We stayed here during a travel-baseball tournament in San Clemente (south). Not what we expected but def.top notch. Like another review it's hard to say if this is a health club with a hotel attached or a hotel with a health-sports-club theme. (the servers, house staff, etc. are in 'track suits'). Our room wasn't ready when promised but the outdoor patio area was fine to hang out in while we waited. (I think if they knew we were marriott rewards members it might have been ready...). When it was ready, the keys were delivered to us on the patio. One strange thing; you cannot get to the pool from the outdoor lounge. You have to 'check in' at the fitness desk (?) to walk through to the pool. Maybe another company actually runs the fitness facilities. We are not fitness buffs so didn't use the (huge) gym or work out club.
My husband visited the sauna and hot tub and said they were nice. But I can see how this type of place fits in the "OC" area. The 2 pools are large and well supervised for our 12-13 year olds. The rooms are nicely decorated (ultra sleek and modern IMO) but not to my taste. There was no fridge in the room; but we did ask a passing houseman for one and he sent one up. There are light-motion detectors in the room which was freaky when we got up in the night; but re-assuring at the same time. The bathroom is large but the "1/2 glass wall" in the shower doesn't keep the water in. Paying $10/day parking was a bit much (structure is a short walk away). The HIGHLIGHT was the included breakfast! we had to be out at 6:15am but the breakfast was hot, fresh and ready at 6am. Impressive spread.
The hotel is in a great location, just up the hill from a huge complex with movies, all kinds of restaurants, and various stores and a Trader Joes. We had dinner at a Japanese place and it was excellent.
Overall good experience but wouldn't stay again due to distance from San Clemente tournament, and the hotel's style... "Nice"... just not "us".
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Clubsport Aliso Viejo Hotel Aliso Viejo
- Renaissance Clubsport Aliso Viejo Hotel
- Renaissance Aliso Viejo
- Aliso Viejo Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Hotel creates an ideal blend of a full-service hotel and world-class sports club. Unique amongst hotels in the Aliso Viejo, Irvine and Laguna Beach areas, our guests will enjoy complimentary access to ClubSport, a 75,000 square foot facility offering a 12,000 square foot fitness floor, six group exercise studios, court sports, aquatic center and childcare services. Our hotel near Laguna Beach, CA creates a superb suburban spa-style hotel and fitness center while offering many resort-like amenities for our guests. Rejuvenate at the hotel's R-Spa, offering a variety of spa treatments. Our freshly modern Aliso Viejo bar/restaurant, Citrus Grill, serves locally-inspired American cuisine, including tapas style plates, tasty flatbreads, as well as fresh seafood and scrumptious desserts. Stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity available throughout our Aliso Viejo hotel. Experience true luxury and hospitality at the Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.