“One of my Local Favor” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Los Angeles, California
“One of my Local Favor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went to eat here since I was about 10. I love the Curry Clam chowder, their food is great. Only thing a little sucky is the chairs. They could use a little bit of updating. If you don't mind, then I would suggest this restaurant.

PS: Love the In N Out next door too, also Pharos.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Lobster fest!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Inexpensive lobster in a coffee house style restaurant. It's quite casual. Don't miss the terrific ice cream hot fudge sundae. To die for.

Visited September 2012
Rosemead, California
“2EE'S”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had dinner at Twohey's (it's pronounced 2EE's) in Alhambra, CA today (6/14/2012). I've eaten there many times before. Twohey's has been around since 1943 and the reason for that is good food and good service. It's called the home of the "Little Stinko" - their signature burger. As of this writing a "Little Stinko" which comes with French Fries costs $6.95. My favorite, however, is the Curry Clam Chowder. It comes in a cup or a bowl. A bowl of the Curry Clam Chowder costs $5.95 and is well worth it.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alhambra
“Service is awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I wanted to inform you of the poor customer service that I received today. I called in to make a phone order. When the first gentlemen picked up, he was very polite and asked if I could hold for a moment and he would take my order. I waited for 10 minutes, assumed they forgot about me and called back. This time Sandy picked up. When I told her I had been placed on hold to make a phone order and waited for 10 minutes so I called back. Sandy said "I'm on my lunch break, I'm not doing it right now, I guess you just have to starve".

We went somewhere else.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Kind of a disappointment...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Not too impressed. Wanting something hot, I ordered the (??? curry) clam chowder. Bland. "Where's the clams???" Being from New England, I guess I asked for it!
Expensive, mediocre food.