This is a regular ol' Hampton Inn — clean and predictable — but I love it for several reasons:
1. It's priced (at least when we stayed there) like a regular ol' Hampton Inn. There was no giant markup like you find at a lot of bay area hotels.
2. It's close to the Oakland airport for convenience, but it's not in Oakland itself. It's in a very nice, office-park-like setting with manicured lawns and virtually no pedestrians. Alameda seems like a safe, quiet area, unlike most of Oakland.
We rented a car, but if you want to take public transit there's a free hotel shuttle that will take you to the airport, where you can connect to BART and zip over to SF pretty quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary Guest Shuttle available from 4:00AM - 1:00AM daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Oakland Airport
- Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport Hotel Alameda
- Hampton Inn Alameda