“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Aside from the house keeping staff and one or two staff workers the place was horrible. Room really had a strong odor of smoke. I would asked questions regarding the hotel and would be treated very poorly. I read other bad reviews and decide to stay here anyway, "bad choice" don't waste your money a Hilton or Marriott will only cost 30 to 40 dollars more a night. I stayed here for four nights with my wife and kids I made a bad choice

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Daridar2000

Clayton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had pets so we were in one of the pet rooms and were charged a non refundable pet fee. One would assume they would use the fee to clean the room. The room was clean, but smelled stale. Fr an extended stay, they should also offer better complimentary Internet service and at least basic fax services, which they didn't. The furnishings were old and threadbare.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mpdharley
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is perfect for a short stay in Alameda. It's very well run and the service was great. The only thing worth considering is how you get about. I had a car so didn't find it a problem. Some people may find it slightly out of the way from the main drag but then other people want that in a place to stay.

Shops and restaurants within walking distance are there so it's not the end of the world if you don't have transport.

Overall my experience was a great one and I would definitely consider using Extended stay on my next business trip.

Room Tip: Overlooking the marina you'll have a nicer view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JamOh
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for you reviews on our property. I'm so glad to hear that your overall experience was a great one. It's very nice being walking distance from the shops and restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again.
Alpena, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Found the staff very helpful, our room looked out into the harbor, near public transportation, great food at the near by Waterfront Deli, near grocery store and pharmacy, wonderful area to walk in...Loved everything

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your review for our hotel. I am glad the staff was very helpful and you loved everything! We look forward to seeing you again.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Each staff member is welcoming, professional, and a delight to interact with during your stay. Highlights are: you are right at the marina, one (1) trans bay bus ($4.2) from Downtown San Francisco, excellent for commuter, grocery, pharmacy, Chase and Well Fargo, and fast food all within walking distance. On site laundry, however two (2) of the washer out of 4 are OOO every other week. Housekeeping weekly,they are awesome and very accommodating even changing shower curtains, leaving extra supplies based on use, etc.

The manager noticed I'd be there for a while and gave me a room more than accommodating for working from home and having my guest feel comfortable. I am very thankful!

Note- this particular ES is exempt from the tax break for an extended duration that is the main down fall to this location.

Room Tip: 206 - very roomy and none smoking
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mslmlindsey
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff was a delight to interact with during your stay and took care of you.

Petaluma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Every time we stay at this beautiful waterfront hotel, everything is just wonderful.

The staff are extremely helpful. The scenery outside is amazing. This is a safe neighborhood and you can even walk to the Pasta Pelican Restaurant/Bar to enjoy lunch or dinner.

The Lucky Supermarket and CVS are just a few blocks away as well if you want to cook in your room!

The hotel has recently been renovated, so everything is nice and new and clean.

They have also begun to offer fruit, oatmeal, muffins, etc....and coffee in the lobby for breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the marina.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff is extremely helpful and that you feel safe. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I Enjoyed My Stay Here The Management And Staff Were Very Helpful,Rooms Were Very Clean.I Enjoyed The Kitchennet I Could Buy What I wanted To Cook.It Was A Safe And Relaxing Area Everything Was Walking Distance,Stores,Restaurants.I Realy Enjoyed How Quiet Alameda,CA Was And The People Were Nice.I Would Stay Here Again.I Would Like To Thank Management And The Staff For Making My Stay Here Great.

Room Tip: I Liked The Rooms On The Marina Side.I Realy Liked Room 435 It Was A Corner Room But The 4th Floor W...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm glad the management and staff were very helpful and that you felt safe. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham -Oakland/Alameda
3.0 of 5 stars 183 reviews
Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
The Inn at Jack London Square

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda? Share your experiences!