“Terrible Stay, ashamed to have put my parents here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1260 S. Loop Rd, Alameda, CA 94502 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Alameda, Ca
“Terrible Stay, ashamed to have put my parents here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

What they said: "Breakfast will be served at 7am"
Reality: No breakfast was served (checked frequently between 7am to 9am)
Their response to complaint: Shrug

Room: Smelled like strong indian spice and curry
Bed: was slanted
Noise: Very high, construction started at 6am, no warnings, no apologies

They were unapologetic, offered no compensation.
We booked 2 nights, after 1st night wanted to leave, no refund, "too bad" attitude

Detailed story if it interests you:
My parents and my brother were visiting during spring break to meet my fiance.
I had some friends who recommended this place (a year ago). And I remember it being nice when I visited, and the price was also the best in the area.

My parents often do not complain at all. I offered to ask to change the room with the terrible smell of curry but they said it was ok. But then the next day my mom calls me and tells me that they want to move hotels (they never do this). But after they found out that they wouldn't refund our money after all our complaints they said they would endure one more night although I PLEADED with them to allow me to just book them another hotel as I felt ashamed to have placed my parents there. I was willing to pay another $150 for another hotel in the area and just let them have the money for another night of stay.

They told me they would stay one more night, after I kept pleading to let me move them, but they said "for us its ok, but please don't let anyone else stay at this place." She said "this is like an apartment with bad managers." Not a hotel feel at all. I think perhaps they went under new management recently, which might explain the previous recommendations from my friends.

If you are the manager of the this apartment and are reading this, please apologize for this terrible experience.

But to zoom out, emotions aside. The price was best in area for around $60 a night. So if you don't mind the smell of curry, the chance of no breakfast, lack of service, or construction noise then go ahead and stay here to save around $30 from places around. Otherwise stay at the hampton inn nearby, or the hotels along hegenberger.

Conclusion you get what you pay for, and suffer for what you don't.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America- Oakland- Alameda Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Whitefish, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Really very attractive on the outside, but surprising that it could be so worn out inside. Somehow the mattress made a huge amount of noise every time I turned over -- not even sure how that can happen! The carpet was very, very worn. The sofa bed was really awful. The bathroom and kitchen were clean. Towels were just a step above Motel 6 quality. At $65 on Hotwire we probably got what we paid for. Hallway smelled like smoke but room did not.

Room Tip: There may not be a good room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the beds in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen mattresses that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. I was very pleased to see that you found your suite clean and free of any offensive smells.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

If you are looking for a comfortable stay, this is the place. It is good for the price. They have a small breakfast Monday through Friday. There is a kitchen with a stove and refrigerator. There is a sleeper sofa in the room and coffee table, thus making the room feel like a studio apartment. Keep in mind that this is an extended stay hotel and house keeping only comes once a week. If you need fresh towels, there is a towel exchange at the front desk. The hotel is located in a business park and is in a safe area. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at the Extended Stay America -Oakland Alameda Airport.

Our hotel and team is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment of providing a home away from home, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we’d love to see you here again.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

In March 2012, I stayed on business for 4days at the ExtendedStayDeluxe-OaklandAirport Hotel.

The Hotel conditions are very clean and comfortable. They have all the room amenities that are wonderful like the full ktichen with refrigerator, bigscreen television & dvdplayer, work-desk, sofa, WIFI connection, etc...

The rooms are spacious & clean and the Hotel Staff are very friendly and helpful.

In particular, 2 of the hotel staff [Luis & Teresa] were very helpful during my 4 day business stay at ESD OaklandAirport, helping me with getting to and from OaklandAirport and Downtown Oakland ..and with helping me setup the WIFI on my laptop & printing a document I needed for my meeting, to their downstairs lobby printer.

I enjoyed my 4 day stay at ExtendedStayDeluxe-OaklandAirport ...and will definitely stay there again the next time I return to Oakland for business.

-David-

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing two of our staff members, Luis and Teresa. We are all totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Bay Area.. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport? Share your experiences!