“Great Value, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Raymond Hotel

The Raymond Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alhambra
The Raymond Hotel
117 S Raymond Ave, Alhambra, CA 91801   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Alhambra
Birmingham, UK
“Great Value, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

At first I was sceptical because of the low price. The rooms are a good size and were clean. Housekeeping does a good job everyday, the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Unexpectedly pleasant.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

This hotel, unfortunately, has bed bugs as of April 2009. If not for that, it would otherwise have been a fine experience. If they are able to fix the problem, I would recommend them. But the one-star review is for the weeks of bites following our stay and the anxiety of having possibly brought them home.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
bamcc37, Manager at The Raymond Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2009
This is in response to the bed bug posting,let me assure you that we have never experienced a problem with bed bugs,roach's or any other Insect of any type. I personally invited the Los Angeles County Health Inspector to come here and Inspect the property which he did,quite extensively.The inspector found no evidance of bed bugs as stated on his report which can be viewed here at the Hotel. To be absolutley sure I disposed of the mattress/box spring and all linen plus had the carpet replaced and walls painted,our goal is to provide a Clean,Comfortable,and Affordable Hotel.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

I have to admit that I was a little frightened before arriving at this place based on nothing more than my prejudice over how cheap it was. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and quiet it was. It is definitely not a Radisson but for the price, it is an extremely good value. It is located on a quiet street across from a hospital. My room was small but had a television, refrigerator and sink. The place is kept so clean I even saw them cleaning all the door handles to the rooms! The manager was very nice and accommodating to me.

The only bad thing is sharing a toilet and shower. But if you have ever stayed in a hostel overseas before, this would be a top of the line hostel. Staying here saved me over $1000 during my three week stay compared to staying at anything else I could find. It was well worth it and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

I had an opportunity to have an extended stay at the Raymond Hotel (2 months) and really enjoyed the ambience, the people and the area. Grace and Doug, the managers were very cordial, accomodating, and congenial. They go the extra mile to meet your needs and to make sure that your stay is comfortable. The hotel is clean and safe. Linens and towels are changed as often as you request. The hotel itself is in a very safe neighborhood with public transportation, stores and restaurants nearby. The room price, particularly by the week, is phenomenal. I did a lot of research before I chose the Raymond, and no other hotel came close to matching their pricing.

The only potential downside is that there are no kitchen facilities, but even this can be a positive. There is an outdoor grill area that Doug will happily fire up for you at your request. Very often on Friday and Saturday nights, the hotel sponsors a cookout for the guests. It is a great opportunity to meet, greet and socialize.

This was a very positive experience for me and my family.

• Liked — The price. Proximity to Los Angeles.
  • Disliked — No kitchen facilities.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Raymond Hotel? Share your experiences!