“Great Place to Stay.. I would come to this hotel again” 5 of 5 stars

Coral Reef Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Jakarta
“Great Place to Stay.. I would come to this hotel again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days with my big family.. We reserved 3 suites rooms from hotel web site & Travelocity. The rooms we got were so big, with kitchen, dining room, spacious living room with sofa bed, bedroom with TV & clean bathroom and they have big parking space too.. Firstly when we saw the rooms, we afraid that the staff give us the wrong room, but after we double check it, we were very pleasant. The room little bit old fashion, but clean & nice. The staffs are very kind and helpful. The location was also nice, near to shopping complex and others. Compare to the room size, location, and facilities, this hotel are have reasonable price for me.

• Liked — all
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
boulder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

Great price and great hotel. I booked my room through hotels.com and when i went there there was no reservation under my name. The front desk staff was so concerned that he personally contacted the hotels.com and accomodated me. The place is right by the bay and 24 hrs shopping complex across the street made my stay pleasant.

• Liked — spacious room
  • Disliked — little old property
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

August 8th 2008
We stayed at the Coral Reef Jun30th until August2cd, It was so hard to leave , the suite was like a condo , alot of space , fun kitchen , dinning room , sofa sleeper in the livingroom, bed room and a large bathroom and everything was so clean. I also had great dishes and cookware and a balcony to rest on , the lagoon had ducks that would visit, we truly enjoyed them. We were in walking distance to everything , that made things go great , we enjoyed shopping ,eating and long walks on the bay and at times we were content to sit around the property and talk to everyone. The Staff was the best , I had everything we needed at my fingertips, We were spoiled by the staff, We would like to Thank several and my Favorite Suneil and my other favorite Sanqesh (Kuhuna) and very precious and willing to help you Joyce , Patel in laudry and Havier the do it all... And most of all the housekeepers who work hard all day long . I would like to extend my Thanks to Paul the owner for all he has done to make this possible. I miss you all and hope to visit again soon , God Bless

Ina and Danielle Dearing girls from Va

• Liked — Updated,clean lots of parking friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

I don't even know where to begin. They obviously have a nice show room because we were recommended this hotel by the couple who whose wedding we were in town for, and they said it was fine. Our 'suite" was filthy- greasy cushions on the couch, burn stains on the tub, blood spatter on the bedroom wall, and I've seen cleaner toilet seats in gas station restrooms. The doors were off the hinges on the bedroom closet, the pull out sofa bed was broken, and we found a crack pipe in the cupboard. My husband is a police officer for a large city, and wasn't given much respect when confronting the office staff. After six hours of waiting for a new room to be cleaned and after the office staff repeatedly hung up on the Travelocity representative, we got the heck out of there! We have never stayed in such an awful hotel!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Metro California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

I am a police officer in a major metro area, and brought my wife to Alemeda for a weekend to take some sailing classes. I looked all over for a hotel close to the location and found this one. I saw the photos, and either those are signifigantly dated photos, or extremely photo shoped. The property was nothing like the online photos. It was a converted appartment complex and was not clean. It needed significant maintenance, cleaning, and probably renovation / management change. The room we were in was advertised as "nonsmoking". The cloud of smoke in the room was so thick, we had to sleep in the front room. It was like a hotel on our prostitution strip. I never would have stayed there had I known. I slept with one eye open and my gun nearby. Some of the visitors looked like regulars, and were definate gang members, lugging in cases of booze. Since I do it in my everyday job, I swept the room for illegal paraphernalia, and was not disappointed. I located narcotics paraphernalia which is criminal to possesss under the bed. Our second night we were able to get another room which we checked out prior to it being cleaned, to see if we could breath without SCBA. It was obvious a huge party took place in that room. My advice, it is safer to sleep on the beach and take your chances getting a ticket from the local cops than to stay here.

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — Arriving
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

Alameda was a great town. Near the Bay and within one block of the hotel. Bird watching, park, fishing also within one block. Walgreens, grocery store, some shopping across the street. Any kind of food at reasonable prices located on the same street as hotel within a couple miles away. So area is great. Without the hustle and hectic traffic in Oakland, Berkeley, and San Fran. Rooms large. Kitchen area functional. Lots of closet space and drawer space for long trips. Rooms clean. Problems: 1) parking--get there early at night or good luck finding parking, 2) wireless internet--not really wireless outside of lobby, so unless you get an ethernet cord from the front desk for your room, good luck, and 3) hotel front desk staff--not so friendly, not so capable.

• Liked — City of hotel
  • Disliked — parking, internet, hotel staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

This place is in a fantastic location, and has tremendous potential if it ever passes into the hands of competent management. My impression is that the current management could care less about the safety and comfort of their guests. We awoke on our first morning in the hotel to the sound of a S.W.A.T. team battering in a door and shouting to the occupants to keep their hands up. I looked out the window to see a large group of heavily armed police leading away two gang members. The broken door to the room was left flapping in the breeze for the duration of our 2 day visit. Management did not offer any apology or explanation, leaving me with the impression that this type of occurrence is nothing new. Too bad, this used to be the best place to stay in Alameda.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Coral Reef Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!