“This is THE BEST lodging near the Oakland Airport.” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado
“This is THE BEST lodging near the Oakland Airport.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We fly into OAK preferentially because it is much more convenient than SFO. The Hampton Inn is quieter, cleaner, nicer than any nearby facility. That said, it is remote from the others (en route to the Alameda-SF Ferry) and one will need a car to get to restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. Our quiet, convenient location and guest service are usually important to our customers. The next time that you plan to stay with us, please feel free to contact me so that I can provide you with some information about some restaurants and entertainment nearby that you might like.

We appreciate your business very much.

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Clean beyond belief! I wish my bed at home was as nice. The hotel is calm and quiet. The breakfast buffet is above average (nice fresh fruit compote, sausages, eggs, waffles, etc.) A really nice area for a morning walk or run. The only down-side is that there is no bar and that restaurants are some distance away. This is the hotel that Oakland/Alameda has needed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear George,

Your description of the cleanliness of our hotel, the peaceful atmosphere and the delicious complimentary breakfast was so well said. I am glad that you liked the property. On your next visit to our property, please contact me directly so I can assist you in finding restaurants and other entertainment that you might enjoy.

Thank you for choosing us for your trip to the Bay Area.

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

GREAT place for the business traveler, no famlies, quiet, just wonderful!! A little hard to find tho. Nice to have free wi-fi and parking. Wonderful comp breakfast with great healthy choices and a smiling server too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Paula,

We appreciate your complimentary review of our hotel. We enjoy both business and leisure guests who like the quiet location, hearty breakfast, and good service.

Thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn & Suite Oakland Airport for your travels to the Bay Area. I hope you stay with us again soon.

Glendale, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel breaks the mold for airport hotels. If only every airport hotel was as clean, accessible, quiet and service oriented as this Hampton Inn, business travel would be much more tolerable. The amenities for this hotel were also much better than expected - the workout facility had newer equipment and was well maintained. The shuttle service was also very good.

Travelers should use caution when booking rooms near the Oakland airport since some of the surrounding neighborhoods are a little...sketchy... This hotel is set away from the less-than-appealing residential neighborhoods in the area, and feels very safe. It is actually near the Raider's training facility, and early risers may even see the players running by during morning workouts.

There is a reason this is the #1 hotel in the Alameda area, and I would not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Your description of our hotel, location and services was so well said. Our location is quiet, yet easily accessible and close to the airport and the Raider’s training facility. Many people, including some Raiders enjoy our walking and biking paths by the Bay. I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our complimentary breakfast.

Visit us again soon, we look forward to it.

Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed one night on my way to CO for a ski trip. Front desk is very helpful and has good advice. The shuttle driver was nice and friendly. The location is a little hard to find but my gps steered me to the front door. I was worried about safety as it says Oakland but the hotel is located in an office park area and is in Almeda but is only about 4 minutes from the airport. I used the park and fly which is a good deal.

Room Tip: There is a little noise since they are next to the airport so ask the desk which rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments about our helpful staff and convenient location. We strive to make travel easy for our guests with our shuttle service, complimentary breakfast, and other services. I am glad we were able to make your journey more enjoyable.

We look forward to your next visit, thank you for choosing our hotel.

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Not only is this one the best Hamptons ever in terms of room size, cleanliness, facilities, and service, it has an amazing view! Instead of the usual parking lot, a breathtaking vista over the bay! Very pleased with the hotel, and its location. Oakland has a gritty/dodgy reputation, but no worries here.

• Stayed February 2013
Bhotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are proud of our beautiful view of the San Francisco Bay. We think it is unique and peaceful in such a seemingly urban area, I hope you found it restful.

Your compliments about the size of our rooms, the cleanliness and the service will be conveyed to our staff. They love to know that our guests recognize their efforts in offering a great stay.

Thank you again!

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I loved this hotel! I was on business and I had hoped to be booked at the Marriott only to be disappointed by what I thought would be below average. I was expecting cheap and chintzy, but I got exceeded expectations.

I felt the hotel was extremely clean, the staff was very helpful and let us check-in super early, I appreciated the constant spread of hot drinks and complimentary fruit and cookies throughout the day, the rooms were very comfortable, the beds just right and I felt that I had everything I needed, and if I missed anything, the hotel would hook me up.

For once, I slept peacefully and soundly because I felt so comfortable in my surroundings. I could see the effort the hotel was making and I appreciated it!

And did I mention the awesome breakfast spread? Yeah. Awesome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Your complimentary review of our hotel was so nice to hear. Our team strives to keep our guests happy, so they will be glad to hear their efforts acknowledged. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the complimentary refreshments. Offering a good night’s rest is the highest accomplishment of a hotel, thank you for letting us know that we succeeded.

We look forward to your next visit with us, come back soon.

Dhruv Patel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!