signs for the Viejas Reservation exit. If you have young children, they have those interactive water fountains here too when the weather is warm which makes the stop acceptable to them too. Check their website for opening dates of these fountains.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 296 helpful votes
“The Outlet Mall has everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

By nature I'm not a shopper, I hate spending time in retail stores. While staying at Viejas, I couldn't resist looking at the outlets,

Started at Gap, and bought a ton of the cutest best clothing for a 14 month old little girl. I'm telling you I killed it, some at 70% off.

I almost can't wait to leave and get them to her, that cool. Lots of stores, tens of thousands of items to choose from just amazing, and no crowds.....

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“casino shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I like going to this mall around the holidays when they have the ice skating ring and chirstmas decorations up. In the evening, there is water and light show in the central courtyard with the fountains. It is easy drive from San Diego. It is right off Intersate 5. It has the usual retail shops normally found in outlet centers and several places to eat.

The layout is nice and blends in well with the suroundings. It you look a bit you can see a lot of Indian art motifs incorporated in the architecture. Parking is easy and there is plenty of it.

Visited December 2012