“One of our go to places in Alhambra” 4 of 5 stars

626-284-4943
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie's Trio Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 172 Restaurants in Alhambra
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: First St.
So Calif
“One of our go to places in Alhambra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

You can always get a good meal here for a reasonable price. What we like best is the broasted chicken and the shrimp scampi. The other pasta dishes, especially the chicken diablo, never fails. The prices here are low compared to the quality of the dishes. The house wines are very average. They serve bread with a herb infused olive oil that's very tasty. You can add a salad to your entree for $2. although they forgot to bring the salad on my last visit. The restaurant can get fairly busy on weekends as well as the parking in the area but I feel it's worth the trouble.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“I will not be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I webt for lunch with some co workers. Portions are very little. I ordered fried calamari appetizer and they served me a few rings of it at a expency price.

I am not sure if I will be back.
MD

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orange County, California
“good value and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Ate here on a Sat. night and it was busy! We were offered a table outside or wait 20 min. we opted for outside and even tho it was chilly had no problem. Was told if we got cold they would turn on the overhead heaters--did not need them. Food was delicious and very fairly priced. I got the chicken marsala, my wife got the Pork Saltambocca. My was good, my wife's was fantastistic. Definitely the dish to get. Only down side, the house chianti left a little to be desired. Overall, we had a great evening. Price for two dinners, 2 glasses of wine, salad, one dessert , tax and tip--$55.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berkeley, California, United States
“Good Food, Great Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I go to Charlie's Trio every time I visit family in So Cal. Great location, right on Main Street, with seating both outside and also in the back entrance. Every dish I've had, especially the pizza and pastas are terrific. In spite of the fact that they are always busy, the service is perfect and the food comes out simply delicious everytime. A well stocked bar that takes care of their customers thirst.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Try the Casalinga Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The location on Huntington Drive, was a regular stop prior to heading to Laker games. Service was always good and individual pizzas perfect with a salad.