You added Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1260 S. Loop Rd, Alameda, CA 94502 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Waikiki
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Room was fine. Barking dogs thru the night and the worst wifi connection possible. Great value otherwise. Booked randomly from Priceline, and got a better rate than some lesser hotels in the area. Will stay again only if the price is right. Is it really ok for hotels in 2013 to jip you on wifi?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your review. I apologize about the neighbor's pets barking and disturbing you during your stay. I also would like to apologize about the internet speed. Our IT department is currently working on making improvements in this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Nothing nice to say. The girl in the front was rude and not very helpful. My husband and I had our baby with us. We asked for a closer room or a 2nd floor because we felt it would be safer for us but she told us all the rooms were booked. She put us all the way in the back of the hotel and right next to the exit door. I didn't like that very much. People were just standing outside and chatting all night long. I had a horrible night of sleep because of that. Didn't feel safe at all.
The hotel it self is hidden and far from everything. I would not recommend this place to any of my family or friends..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we did not provide a convenient room on the first or second floor as you had requested. I have sat down and discussed with my team all the issues that you mentioned, and I sincerely want to apologize because they are not acceptable. To make sure that this doesn't happen again, I am coaching my team on how to best provide for our guests during different types of situations moving forward. It's always our pleasure to accommodate our guests in rooms that are convenient to their needs whenever availability permits.

Thank you again for your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This location is perfect for me and other co-wokers in the area, just a couple buildings down and I'm at work. Ideal for me! When I checked in Sandra was working the front counter and she was extremly friendly and welcomed me to the hotel. After the process of checking in she told me about the morning brakefast and offered me a basket full of items and that I were more than welcome to take whatever I wanted/needed from it: popcorn, toothbrush,tooth paste, extra shampoo, ect. I was very pleased. After that she told me the layout of the hotel and where my room was at. When I went into my room the arrangment of the room (which Sandra said was just remodeld) was very clean and looked brand new. I guess I was the first one in the room due to the bed was still pretty hard, not that comfy sleeping on. The next morning when I was leaving to work, Sandra was there and acknowlege me by name and asked me to write a review about my frist night stay, so in conclusion: 1. Location- A+ 2. Great staff -A+ 3. Clean & nice looking room- A+ Over all me last is going great, but the bed just needs to be "broken-in".

Room Tip: If you need help to find something in the aera ask the front desk they are really helpful!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review for our hotel. It's great to hear that Sandra was helpful and helped to make your stay comfortable. I have personally shared this review with her and the entire team as well as upper level management. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The room was good, the staff was even better. I brought my dogs and the staff gave them dog treats. They were more than happy to provide anything that was within their power to provide, such as toothpaste and coffee.

The room was up to the standards that I've come to expect from the chain. If anything, it was a little bit better than the usual, with the faux leather seats and the hardwood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi Eddie,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give Extended Stay America Oakland/Alameda Airport feedback on your recent stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made you and your beloved pet's stay comfortable and I have shared it with all our staff members. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

It is true this hotel is of grid and is surrounded by businesses, which makes it very quite. I just want to show some appreciation to a couple of staff that works there: Sandra who checked me in and gave me a lot of good info about the area and what the hotel has to offer. I got a call by Sandra a little after checking asking me how's the room, ect. It's good to know that she was just checking if everything was ok and if I needed anything to call the front desk. The next day I needed a taxi, I called and called but none of the taxis would come out there, so I called the front desk and Koi went over and beyond to help me get one. Saved me lots of time! The room was ok but Sandra and Koi (staff members) that helped me made my stay great.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding how our team made your stay special. We will make sure to relay your compliments to Sandra and Koi. Thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Want to recognize Sandra at the front desk for helping us resolve a room issue and then a laundry issue. She was outstanding.
The remodelling looks great. It didn't interfere with our stay.
We like this hotel because of its location in Alameda, close to airport and also the bay. It is convenient for getting on freeways, etc.

Room Tip: call the hotel directly
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such kind things about Sandra. I'm so pleased to hear that she was able to resolve your issue and you could enjoy your stay. The staff and I enjoyed reading your review, thank you again for posting! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Milpitas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Pros: Clean an comfortable. TV was ok - flat panel. Internet is free although if you want faster "premium" internet, you have to pay $3 a day for that. I opted for the premium and the speed was decent but not blazing. (I think they said up to 3 mb/s - I measured less than that, but I don't recall the number) The windows open. The bathroom was nice. I like having a kitchen so if I bring food back I don't have to worry about plastic forks or fumble with paper plates.

Cons: While the room was recently painted, the furniture had seen better days. The recliner was not bad. The couch was pretty tired. The bed was ok. The "breakfast" was pretty lame and they had run out of coffee by the time I came down. I ended up driving into Alameda to Peet's...

Now let's talk about the location. It's near the Airport with all that that entails. Airplane noise was present but didn't bother me. It's also in a commercial / business zone. So there are no restaurants in walking distance at all. You have to drive 4 or 5 miles into Alameda - but there are really nice places to choose from if you do. (I think there was some fast food a couple miles the other way near the Airport entrance) But since it's just down the street from the Raiders HQ, it's a nice area where you could ride a bike or not worry about having your car broken into. They didn't require a fence around the parking lot. All in all, I preferred my stay there over the Days Hotel (which was $8 cheaper)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property and that you found our location safe and convenient. We appreciate you letting us know that the furniture was in poor condition. We are glad to be able to communicate that we are updating our hotel’s lobby and guest room design package. This means a fresh, new hotel and guest room look is on the way and hopefully in place for your next stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport? Share your experiences!