“decent take-out, hit or miss on the quantity and quality sometimes” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yoshinoya West, Inc.

No photo provided
Improve this listing
Ranked #80 of 169 Restaurants in Alhambra
Cuisines: Japanese
So Cal
“decent take-out, hit or miss on the quantity and quality sometimes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I usually order to go here, and mostly when I have a coupon. The food is better than McD's for the most part, but yes, sometimes the food is hit or miss. Depending on your mood, you can't go wrong here, but you've probably had better.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food is just OK -- would I come back? Probably not.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Food is just OK -- would I come back? Probably not.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This was the first time...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

This was the first time I ate Yoshinoya out of Japan. It was not best but it left a very fond memory of my mother and I driving miles looking for this place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“what can I say that hasn't been said before?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2007

what can I say that hasn't been said before?

Alhambra, CA
“The best Yoshinoya in Cali! Always Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2007

The Yoshinoya on Valley is the best Yoshinoya I've been to. I try to eat there once a week - at least. While most people like the beef bowls, I LOVE the Chicken Teriyaki bowl. It's always good! The sauce at some other branches just doesn't taste quite right, but here it's always sweet , thick, and tangy. Plus, it's a pretty healthy alternative to typical fast food - I can lose like 5 lbs if I eat at Yoshinoya for a week. They also remodeled it recently and the background music is pretty good.

It's about $6.14 for a large Chicken Teriyaki bowl and a medium drink (fill it yourself at the fountain - free refills). You can ask for no skin too, if you're THAT picky :) They also have a mean grilled Teriyaki Shrimp bowl - and I think it's on sale right now for like $3.99.

Also - forget the forks and ask for chopsticks - don't be a wuss - it's part of the experience.

Anyway, visit it!