“Extremely Comfortable Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, United States
“Extremely Comfortable Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This Hampton Inn & Suites delivers excellent service and an incredibly clean, lovely room. It's in a very quiet and safe area, yet has good restaurants within a short drive. I stayed while on a business trip and the environment was conducive to working in the room and then sleeping like a baby to be well-rested and able to conduct a big training event the next day! I would highly recommend this location to business and non-business travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Ruth,

I am glad that you found our location safe and quiet, yet accessible for your business travels. And sleeping like a baby is the ultimate form of hospitality a hotel can offer its guests. Thank you for that very nice compliment.

We think our location is a great spot for business and leisure travelers, it is nice that you agree. Come back for another visit soon.

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I accidentally posted this for the Hampton Inn in Hayward...oops! I meant it for this location. Wonderful place, great to have a fridge and microwave, great staff...and when I left my Kindle behind, they called me and let me know. I'm glad to know that the housekeeping staff is not only good at what they do, they are honest people as well!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Jimmy,

Your review tells the best story about our team. I am so proud of their integrity and honesty. Thank you so much for sharing your commendation, that means a lot to me and I know it will mean a lot to them.

We appreciate your business, come back soon.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room was spacious,clean and it was fresh looking. Before I selected this hotel,I was looking for a church close by,so we were ready for dinner drive to a pizza place in the mall close by. Driving in the night was little scary because the hotel is situated in an industrial area, at the edge of the bay. The second floor room was quite for some time until some kids were running from room to room and keeping all of us awake. I had to call the front desk but I doubt any body came to the second floor as the noise in the rooms continued to the late hours and I couldn't get the rest I wanted.I wish they could sound proof the rooms in the inside just like they have done outside, as I didn't hear any planes though it was next to the Oakland airport. The Breakfast was awesome and the breakfast area was very clean. This is the first hotel, I saw the Ice maker in a covered area next to the elevator. I will visit again for the Breakfast but not to sleep ...

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and the Ice Maker.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Chandana,

Thank you for your compliments about the cleanliness, large rooms and pleasing quality of our hotel.

I regret that there was a problem with your discourteous neighbors. That is certainly not indicative of the level of service we intend to offer our guests. On your next visit, please call me personally so that I may oversee the arrangements for your stay. Additionally, I can make some suggestions for dining that I think you will enjoy.

Your business is important to us, so I look forward to speaking with you.

Castle Rock, WA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed close to the airport here. Needed a short stay to rest between flights. Arrival and departure were smooth with shuttle service. It was quiet, clean, efficient and friendly. Great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan,

Many of our guests are pleasantly surprised with how restful our location is. I am so happy that you also found our hotel quiet and comfortable.

I hope that you can come back again soon and take advantage of our free shuttle and the other amenities that make a traveler’s visit less stressful.

Stockton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton Inn at the northern edge of the main runway of the Oakland Airport. There is a shuttle, it is a very quiet and nice area, could not hear any planes from inside the hotel. No where to eat that is not a little drive though.

Exceptionally clean, very nice front desk staff, excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the runway also overlooked the eastern edge of the San Francisco Bay so there is so...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Tom,

We appreciate your nice review of our hotel. Thank you for mentioning the quietness of the rooms and the convenience of the shuttle.

On your next visit to our hotel, please contact me personally. There are some dining options that I think you might enjoy.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice accommodations, staff was friendly.
The only draw back is that there was no place to dine that was within walking distance. In fact you need to drive about ten minutes through unfamiliar areas that are hard to describe other than high risk.

Room Tip: Bring something to eat, all that is available at night is vending machines. The breakfast is good, t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kevin,

I am glad that you found our staff friendly and that you liked the accommodations. On your next visit to our visit, please contact me personally. I think I can offer some dining options that you might enjoy.

Thank you for your business.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed one night. It is near the airport with a small shopping center nearby for dining. The rooms were very clean, no hassles. Breakfast was good for the complementary cost. I thought it was a good value for cost and have little to complain about. Personally, I found the bed a little firm but that may be just my impression.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Martin,

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I am happy that your travels to our hotel were stress-free and that you enjoyed our breakfast and the cleanliness of our rooms.

We aim to provide a great value to our guests, from your comments it sounds like we have succeeded.

Come back again soon.

Director of Operations

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!