“Nice Jr suites in convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Jr suites in convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights.

Location: In a nice, quiet, safe area. Near the Posey tube in Alameda. Very close to Target and small strip mall grocery store. 10 minute drive to West Oakland BART (you can take a Lyft/Uber for about $12). Not really a location where you walk to go out. Across the water from Jack London Square.

Hotel overall: On the water (some rooms have a view of the parking lot, others have a view of the boats), small lobby, friendly workers, free wi-if in rooms, fitness room on 4th floor (treadmill, elliptical, and another machine), free grab and go breakfast (if you get there after 9am you'll only find coffee and instant oatmeal).

Room overall: Think small studio; full refrigerator, kitchenette with hot plate, full bath, small eating table, another small table as a desk, dresser+TV, nice sitting chair. I check bedding before I get into a bed and noticed that the fitted sheet had some makeup marks. Not horrible but I asked for sheets to be changed (it was done without a problem).

Great value and location (especially if you have a car). Good for 1-2 people that pack light.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Paradise, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Last time I stayed here back in August 2013 I was very disappointed. I talked with the manager afterward and she asked if I would give the hotel another chance. I stayed there this month and had a room on the 3rd floor where some recent remodeling was completed. The room was clean, updated with fresh paint, flooring, and duvets. The hallways were clean and updated, and most importantly didn't smell old or like a smokers ward. The sitting lounges are nice touches throughout to have a place to go outside of your room, but still be within the safety of the hotel. Though the mattresses were very firm and there is no hair dryer in the bathroom, I had a good night sleep. I would now recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good deal to stay close to either San Francisco or Oakland.

Room Tip: I think being on the top floors helped with the room being updated. From what I understand the firs...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am so thrilled to know that you gave us another chance despite your past experience. Your kind words really mean a lot to us and I am happy your stay was enjoyable. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Where to begin.. Well upon check-in, after traveling all day, I was told that there were no non-smoking rooms left, even though that's what I reserved. The staff member told me to go check it out still. I couldn't even get off the elevator the smoke smell was so bad in the hallway. I told the lobby staff no that was unacceptable and was told that ESA cannot guarantee room preference. What?! Why would any non-smoker agree to stay in a room where people are smoking all over the floor?? Then I asked what other hotels were near and she wouldn't tell me and said they were all booked. Then as I was leaving the staff member miraculously found a non-smoking room. The room had a distinct musty, very unpleasant odor. I had to keep the windows open to be able to stay in the room. Then I opened a kitchen cabinet which had a putrid, old cheese smell. Everything in the hotel was very dimly lit. The lights in the room make a buzzing noise and the lights in the bathroom sound like a refrigerator. The shower started shaking and making a very loud noise halfway through my shower. I could hear it happening to other people as well. The caliber of people staying and working at ESA was troubling. The "exercise room" is on the fourth floor. Also a smoking floor where people had their room doors cracked open so even more smoke could billow out into the hallway. I had to run from the elevator to the exercise room with my face covered so I didn't have to get second hand smoke. I have never had a worse experience in my life! I couldn't wait to find another hotel and check out early! Oh and be wary of checking out early.. They added $10.00/day to the rate for leaving early. Good riddance! Yuck!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience including the booking issues during the check-in process and the odors in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your comments are greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Petaluma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location right on the Oakland/Alameda Estuary. Very close to supermarket and walking distance to the fabulous Pasta Pelican Restaurant. Kitchen in every room. Safe neighborhood. Nice staff. Bus #31 goes by every half hour to go explore Alameda or Oakland if you feel like getting drunk...it's only $2.10 for a ride.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

• Stayed January 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Although this place was nice it was pricey, it was covered as a business expense for myself. However it seemed to be the place to stay during the Raiders games as it was right next to the training field. Staff was always very friendly on site services provided a gym, and laundry and always free towel exchange between room cleanings. I stayed for over three months and never had a complaint it was away from the city so it stayed pretty quite but it was also close enough to shopping and other attractions that made the area very enjoyable. There is no restaurant but coffee and snacks are available in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

On my first and last visit to Extended Stay Hotel Marina Village, Alameda, I was disgusted with the room and the responsiveness of the staff. Our room smelled stale, 2 long black hairs were discovered between the sheets, the shower head made a horrific loud vibrating sound - like a freight train barreling through the room, and the staff did not get it fixed when I reported it. So, I apologize to the folks in adjoining rooms! I know we probably woke other guests up with the shower head noise, but we had an early appointment and had to leave by 8am. Also, the bathroom sink did not drain properly and you were staring at a mucky sinkfull of water, spit and toothpaste the whole time you were brushing your teeth. It was a dreary room because the window was covered with darkening drapes without a sheer liner that could be pulled separately. Since we were on the first floor with cars parked right outside our window, we had to keep the darkening drapes closed while were in the room. This made for very unpleasant time spent in the room during daytime hours. I asked the staff for a room change, but they were unable to accommodate us. This being my first experience at and Extended Hotel, I did not know they only provide the barest minimum of amenities i.e.: 2 unpleasant smelling bars of soap. My bad, I had no idea they don't provide the basics like shampoo and hand lotion. Oh well, if it smelled like the soap, then I would not have used it anyway. We had to make a trip to CVS to get the basic necessities of cleanliness.
The location is great and the scenery on the marina is very pleasant. This location deserves a much better hotel. There is NO value in staying at this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Don't bother with this hotel. Cigarette smoke permeates this "institutional like" hotel. 32 inch LCD TV is analog with limited channels. Vinyl recliner, no sofa. We dreaded going back each night so we moved to Hawthorn Suites in Alameda. The move was a major upgrade without much change in cost.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda? Share your experiences!