“Second Stay Changed My Mind” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Alhambra
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Second Stay Changed My Mind”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

For starters, this is the only "chain" hotel in Alhambra. If my only experience with this establishment was my first (November 2013) I would not necessarily say that this was a bad thing, but my most recent experience has changed my mind.

First, the good: check-in was painless, room was clean, and the air conditioning was cool. These things were appreciated.

However, there were many experiences that made my experience unpleasurable. Of these, the first was the Wi-Fi. It was unusable, to say the least. After check-in, I began streaming some music on my mobile device via the provided Wi-Fi. Sometime on the subsequent day, the music stopped. Upon further investigation, my mobile data had been being used and was now capped at my limit. I checked the wireless connection and it was minimal and frequently disconnected, meaning that my phone was constantly switching to 4G, which is what capped my data.

Next, I experienced banging sounds early in the morning (before 9AM). I later found out that these sounds were the housekeeping staff knocking their carts against the walls.

Last but not least, I was in the lobby on my day of departure for continental breakfast (July 6). While eating breakfast, I overheard the front desk agent assisting someone with making a reservation over the phone. The phone call was on speaker, meaning that everyone who was in the lobby at this time could here this phone call. The unsuspecting person on the other end of the phone spoke his first and last name, full credit card number, and expiration date all within earshot of a lobby full of people.

The reason that this shocked me was that I had made my reservation in the same fashion. Had someone overheard my information as well? The front desk agent had little disregard for the fact that this man's personal information was effectively being given to everyone in the room. "Gregory" (the man on the phone), I would like to apologize to you on behalf of this establishment for such blatant disregard for your personal information.

Needless to say, it is highly unlikely that I will be returning to this hotel for a third time and will instead go out of my way to stay outside of Alhambra and drive in instead.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Alhambra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The DVR Player was not hooked up to the TV. We rented a movie but could not see it. We called management but he could npot help. We wasted money on a good movie we could not see. Hotel staff said he would have IT Staff check into it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Valencia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The location was great ~ 1 block from "old town Alhambra"
wonderful places to eat ... 5 miles from USC hospital ... which was the reason for our stay.
BUT ~ the hotel is very basic ...small rooms, tiny bathrooms ... fair plumbing at best. A/C had a funky smell ...Construction across the street might hamper parking on the weekends .... all in all ~ you get what you pay for and we wanted economy not luxury for this trip !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alhambra
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Garden Inn Motel
Garden Inn Motel
#2 of 4 in San Gabriel
3.0 of 5 stars 6 reviews

Been to Los Angeles-Days Inn Alhambra? Share your experiences!