“Nice surprise and comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1260 S. Loop Rd, Alameda, CA 94502 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
“Nice surprise and comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was returning home from a trip to California and looking for a convenient yet reasonably priced hotel by the Oakland Airport. I was nicely surprised to find the Extended Stay America very conveniently located with a huge and comfy room, including a living room and full kitchen. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom large and open. I will definitely go back even if it's to stay for a longer period.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you found our hotel's amenities and location fit your needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The cellphone reception is horrible. I was not impressed with my stay. The housekeeping service was not good. I stayed there due to my job, but I don't think I will stay there anymore. The "breakfast" was a joke.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry that you did not have satisfactory cell reception and that our housekeeping and breakfast did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, we are revising some of our breakfast items. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at oal@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Alameda, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

First impression on arrival the manager on staff name Justin was a bit arrogant, the carpet in the hallway was dirty and musty. There was cigarates smells and strong pet smells. The bed in the room was squeaky and lumpy. The room also has a smell, poorly equipped kitchen with dirty pots and pans. The room is not well insolated, we can hear every step from the neighbors above. We stayed on the bottom floor and the noise made for a very unpleasant stay. We did ask the manager to find us a different room and was told there wasn't one available and will let us know when one comes open. The manager never did anything and pretty much ignored our request. There was also some safety issues that needs to be address at this hotel. Unfortunately we had no choice but to stay at this hotel because its the only hotel in this area that has a kitchen in the room.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you have to. Best to stay on higher floor, very noisy on lower floor from neighbo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Maria - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. As well, I apologize that you experienced some issues with noise, odor and cleanliness during your stay with us. I will be sure to meet with our staff to ensure that these problems do not continue in the future. Lastly, I am sorry that your fully equipped kitchen did not meet your needs. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at oal@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have no problems staying here, and I would recommend to anybody.
People were great, very friendly. Room was very clean and comfortable.
It is a bit pricey.
You save about $5.00 if you register on line, I did it from my car in the parking lot with smartphone.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2+ floors, more privacy Away from elevator, a bit quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Alameda, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The room was kind of depressing. For one I walked in and it smelled wet and like rodents. The place wasn't very clean. There was some sort of food smear on the wall and the top blanket on the bed had stains on it. We ended up using our own blanket on top. The kitchen was nice but the biggest thing for me was the smell. The bed smelled like sweat and animal urine. Also the carpet was completely wet for the first 2 nights of our stay. We actually didn't even stay in our place the last three nights we paid for because it wasn't comfortable for me to be in the space. It would have been a lot more enjoyable if the place was a little cleaner and felt more sanitary. The staff was always really nice though.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I appreciate the kind comments about the staff. Knowing that the staff was really nice, lets me know that they were able to leave you with a good impression of our customer service. However, the issues you mentioned about the odor and bed, is unacceptable. Please accept my apologies for the strong odor and the careless mistakes on my housekeeping staff's behalf. To prevent this from happening again, my team have been made aware of the issues you have mentioned and will be bringing the room to hotel standards.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at oal@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Orem, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here for the first time and it's not bad. My room was good sized and everything was in good working order. The lady that checked me in & out was very friendly and knew her job. But I think the house keepers need to spend more time on clean-up as when I moved the coffee pot there were food crumbs under it and also under the desk, along with hairs around the bathroom sink. It is very remote and you won't find any food unless you travel a couple of miles. Otherwise it was OK but a bit on the spendy side when you consider there's no maid service.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of the hall. It was OK but it took a long while to get hot water to the sink...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dale - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. As this hotel manager, please accept my apology for the level of cleanliness in your room. I will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure this is remedied and our cleaning procedures are improved moving forward. Still, I am glad that you had a quick, easy check-in and that you enjoyed your room overall.

The staff and I would like to thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
Albany, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was a clean, comfortable hotel. We were happy to have a large room with a well-appointed kitchenette and not have to pay for frills that we didn't need (swimming pool, restaurant, etc.). The setting was in an area that could be described as business park-- very green and open. It's a great place to stay if traveling with a pet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport? Share your experiences!