“Some things great - Some things not so great” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aliso Viejo
Solvang, California
“Some things great - Some things not so great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very fun looking hotel. We stayed here while visiting family in the same city. The room was nice but lacking in some areas. What? No bath mat? Also, only a shower and no tub. We had our 3 year old granddaughter with us and were not able to give her a bath. Also, the bed looked like it was going to be so comfy but the feather bed on top of the mattress just compressed after we laid on it and we wee left on a hard mattress.

In all fairness, the staff was wonderful. We got the AAA special deal that included breakfast for two and they didn't charge us extra for the breakfast voucher for our granddaughter. The food choices were many, including an omelet station. We were pleased with breakfast.

When we were searching for a hotel in the Alsio Viejo area, we found this and one other. If we needed to stay in a hotel in AV again, we would definitely stay here but ask for a room with a tub and request a bath mat - simple things!

Room Tip: Fourth floor was very nice but the promised "city view" was obstructed by a big palm tree...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Victoria, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed 4 nights. Let me start with the good: wonderful customer service at front check in desk and breakfast buffet. Very comfortable bed, linens, and overall accommodations. Not a fan of the bright color scheme for the hotel, but didn't impact my stay. Lol. Now the other: when I arrived on Sunday afternoon valets were no where to be found, with random cars parked and blocking ability to enter or exit. During my first night I heard the door next to my room open then slam several times; it literally shook the wall and woke me from a dead sleep. In the morning I noticed the door beside me was to a storage room. When the slamming started again on my second night, I counted 5 slams then stuck my head out and asked the young man if he would mind NOT slamming the door again. He was quite surprised and apologized. I stopped by the front desk at 7 am to suggest additional staff awareness or training for the convenience of those staying in these areas of the hotel. Did not hear a single slam nights 3 and 4. :). Accurate bill slipped under the door. Self parking couldn't be more convenient, and is clean and well light.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The rooms are clean, modern and the sports club etc seems great. However if a good night's sleep is what you want, don't stay here. You may as well all be in the room based on the soundproofing - this isn't about hearing loud TVs, you can hear someone COUGH next door. I felt like I was in the same room as the people staying next to me.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from any other guests.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Unfortunately, my stay was very short and I could not take advantage of all the amenities (sports club, pools, machines, etc.). I arrived late on a Wednesday night when the hotel was close to a sell-out, but they upgraded me. They had just unveiled a new menu at the bar and restaurant, which was great. Front desk and food and beverage personnel were great. The sports club was in use all night and early AM, it seemed. Will go back again when I can use more of the facilities. Guest room was clean and modern. Thanks to all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've been trying different hotels in the OC area for a few months of trips lately and the ClubSport rolled around this time. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly - so the basics were met. The room was sparsely decorated, but the bathroom was a bit odd: no towel racks and instead what looked like a book case in the corner used as towel storage. The shower was large and had a rainfall shower head - very nice. The focus here is definitely on the gym, as suggested in the name. I didn't have time to try it out on this trip, but it seemed huge and well-equipped. Ultimately what brought this hotel down from a 4 to a 3 was the lack of an executive / concierge lounge, although there is a nice breakfast buffet (free for Platinum members) to make up for it in the morning. Overall, probably a place I'd stay again with friends or family but would skip for a work trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here to attend a wedding at Dana Point. Centrally located between the coastal towns and the cities of Orange County it is mainly accessible by the 73 toll road. The hotel is modern with a sleek lobby and very well apointed rooms. Service was excellent from the moment we checked in and the comp buffet breakfast was great. Never saw so many healthy looking people in any hotel, perhaps because of the large health club attached to the property. Parking was in a structure across the front walkway and access to the adjoing towns was easy aftering figuring out the surface streets, freeways and toll road network. The beach towns are about eight miles to the west and there seems to be a lot small retail and cafes between the hotel and Laguna Niguel.

Stayed September 2012
Chandler, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night for a weekend gateway. Bed was very comfortable and the hotel overall was very clean. Location is on a very safe area, and very quiet also right by the toll freeway.

My only con is the price. A bit on the expensive side at $179/night, but it seems to compete more with luxury hotels. There's a complete gym, however they close at 10 and we unfortunately had not had a chance to use it. Also parking is 10 dollars a night.

Overall thought a decent hotel. Will stay again if there are deals on our next visit.

Room Tip: We choose a high level room, which gave a nice view of the hill-top.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo? Share your experiences!