“Small but good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 46 Restaurants in Alpine
Los Angeles, California
“Small but good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Food was excellent, nothing more needs to be said. :) Service was a little pokey, but, additional staff come to the rescue. Fun to eat good food in an outlet store area.

Visited February 2014

Alpine, California
“happy hour is best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

the food is great. best time to go is happy hour. other times it is a little expensive. very clean. it has a great atmosphere. you don't feel rushed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Ok if you go during happy hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I went to Nori by chance because it's at the Viejas Outlets and we were hungry. I usually skip places that offer 50% off sushi or similar deals because it sounds like a good way to get food poisoning. I'm happy to report that I did not get sick, but I also don't think the food is worth it at full price.

Not all the sushi was discounted; there's a separate menu listing all the rolls that are part of the deal. The bf and I ended up getting 3 rolls and some nigiri. We got the california roll and two others I don't remember the names of, and the nigiri was salmon, shrimp, and two types of tuna. Out of everything, I liked the tuna nigiri the best. The rolls had too much rice but weren't terrible. Some of the rolls had a sweet and salty thing going on which I didn't like.

There was only one guy working when we got there. He was the host and server until another girl got there. More people started coming in and sitting down to eat while we were there, so the service got worse. The guy never gave me more water even though he gave everyone else refills. Not sure what that was about but whatever.

A lot of the bad reviews here seem to be about the long wait. I was apprehensive about that since I was hungry but it wasn't bad. Maybe it's because no one else was there, but we got our food in a timely fashion.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pine Valley, California
“Hard to find, but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very nice sushi bar, very good quality and good service. We tried a variety and every one was great. It's a storefront so it lacks charm but the interior is new and very nice.

• Visited June 2013